Testing in the morning FX update

Good luck today! I pray you get some answers and good news!! Sending positive vibes to you <3

That's really good, fingers crossed for some lovely high numbers! Your tests are looking fab, it's like they have just decided to take leaps with progression today

Oh yay look at those tests!! I'm soo glad they are finally giving you bloods today yay!! I hope everything goes great, and I'm really happy for you! <3

Sorry Zoe but I have to disagree with you there. If OP went to the doctor and did a test there and it had a faint line on it, they wouldn't say it was negative, because there would be a line there. They may be concerned and want to do bloods, but they wouldn't consider it negative. Also, I don't know if US FRER differs from ours in the UK, but not one single time have I had a FRER show a line out of the timeframe that just magically appeared. And I have used shitloads of them. Indents, yes. Actual lines appearing outside of the timeframe, nope.

Korin, they're different ICs than before aren't they? I wonder if that's why they're not as clear. The FRER is faint but is showing darker with your smu. Perhaps stick to that instead?

They must do things different in the UK... Last year I had my pregnancy confirmed at the doctor. 2 weeks later I miscarried. When I went for my follow up they had me do another urine test. The doctor said test was negative. I asked if it still had a line because I wanted to make sure the HCG was going out of my system like it should. She said if the line is very faint they DO NOT consider it a positive. And I have had several other pregnant friends go to get their urine tested before their missed period and the doctor has always called it negative yet they got faint lines on FRERs. Sorry you disagree with me.

Top test yesterday then 12am this morning and last 2 I just took now,
I called Ob office and cried on the phone saying I was worried and explained again what's been going on with the tests and bleeding I had. They couldn't get me in before my appointment but ordered blood work for today and Friday.:thumbup: just got our kid on the bus my SO is going to take me soon.

Now those are definitely some lines! I wonder why it's taking so long for the lines to get dark? And I am so glad they are able to get you in for bloodwork. Like I said its always good to get checked with stuff like this. Good luck :)

I&#8217;m from the U.K. and my doctors are the same like Zoe , allthough I know a faint line means bfp, our Doctors do not class a positive result in their surgery using their tests u less there is a good solid line. If I went with faint tests they call it negative. I have no idea why? Maybe it&#8217;s to not cause too much hurt because of early loss etc? I have no clue why they do it, it&#8217;s silly but I suppose they hve to draw the line somewhere and there threshold seems to be strong line or nothing xx

GL with ur results today

That's the craziest thing I have heard. It isn't if someone knows they have miscarried or are miscarrying, that's completely different. But to say a test is negative when it has a line, simply because it isn't as dark as they'd like, is stupid.
When I had tests which were varying from light to darker, I showed both a doctor and a nurse at my surgery my photos of all my tests and even the faint ones they said they were definitely positive, faint but positive. It didn't matter how dark the line was, and they were my tests not even theirs.
Zoe sorry if you're offended by my post but I have to be honest it did get to me how you worded yours, saying you'd say OP isn't pregnant if her tests haven't progressed. It just isn't the case with everyone, people and pregnancies are individual and OP already said this is similar to her previous pregnancy where her lines stayed faint. I just think it was quite negative and wasn't really necessary :shrug:

I agree completely stupid, for a line to appear no matter how faint there has to be HCG in your urine which obviously = pregnant. I never go to the doctors unless 6-7 weeks pregnant for fear of feeling stupid if my test isn&#8217;t &#8216;dark enough&#8217; and classed as negative.

And with tests darkness etc I haven&#8217;t experienced them taking along time to get dark, but with my last pregnancy my tests progressed then at 16/17dpo began to get very faint! After a few days of lighter tests, going out of my mind with worry and betas, they got darker again and I decided to
Stop testing, she is now 16 months, I have everything crossed for OP xz

Keepsmiling yes! Haven't they heard of 'a line is a line'?!? Concern I can understand, but to write someone off as not pregnant based on the shade of a line is utter madness. I guess all doctors are different. Some don't even know how to read tests correctly, I had a doctor tell me his test was positive just because the control line showed up. You can imagine my momentary excitement after having all over the place tests, to be told that his less sensitive test was positive, only for him to then tell me oops he read it wrong.
I think it's awful you don't feel able to go to your doctor before a certain point in pregnancy for fear of being made to feel like that. I'm sorry they made you feel like that before, they shouldn't have and it's completely unprofessional.
I too hope OP has some good news today

