Thank you :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sugar puff i think that is a brilliant idea x

The only trouble with that is where do we draw the line? Make BF section private for BF'ers only, FF for FF'ers only, etc etc, we would end up just totally closing the forum off to people.

We have 2 sections "closed" off because of their sensitive nature (girly sanctuary aside), would you class this section as sensitive in general?

Its a good idea in principle and i think the sentiment is there, i just dont think it will work well in practice :)

well how about penalising the people who only post in particular sections when they find something that offends them - just to aggravate situations, rather than the people who make a genuine contribution to a particular forum ?

if something offends you, walk away.....

I think when you sign up (for me anyway) you don't realise that you will begin to have relationships with these people and things change and for them to be simply forgotton especially if they have been a source of support seem a bit off to me (not even allowed to mention their names?) also it's not just that as I said before it's deleting threads without explanation, closing sections without explanation. I just think as member, we should have a right to question these things and be treated with respect. It just feels like there's a lot of, 'I don't like this... Delete/ban/close' without any thought about other members :shrug:

Second half of that I would agree with, in part, but it is certainly isn't as simple as 'not liking' (there is usually something that has preceded, which may not be known by the general forum population).
As for the first half, you won't find many message boards that don't have a the same rule.

Sugarpuff, I know it has been mentioned a few times that the term 'Natural Parenting' could have connotations that aren't meant to be implied and prehaps puts an undue divide between natural and 'un-natural' (<-- see what I mean) parenting. We have thought about renaming it 'Eco Parenting' (or something similar).

TBH this obviously is a sensitive issue with some people seeing as they often feel the need to come in here and express/defend their own parenting decisions?

I agree with PP, if you start making sections restricted it would end up with everyone wanting something private or 'members only'. I think it's just a case of being respectful. There are plenty of girls on here that are able to give their opnion or debate about something that they feel strongly about without being rude or patronising like one or two of the now banned members were in and around the forum, not just in here

i think some people came on forums and threads that they have no interests in and cause trouble.

I think i get what you mean (kinda :lol:) but im off home from work now so will reply properly later :)

I'm not questioning admin, I agreed to the rules when signing up and will follow them. But I have honestly never been on a forum with that rule and also run a parenting forum myself and we do not have that rule. If we ban or delete (which we almost never delete) we explain why. Granted we aren't quite this big but a good sized forum. Either way when you sign up you agree to the rules and they need to be followed, I'm sure the admin have their reasons for the rules they have in place.

I think the reason for not discussing banned members is because during the time I have been on this forum there have been members banned after sucking in a lot of people with lies and thus causing a lot of upset and hurt once banned. This is why it's not allowed to talk about them. That's the impression I always got anyway.

I know, but I think that's why the rule is there that's all. I guess the rules can't be changed on an individual basis. xx

I like 'eco parenting'
although i do think that it may not be feasible (or desirable) to close it off, i agree with sugarpuffs point. i just wish everyone would / could come in here and post / read with an open mind and a gentle word :)
i dont think it has a superior attitude either, i dont know why people seem to think it does. mostly its very humble, unassuming and tolerant! maybe the change of title might help?

Just because we do something different doesn't mean we are superior we just do something different, i chose my ways because they were right for us not because they made me feel better than others.
As for people that have been banned there have been some lovely ladies over the past month or so banned and two that didn't do anything was banned all were supportive and helpful but were removed for one reason or another and at times i wish i could say oh ...... said if you do ..... then that works but nope i have to bite my tounge, there have been a cull of np ladies and without the np'er been asked what there actions were for yet another person on here may slander, slate and be derogative towards others and all is fine, i guess it pays to be in the in crowd so if i stop np'ing and stop bf then i guess i will be safe and accepted

I have to say I've never got the feeling people have a superior attitude in this section, there are certain members in other areas I do think have this attitude and not just about parenting yet because they are popular members they are left to it :shrug:

Maybe people mistake a sense of pride for their own method of parenting, for an air of superiority that I just don't think exists in this section of the forum.

There will be bf 'v' ff debates and cloth 'v' sposies debates until the end of time, but that doesn't mean those of us who chose bf and cloth for our children, feel superior; however, we obviously do think our choices are better than the alternative otherwise we'd have chosen the alternative. Likewise, those who use sposies obviously think their choice is better otherwise they wouldn't have chosen it.

Passion and pride can often be mistaken for arrogance and a superiority complex, which is a shame.

Just wanted to point out that not everyone who uses cloth BFs. Just because there was a comparison drawn in the above post xx

Just wanted to point out that not everyone who uses cloth BFs. Just because there was a comparison drawn in the above post xx

I know, sorry about that. I wasn't assuming everyone does, or that everyone who uses sposies FFs, just that those are the two things mentioned either here or another thread that are discussed in the NP section.

pretty much the only 'natural parenting' i do, are cloth nappies and a babyled way of bringing her up - ie. no rigid routines etc.

i planned to have a water birth with no pain relief - this was scuppered by an emergency section.

i also planned to breastfeed but my baby just couldn't latch on and my milk quickly dried up just expressing.

i have never been made to feel like i'm inferior in any way in this forum because of this, only in real life :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back