Thankful (for a baby) in November 2017

Thank you so much wookie that really makes me feel better!! I'm nervous for Tuesday but il be glad when it's here!!! Xxx

Thanks i'm feeling nauseous all day which is a fabulous symptom, it's tiring but I'm thrilled :haha:

We don't get genetic testing here in Ireland. It's another disservice to the women here, but i'm blue in the face complaining about the terrible way we are treated. We can request this Harmony test thing privately but honestly I won't be doing it. I can't imagine I would take any action as a result of getting it done so there's no point in me creating more stress. I just need the heart to keep beating at this point in time. Anything else can be dealt with.

Ricschick i think of you often, it sounds very plausible that you have cervical erosion to be honest, seeing as your hormones are consistently high. I know a number of people who bled a lot and were just fine. It's just scary isn't it. We could do without those types of improvisations by mother nature.

Thank you calcifer! It's just so stressful always thinking about it! It's been the longest 2 weeks of my life!!

I am also of "advanced maternal age", as I turn 39 in July.

Ooh! Me too Wookie! And I see our children will be similar ages as you're a couple of days ahead of me and my son is a couple of months older than your ... (can't see if it was a boy or a girl now that I'm replying!)

Sent off my form for free prescriptions and dental treatment today. Yay!

I actually did a little video to announce my pregnancy - if you want to stalk my facebook profile (https://www.facebook.com/ownbey), it's a couple items down on my timeline, should be easy to find, I just posted it yesterday night. :)

And here's the photo I am currently using as my cover photo!

Attachments

• 17880134_10101148679105064_5745021653965837135_o.jpg
    17880134_10101148679105064_5745021653965837135_o.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 10
Does anyone on here have a doppler? I sold my old one, but managed to get one today for a tenner, thought I would quickly have a go, not expecting anything and 99% sure I just heard baby!!! Quite quiet, doppler didn't register it but only 8 ish weeks :) xxx

I actually did a little video to announce my pregnancy - if you want to stalk my facebook profile (https://www.facebook.com/ownbey), it's a couple items down on my timeline, should be easy to find, I just posted it yesterday night. :)

And here's the photo I am currently using as my cover photo!

That's so cute! Going to stalk for video now ❤

Enauerhaus lovely really original!!

Ksilme yes I've just bought one but haven't found baby yet. Great if you have!!!

Ebauerhaus - your video is so so cute :) fab announcement x

ttc126, ricschick, ksilme,

Thanks, you guys! My husband and I work in a coffee shop, thus the little bit of a coffee theme going on there. :)

I've considered getting a doppler but haven't convinced myself yet that it would be the best choice for my mental health. I think I'm far enough along, though, that it should be relatively easy to find baby... I don't know, though!

I may look around for one while I'm out of town this weekend!

Sizzle- thank you for your reply. I was also very curious and did what every crazy pregnant lady does and got on dr. Google asap. :) thank goodness I am already 8 weeks. The Dr told me to continue my suppositories three times a day but again I am a crazy lady and increased them to 4 times a day.

Genetic testing- ok let me be honest with ds I researched the genetic testing and decided to do it so I could be better prepared if their was an abnormality but now they say there is a more accurate test. I have yet to research it or the cost, but have again choose to do it no matter what. Anyone know what the new one is that just uses blood?

Is the blood genetic test the harmony test?
I am still tempted to decline the screeneing part of the 12 week scan again, didnt have it with my 2 girls. I know i wouldn't do anything if it came back as something wrong, so it would just be extra worry. My mum was told that my youngest sis was 1/30 chance of downs, she stressed all the way through the pregnancy and birth. A girl i know, her daughter has downs, her heart is on the wrong side of her body and was back to front and upside down, amongst other problems, she was told to terminate but didnt and the little girl is amazing, so brave and outgoing and you wouldn't think there was anything out of the ordinary at 3 years old!!

