Thankful (for a baby) in November 2017

No we are team yellow! We aren't finding out!! I'm 13+3, ticker is accurate!!

I can't remember who asked about being due November 15th, but I am! HOWEVER...since I have a thin uterus, and am considered high risk for rupture, baby will be taken by c-section in my 38th week, which will be more like the end of October. But I'd be happy to be your bump buddy, whoever you were! :rofl:

Pinkpassion!!! Beautiful scan pictures! Baby looks good. I wish I were good at the nub/skull theories, but unfortunately, I know nothing.

I am also getting my 12 week scan today (although I'm 11w5d today...I'll be 12 weeks on Friday), and I also get my MaterniT21 bloodwork done today also. I DESPISE blood tests, and this particular one uses A LOT of blood. Ugh. It better be quick and easy.

Oh, has anyone started doing any shopping for baby yet? I was kind of naughty, and I bought 2 crib sheets (they were just plain grey, and jersey cotton), 2 3-packs of plain white long-sleeved onesies with the built-in scratch mittens (A NECESSITY!!!!), and a baby bathtub. Unfortunately, I got rid of a lot of my old baby stuff back in January, as we thought we were done, and lo' and behold, then came February...and ooops!!! Oh well. It gives me an excuse to shop. <3

Oh, I may or may not have grabbed a 3-pack of Thirsties duo cloth diaper covers (for prefolds) also. :rofl:

Wookie excited about your ultrasound scheduled today. I had mine very early this morning. Yes I have bought a few things. My son is only 17 months so we have boy stuff but I don't have any girl things, so here and there as things are on sale I pick up outfits and such. My dh is just as bad.

Afm-Everything was good on ultrasound. Baby measured 11+1 which is right on. Hr 167. Very active but so was the lady with the probe. I don't know anything about sonogram machines but she was so zoomed in it was hard to see the whole baby on the screen in one shot. It was either head or torso with arms and legs. this baby already looks extremely long legs but like I said I don't know anything. I asked the lady for pictures but she only gave me 1 :( I did the M21T test today too. They said 5-7 days but give them up to 2 weeks. Let the praying everything is healthy begin.

I know - I'm actually more nervous about my MaterniT21 results than anything. I'm trying to remember if I was this worried with my son's results when I was 36...I probably was, but I don't know.

I'm starting to feel baby a bit lightly here and there too, which is reassuring and weird, at the same time. I guess it's been nearly 3 years since I've felt this, so it feels kind of foreign again to me.

Wookie, that's great you bought a few things &#10084;
Future glad your scan went so well!!!!
I've got my NT scan later today! Also doing the genetic blood test I think! Will update this evening!

Ttc126- Yay for scans those are my favorite times.

Wookie- yes the blood test makes me very nervous too. I think moms at any age that choose to do the test worry about the results and hope for the healthy baby. Can't wait to hear about your scan

I had my consultant's appointment today. It had a happy outcome, resulting in a slightly impromtu scan, where I got to seem my little jumping bean! But my toddler and I spent 2 hours at the hospital in total, saw several healthcare professionals, spent a lot of time in waiting rooms and he was tired and cranky (having had a busy day and missed naptime as a result of my appointment) and bored - leading to small misbehaviours - leading to a stressed mummy! Any way, all is well and my fears for finding a missed miscarriage were quashed. They even gave me a little grainy pic of our baby! A week tomorrow is my dating scan so I'll get 'proper' pics and another peek at bubs.

So Sizzles, how far along are you? Sorry if I missed that.

Scan was great! Baby is actually measuring 12w on the dot, instead of 11w3d...so 3 days ahead roughly. Wriggling all over, with a hb of 166 bpm.

The Maternit21 test was a bit rough, as I have horrible veins, and they ended up taking a TON of blood...there was some other panel they needed blood for also, so I believe it turned out to be around 9 vials or so. It sucked. I thought they were going to drain my whole body, seriously. Ugh.

