Thankful (for a baby) in November 2017

Hey ladies, I finally feel confident enough to join this thread! I've previously had an ectopic, 2 MMC and a MC, so I've been holding off really posting. I had my 12 week scan on Tuesday, everything looked amazing, and baby was very active! I have been feeling movement for about a week, but it was crazy to see the baby moving and being able to feel it so early.

I've been suffering with HG in this pregnancy too, but luckily my doctor has been amazing and managed it brilliantly. I still have bad days, but it's bearable Co pared to what I went through with my daughter.

I'm finally allowing myself to get excited about the baby, roll on 19th November! :D

Hi Vickie! I'm having a rainbow baby after several losses too! Congrats on making it to 12+ weeks! ❤
Glad for the good scans and test results!

Scan today was great! My due date has been brought forward a couple of days, so I'm 12+5 today and due 18th November. :happydance:
I forgot to ask about beats per minute, so I don't know that, and they won't give NT measurement, so I'll have to wait for the report to come through; they'll phone within 7 working days if we come back as high risk for anything, otherwise we'll receive a letter within 3 weeks - hopefully it'll be the latter.
Couldn't really see the nub, but I might post a couple of pics (when I can figure out how our scanner works!) soon, to see if any of our resident 'experts' can see anything!

Welcome Vicki! I also felt the baby move early, around 10/11 weeks I started to get the floppy fish feeling and today I'm pretty sure i felt an actual instead of just flopping around. That's when it really gets real for me!

Thanks the closest we got to a nub, anyone here have any guesses? Xx

Kslime , if be surprised if your baby isn't a boy!!!

I put the pic on strictly nub theory and got told it wasn't imaged fully and no guesses etc, but have had 7 or 8 other people guess and they have all said boy :) :) I have felt boy since I found out :) I even bought some boy clothes at the car boot the other day, boy name is picked out but don't like any girl names. If they tell us girl, I am gonna be so shocked!!! Lol

Ksilme- congrats on your scan. I love the pictures you got. Sorry I don't know the nub theory so I would probably guess wrong.

Wookie- congrats on your M21T results negative. We got our back a few days ago too. They called at 7am on my day off so I answered the phone in a daze. It's so nice to have those results. Little piece of mind.

Sizzles- congrats on your scan. Your due right before me.

Vicki- congrats on your scan. I am glad everything looks good. Rainbow babies get a little bit extra love and patience. Good luck to you.

Afm. 12 week appointment went ok. MD was a little on the short side. We discussed my prior labor and things I wanted to do differently as long as it was safe for baby. She tried to call me a liar about my labor but I informed her I was a nurse and was documenting everything so I had it all written down and so she backed down then. Oh well my baby was delivered safely and I have him now, on to this baby.

Hello again, ladies!

I've been reading posts in this thread and wanted to respond several times, but I am feeling icky and didn't want to ruin the mood. As somebody else said, it's like I don't want to "admit" I am pregnant, I am just waiting for the days to pass until my next appointment and scan. In the meantime, everything I eat makes me nauseous and gives me acid reflux and a bad taste in my mouth, I am bloated and constipated and generally in a bad mood. And, of course, I have morning sickness almost every morning!

I had my last scan about three weeks ago (at 9 weeks + 3 days), and everything seemed fine, except for a small separation of the sac from the uterine wall (it's about 1 cm/0.4 cm). No blood on toilet paper or anything, I found out during the scan. My doctor didn't seem too worried, she just told me to 'take it easy' and take a progesterone supplement once per day. I am more worried than her, of course, especially since taking it easy when you have a toddler is really difficult...

My next scan is more than 10 days away, on May 26th (12 weeks + 6 days), I don't know what I'll do until then. I am having what we call a "double test", which is the risk assessment screening for chromosomal abnormalities. This is the standard screening here (in Romania). I can get a genetic screening (Panorama or Harmony I think), but I don't know if I will, maybe I'll ask my doctor for more info about this. I see a lot of people getting genetic screening, is that a common practice?

I love all the 12 week scans around, they remind me of the time I was pregnant with my daughter. The 12 week scan was so much fun, she was so small, so she had lots of room to move around and we could see the whole of her. I have a video recording of it and it's awesome, she was leaping around in my uterus and being very very active, and I remember being amazed that I could feel NOTHING at all!