On another note, prams? I am going to need a double as my 17 month old is no where near walking everywhere yet! My 3 year old still gets tired and stands on the buggy sometimes. So i am hoping to get a bugaboo donkey. Had a loom yesterday, £1239 new!!!!! Without any extras!!!! I have the opportunity to buy one in good condition, 4 miles away, with the extendable hoods, and footmuffs all for £500, hubby said to just do it!
Would you say that is a bargain? And maybe a bit early? Would use in single mode for daughter til november, and in double for the 3 year old on big days out :) and then in mono mode again til baby is 2-3, so would get alot of use!! Phoebe needs a new buggy really anyway, the frame of her oyster is a bit iffy!
I have never even considered spending that money on a pram before but it really is perfect. X

https://youtu.be/ok6BhhMvjMA

Also, this is a video (unlisted so no one else can see it) I got last night, pretty sure I found baby :) still can't believe it as only 8 weeks today. Have to listen *behind* the static, if that makes sense x

Kilsme- That was definitely the baby's heartbeat! Wow! I tried it at 8w5d the other night, and couldn't find it...but I have a retroverted uterus, and it may be much harder for me to find for several more weeks. I wish I could, though...it would be reassuring.

EBAUERHAUS- Cute!

FutureBabyG- The non-invasive blood screenings include MaterniT21, Harmony, Verify, among a few others. They are highly accurate, and don't present the risks to the baby that amnio presents. I will be having the MaterniT21 done on May 3rd, due to my age...I've had it done before. It takes about a week or a week in a half to get the phone call with the test results, and you're able to find out the gender immediately, since it's based on DNA - it won't be wrong for that purpose, and all of the screenings are over 99% accurate for the abnormalities they test for.

AFM- I've been so very, very sick. I was up all night the other night, completely ill. I didn't go into work yesterday, as I needed to sleep, and I was basically paralyzed with exhaustion. I felt pretty bad during my last pregnancy, and it lasted until I was 22 weeks...but it's worse this time, and I'm hoping it fizzles out much earlier than 22 weeks...13 more weeks of this type of sickness sounds like living hell on Earth, quite frankly. I have to go shopping for our Easter dinner tonight, and I'm praying for the energy after work to be able to pull it off. I'm still thinking this one is going to be a boy...we're going to remain on team green, but I'm fairly certain it's another blue bump.

Ksilme ahh lovely I wish I could find mine lol. And go for the pram sounds good!!!

Wookie I hope you feel better if not go to the docs and get something prescribed xx

On the genetic testing, I don't think we will do it. No matter what the result, I don't think I would terminate this pregnancy. It would just mean I would be stressed about it for the whole pregnancy. Or I would be given the impression the everything is perfect. Our DS was born with a left arm that is shorter, has a fused elbow and a smaller left hand. He does great with it and besides having a hard time standing up without holding on to anything he doesn't seem to have any limitations right now. That doesn't mean it wasn't a shock and traumatizing when we found out at 19 weeks AF his anatomy scan. No one could say at that time that something else wasn't wrong. We did genetic testing for a few things they were suspecting once he was born and no gene mutations were found. So my point is, had I done the genetic testing while pregnant it would have shown everything was fine even though it wasn't. I don't want to scare anyone, because he really is a very healthy boy except for his arm not having formed properly. Just to me it feels like it may give a false sense of security. I don't know, I'm still going to ask what it costs. Does anyone have experience with it? Like does it give you percentages of the likelyhood of the baby having this or that or does it say, the baby 100% does or does not have this or that?

Mom15, from what I understand it's 99% accurate to tell you if there are certain chromosomal issues.
It won't change anything for me, but after so many losses my doctors suggested it because if I lose this one it may give an idea of what went wrong.

ttc - it's great that science is where it is today and if I were in your position I would probably do the same as I would want to do everything I can to find out what may have gone wrong before. I hope with all my heart this is your rainbow baby! I think what we both said shows that the same test can have a very different meaning or effect for each one of us. So like with so many things there is no right or wrong, it's simply a personal choice :). Will you have a scan coming up around the 12 week mark?

Thank you! I hope it's a keeper baby too ❤
I had a scan yesterday that went perfectly and my next will be in about 2 1/2 weeks at 13+1!
How about you? When will you have a scan?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->