Testing question

TTC First

Reaction score
I believe there is special testing that I am supposed to be doing because I am 38. My doctor hasn't brought it up and I don't go back for a bit. Can someone fill me in on what tests I am supposed to be doing so I can mention it when I go in next?

Thanks

Hi TTC - congratulations!

It depends on which country you are in as to what may be available to you. I have just turned 37 and am in the UK, we get offered a combined test (for Downs) which is a blood test combined with the nuchal translucency measurement done at 11-14 weeks, then if high risk (greater than 1:150) offered CVS or amniocentesis.
I actually went private and paid for the Verifi test also which is a blood test for Downs, Edwards and Patau syndromes and had the option to find out gender. I had this done at 16 weeks but you can get it from 10 weeks. I know there are similar tests available in the US, one is called Harmony.

Have a happy and healthy 9 months x

I'm in UK too and again gave had the Downs test - your MW and OB will advise you what is available to you. . Sorry to jump in Heidi but how much was your private test?

It was £600 at the Women's hospital in Liverpool x

Hi,

I´m in Spain and I think it´s similar to the UK. You´re offered the option of doing the triple screening test which I´ve done with both pregnancies (I´m currently awaiting results on this one). Basically it´s blood tests combined wth NT measurement taken at 12 week scan and your age...a risk ratio then comes out and you´re offered a further procedure if your risk is considered high. The test is for Downs, Edwards and some other things I can´t quite remember right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->