Oh, and they ended up doing an internal exam (which I also hate), to check my cervix, and uterus, etc. So, that was a rather unexpected and annoying bonus to the appointment, but oh well, it was fine, and I certainly survived.

We told our daughter tonight, who is 4. She is so excited!!! She is, however, convinced that she's going to be getting a little sister. I told her that I think she might be getting another brother. At least one of us is right, so there's that. :rofl: I attempted to tell her little brother, who is 2 1/2, and he basically ran the other way yelling "Nooooo!!!!!!!!"...so he's not ready for the news, apparently. :rofl: He already acts like a middle child, so I think he'll be okay. LOL!

How do you know if you're getting the maternit21 test or the old fashioned one?!

So Sizzles, how far along are you? Sorry if I missed that.

11+3 today Wookie. I'll have my 'proper' scan at 12+3 - next Thursday.
Great that your little girl was so excited. We probably won't tell our son until MUCH later - definitely not until after a 20 week scan and possibly not even then as the time goes so slowly for littlies.

Hey Wookie my DD is 15th November I have my scan tomorrow morning. I have to have my cervix checked after having a lletz procedure late last year.

I am telling my 2 lil ones tomorrow night my 2 older boys know already cause I've been so sick they kinda guessed. I am also feeling tonnes of movement very VERY strong kick like movements it's mind blowing being so early but modwife says it's very common for woman who have had multiple pregnancies I have been pregnant 11 times this being the 11th and I have 4 healthy boys. Crazy.

I too have been told I am due 15th November BT will probably come 36/37 weeks due to the procedure I had on my cervix last year we are quite similar with every thing so far. I would love to be your bump buddy sweetie. Xx

Wookie- Glad your bloodwork is done and notes you can relax. Congrats on baby's growth.

Sizzle- I too missed your scare. Sorry you had to go through that. Glad you had a positive outcome. Congrats on your upcoming scan.

Justmeinlove- the geno. Test M21T only takes blood. The other one does a ultrasound and blood. You can ask your doctor if you're unsure.

Love all the positivity.

Got my MaterniT21 results, and they were negative. Phew! Such a relief. Now, onto the quad screening at 16 weeks.

Wookie are you team yellow? Or did they give you gender with maternit21?

Had my 12 week scan yesterday, baby is a naughty little thing!!!! Lol Had to be scanned twice, the first time, she was shaking my belly so much to try and get baby to move into the right position! Didn't work so, I had to lift bum up and slam it back onto bed 5 times to wake baby up!!! Didn't work so had to jump up and down 10 times, then turned completely the wrong way!! So jumped another 5 times, no luck, so went to have bloods done. Then rescanned and baby was doing a bloody headstand!!!!!! Eventually we got what we needed though :)
Nuchal was 1.7mm so that's good, bloods done for the rest of the screening :)
These are the 2 pics I got, I was trying to watch out for the nub but couldn't figure anything out from watching on screen! Any ideas from the pics? Xx

Attachments

• 20170510_202802.jpg
    20170510_202802.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 20170510_202848.jpg
    20170510_202848.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 2
Yes, we're going to stay on team green with this baby. I have a feeling it's a boy, but we're going to wait for my planned c-section in November. With the MaterniT21, you can opt to find out the gender, but we declined finding out this time. I had that test done with my second baby, and knew we were having a boy by around 11.5 weeks...it was great, and it really helped us prepare for our son!

Kilsme, that's kind of funny about baby not cooperating...I'm trying to imagine a pregnant woman jumping up and down to position the baby for a scan! :rofl: I'm sure that was interesting! Great scan, btw...and as far as gender guesses, I'm not sure...

Wookie, we are team green (yellow?) too!! It was great last time.

Hahaha ksilme, so funny all that jumping around you had to do :haha: lovely pics!!

I can my scan in Monday. I'm 13 weeks today :) yay! Also I heard the heartbeat on my Doppler yesterday, it was so reassuring :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->