That's the craziest thing I have heard. It isn't if someone knows they have miscarried or are miscarrying, that's completely different. But to say a test is negative when it has a line, simply because it isn't as dark as they'd like, is stupid.
When I had tests which were varying from light to darker, I showed both a doctor and a nurse at my surgery my photos of all my tests and even the faint ones they said they were definitely positive, faint but positive. It didn't matter how dark the line was, and they were my tests not even theirs.
Zoe sorry if you're offended by my post but I have to be honest it did get to me how you worded yours, saying you'd say OP isn't pregnant if her tests haven't progressed. It just isn't the case with everyone, people and pregnancies are individual and OP already said this is similar to her previous pregnancy where her lines stayed faint. I just think it was quite negative and wasn't really necessary :shrug:

My post was never meant to be negative. I was giving her my honest opinion. Her tests had been the same for almost 2 weeks and all I saw were very very faint lines, and some I didn't even see a line. We come on here to get opinions. Sorry that my opinion wasn't up to your standards. And yes most doctors here will not count a test as a positive unless it is a solid line. I don't know why that is, I am not a doctor. Which is why I said it would be better to get bloods drawn. I was never negative in my post and I apologize if you took it that way. This is supposed to be a positive and supportive forum and if you go back and re-read my comment I told her "good luck and to keep us updated because obviously it is concerning if her lines hadn't progressed". And I also commented on her tests she took this morning. I saw CLEAR LINES which I did not see on yesterdays post. I just don't appreciate being called out because my opinion might differ from other posters on this thread.

My post was never meant to be negative. I was giving her my honest opinion. Her tests had been the same for almost 2 weeks and all I saw were very very faint lines, and some I didn't even see a line. We come on here to get opinions. Sorry that my opinion wasn't up to your standards. And yes most doctors here will not count a test as a positive unless it is a solid line. I don't know why that is, I am not a doctor. Which is why I said it would be better to get bloods drawn. I was never negative in my post and I apologize if you took it that way. This is supposed to be a positive and supportive forum and if you go back and re-read my comment I told her "good luck and to keep us updated because obviously it is concerning if her lines hadn't progressed". And I also commented on her tests she took this morning. I saw CLEAR LINES which I did not see on yesterdays post. I just don't appreciate being called out because my opinion might differ from other posters on this thread.

Yes I agree with you, you're absolutely right. It is meant to be a supportive and positive forum, which is why I said what I said about what you said, because it didn't feel positive or supportive. That specific part of your post, where you said you would say she wasn't pregnant, based on the fact her lines were faint. If you imagine how you might feel if that was said to you. I have had it said to me before, and it just isn't a nice thing to hear when you know yourself that your tests have lines, you are pregnant and you're hoping for a positive outcome. If you want to keep arguing with me about it then PM me as this isn't really the place to do it

Yes I agree with you, you're absolutely right. It is meant to be a supportive and positive forum, which is why I said what I said about what you said, because it didn't feel positive or supportive. That specific part of your post, where you said you would say she wasn't pregnant, based on the fact her lines were faint. If you imagine how you might feel if that was said to you. I have had it said to me before, and it just isn't a nice thing to hear when you know yourself that your tests have lines, you are pregnant and you're hoping for a positive outcome. If you want to keep arguing with me about it then PM me as this isn't really the place to do it

Good lord I'm not arguing about this anymore! This is not our post this is Korin's post.

Korin I am truly sorry if you found my post to be negative or not supportive. I sincerely never meant for it to come across that way. Anyway good luck. Please keep us updated on your bloodwork today :)

Okay ladies just got the call I am indeed pregnant but hcg beta came back at 207 so not sure if it a new pregnancy or I'm what I thought around 6 weeks. OB thinks might be a new pregnancy. Have to go back Friday for more blood work to see if they're rising or not. Still going to have dating US on March 5th to see where I am. My SO brought me out to a nice Valentine's day lunch to celebrate the news. As for my tests not sure why they took so long to get darker but staying positive and most likely stop testing after tomorrow.

My gut says new pregnancy. Fx for great number on Friday!!

That sounds like a good number to me! That's really good news and I'm really pleased for you. I hope it more than doubles for your next lot

Awe yay that's so exciting!!! This kinda happened to me had faint lines Jan 11th,12th,13th 14th but turn they went a little faint so I stopped for like 8-9 days then tried again totally positive and continued getting darker so I'm not sure if I was lost it and conceived again or am further along, I'm sure its the same for you. But I'm so ecstatic that you have a for sure answer more you know you are pregnant right now 100% that's just amazing!

Okay ladies just got the call I am indeed pregnant but hcg beta came back at 207 so not sure if it a new pregnancy or I'm what I thought around 6 weeks. OB thinks might be a new pregnancy. Have to go back Friday for more blood work to see if they're rising or not. Still going to have dating US on March 5th to see where I am. My SO brought me out to a nice Valentine's day lunch to celebrate the news. As for my tests not sure why they took so long to get darker but staying positive and most likely stop testing after tomorrow.

Thats great news! Congratulations

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->