Thankful (for a baby) in November 2017

Fingers crossed for you ttc!

I think I'll be doing most testing that is offered. My family history isn't the greatest health wise. I even have a younger brother with a rare chromosomal abnormality. Although it is one that isn't normally tested for. I don't think the results would change my decision to have the baby, but they would help me prepare. Yes, I would stress and worry, but I am also a planner and like to have all the facts. I tend to find the unknown more stressful.

Like Mom15 said, the same thing can make two people feel completely different. I feel fortunate to live in a time when we can at least make these decisions for ourselves.

Glad to hear everyone is doing well :)

I went away for the weekend and it was lovely!!
It is Easter Sunday morning here and my son just did his first Easter egg hunt! Soooo exciting! He loved it! And he got to eat chocolate for breakfast hahaha.

My skin is so so so crap now. Covered in pimples and it's the worst. Ughhhhh

I will announce on social media today, I will post the pics here :)

Ttc- I had a scan a week ago showing fetal pole with a heartbeat of 109 and measuring perfectly on track. My next one won't be until May 18th with puts me at about 12 weeks if I remember right. Can't wait!! My ObGyn wasn't going to schedule another until 20 weeks, but I said I won't make it that long and they said ok let's do one at 12. I thought that was nice that they had no problem with that. I haven't decided if I will do the NT scan then. Is anyone here doing it?

I'm having the test done at 12 weeks my scan is on the 3rd may.

I woke up to some bleeding this morning. It's pretty light and mostly brown, but there was some light pink initially. Ugh. Called my OB, but he won't see me until tomorrow. He said to just relax and take it easy today, easier said then done.

LittleLala that's so exciting for your little boy! I bet he was pretty happy about chocolate for breakfast!

Just remember brown blood is old blood, relax until tomorrow, I no how worrying it is. Xxx

karoolia, yeah, brown isn't as troubling...good luck. It's always unnerving.

Oh that sucks about your spotting. Fingers crossed everything is fine x

Here was my announcement. I had it as two seperate pics but they said the files were too large so I've just put it together as one smaller photo to show you :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 7
Ah that's lovely littlelala!!!

Karoolia how's the spotting this morning?

Scan tomorrow dreading it.

Ohhh I have a good feeling about your scan ricschick. Good luck!!!

LittleLala that is adorable! Great announcement idea!

Good luck with the scan ricschick! I've got my fingers crossed for you!

Thanks for the kind words ladies. I'm trying not to worry. Still having brown spotting today. I called to arrange an appointment for today (as the doctor told me to) and they told me there were no openings. The ob wasn't in yet so she said she would call me back after talking to him. I'm feeling kind of frustrated, but trying to relax.

Poor you Karoolia! :( And on top of everything else going on. I hope you get some reassurance soon and the spotting stops. It's so scary isn't it?

Lillelala - nice announcement.

I'm 9 weeks today and we told parents in law and sister in law over the weekend. Only really because I look fat and wasn't prepared to even have a snifter of wine, which would be uncharacteristic for me, so we figured it was just easier to stop people speculating and tell them. And although it wasn't done as 'an announcement' so much as given as a piece of information, it's quite nice that they know now. And actually, they got our little boy up this morning so we could have a bit longer in bed as we were both exhausted last night and I looked (to me, any way) shocking!

Just waiting for 'the next step' all the time. Having had an early scan and my midwife appointment, 'the next step' is receiving a letter with my scan date, which should happen in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks sizzles. It had definitely been a rough few days. I'm getting some blood work done and a rhogam shot this afternoon. I have to wait until Thursday for my scan. The spotting seems to have stopped, but it's hard to tell. It's only there sometimes and never much. Still scary though!

It does feel good to tell someone doesn't it? We haven't told anyone yet because we are waiting for a scan. However, I was so upset over our cat that I ended up chatting with a friend and telling her everything. Turns out she is also 9 weeks pregnant. Our due dates are just days apart. Now we have been talking openly to each other about it, which has been very nice. We have a lot of friends in common, but haven't told any of them so it's kind of nice for us to be able to share now.

Wookie- I will also be doing my scan may 3. I made them push it back because I have to work the days they wanted and my job doesn't allow me to be late and my scans usually take 45 min from the time I get in the room to the time I leave. They scan for 20-25 minutes depending on who does it and how many pictures they print me. I can't wait to see our little gummy bear moving and looking more baby like.

Littlelala- very cute announcement. I was looking at pinterest the other ideas but couldn't find any ideas to tell our extended family but definitely some cute ones on there too. You're very creative. Handsome young man too.

Sooo this month through June 4 I feel super stressed. So our current daycare sold and now my son can't go there anymore and I can't find one I like so no daycare come June 3rd.. ugh. We have family so we are going to try to wing it (hmm this stress should be fun). Then this weekend my mom's whole family are coming to our house for the afternoon and dinner. During this visit we will tell my grandparents that they are going to be great grandparents again. Trying to find a cute but obvious announcement. We have water glasses with our sons 1 yr photos on it so thought we would give them those and tell them that come November they will be outdated and due to a new arrival. Need better wording. May 21 we are having a party for my husband's 30th, his father's 60th and grandmother's 90th birthdays and then announcing we will continue the family tradition of having a new baby every 30 years. Any ideas lady? Ps the party will be more than 50 people - adults and kids. Then another party June 4th for my dad's retirement. Party central over here.

Future, I got my idea from Pinterest so I'm not clever at all, just a copy cat :haha:
How stressful with the daycare!!! I hope everything works out.
It's so lovely that your grandparents are still around to be great grandparents :)
I like the drinking glass idea. I will have a think of other ideas too if you like.
Announcing is so exciting!

Cute announcement Lala! Our boys are only 4 months :)

Karoolia - I hope the spotting disappears. I seriously check the tp EVERY time I wipe. Thankfully I haven't had any since week 5. It's so nerve wracking.

Rickschick - good luck tomorrow!!

Afm, in 25h my parents will e here. Yay!! They live in Germany where I'm from and we live in the US. So we don't get to see them that often. I'm very excited to say the least.

Lala - 4 months apart, is what I meant to say ;)

Anyone else excited to start showing? I know it'll be a while but I loved having a baby bump last time :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->