Anyway, that's my update, I guess I just have to hang in there and hope for the best for another two weeks... ugh!

I got the rest of my pics in, so anyone want to take a guess at nub , feel free!!

Attachments

• baby3.jpg
    baby3.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 5
  • baby3-2.jpg
    baby3-2.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 6
  • baby3-3.jpg
    baby3-3.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 5
Hi all just to say I'm still here too, had a small scan at 12 weeks but no pictures for nub boohoo. Am stopping progesterone so am v nervous but have hit 12 weeks so all should be fine with placenta.

Am stopping progesterone so am v nervous but have hit 12 weeks so all should be fine with placenta.

I'm sure it will be fine! Fingers crossed just in case!

I hope that when I stop progesterone some of my symptoms will get milder, let me know if that happens for you.

Oh ladies....I must be the anomaly but my symptoms have been WORSE since stopping progesterone! I weaned down slowly and was totally off by 13 weeks. My morning sickness has been so much worse :cry:

Calcifer, I was worried about the effects of stopping progesterone. I had a scan at 8+1 (before I'd stopped) and everything was fine, but I worried that things would turn bad after I stopped. I had a scan at 11+2 and saw a heartbeat, then my scan yesterday at 12+3 (adjusted to 12+5) and was relieved that bubs was still doing it's thing in there. I think I'm safe as far as prog is concerned. Now just have to wait for screening results to come back. Slightly annoyed that they wouldn't tell me the NT measurement this time, as with my son I was told it was 1.1 on the day. I really hope I don't need to read anything into this...

I have about a week and half more on the progesterone, but I've been weaned down to just one suppository a night for the past couple of weeks. Kilsme, I stand firm on that girl nub guess...the nub seems to run parallel to the bottom curve of the spine, which is consistent with girls. But, I've been wrong before! I'm just thinking this is a :pink: bump for you!

Anyone doing the quad screen around 16 weeks to check for spina bifida and other neural tube defects? That one's next on the agenda.

Wookie, you're the first to say girl lol, I cannot wait to find out :)

So I stopped cold turkey on Thursday night and Friday was by far the worst day in terms of sickness and today is lining up to be like that... just constant nausea from the moment I wake.... is that normal?? :shrug:

Was told to cold turkey and not to wean. Will have a scan on Tuesday anyway to see where I'm at. But I think it's fine, the progesterone was just a precaution anyway i didn't really need it and i saw the placenta well formed on the last scan so i'm not overly worried. Delighted to be finished with that horrible gel!

Calcifer, I was worried about the effects of stopping progesterone. I had a scan at 8+1 (before I'd stopped) and everything was fine, but I worried that things would turn bad after I stopped. I had a scan at 11+2 and saw a heartbeat, then my scan yesterday at 12+3 (adjusted to 12+5) and was relieved that bubs was still doing it's thing in there. I think I'm safe as far as prog is concerned. Now just have to wait for screening results to come back. Slightly annoyed that they wouldn't tell me the NT measurement this time, as with my son I was told it was 1.1 on the day. I really hope I don't need to read anything into this...

I'm sure it's nothing to worry about and probably an oversight! I wasn't told the measurement on any scan, just what it corresponds to dates wise. Every time it was exactly the right date based on my ovulation.

So I stopped cold turkey on Thursday night and Friday was by far the worst day in terms of sickness and today is lining up to be like that... just constant nausea from the moment I wake.... is that normal?? :shrug:

Was told to cold turkey and not to wean. Will have a scan on Tuesday anyway to see where I'm at. But I think it's fine, the progesterone was just a precaution anyway i didn't really need it and i saw the placenta well formed on the last scan so i'm not overly worried. Delighted to be finished with that horrible gel!

That's exactly how I've been! I do not understand how stopping has made me more sick! I was told cold turkey too but I weaned because I coped better with weaning mental-health wise. I've been so sick ever since stopping.

Hey everyone! Happy to see everyone is doing well. I am counting down the days til my scan on Thursday. I will be 11 weeks 6 days! I have the opposite problem that I have felt almost too normal. Although I'm constipated (yay) and I started showing which was so relieving to see. Really it's just my fibroid that's making me look more pregnant than I am but hat means my uterus has been growing and pushing it up. I can't shake this feeling that something is wrong with the baby, but I guess that's probably a common worry. Fingers crossed we all get happy and healthy babies!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->