Thankful (for a baby) in November 2017

Hi ladies! Just checking in. My ds went to daycare last week after being home for 2 weeks and he got a hug sinus cold and passed it on to us. Oh the joys of having kids with germs. Good news is we were able to find babies Hb with the doppler the other night. Baby was a lot higher than I thought. I am definitely looking pregnant. My mother reminds me every day she sees me. We won't be announcing to family until May 21st.

Ricschick I'm so sorry to read that. You were in my thoughts today. I hope you mind yourself now and that you'll be back on this board soon.

I found out my TPO antibodies are slightly elevated yesterday despite my thyroid function tests being 'perfect' for pregnancy. Now worrying about antibodies attacking baby... it never stops, the worry does it...

So sorry to hear that news Ricschick. I'm sure the coming weeks will be a rollercoaster of emotions; just remember that there's no right or wrong way to feel or deal with this - just go with what you need to do. x

Ricschick - I'm so sorry!! I hope you can find the time to recover!

Ricschick, I'm so sorry for your loss. :hugs: Please, take the time to grieve, and cope in your own way, and know that everything you're feeling is completely normal. Take care.

Well, I'm 11 weeks tomorrow, and the sickness is finally starting to calm down. I still find myself randomly nauseous and gagging throughout the day, but at least I'm functioning better overall. I still can't find baby with the doppler, but with my retroverted uterus, it's going to be tougher. I just hope everything is okay in there...there has been such a gap between when I saw baby last with a heartbeat (at 7 weeks), and next Wednesday (the 3rd of May), that I hope nothing bad has happened in the meantime. I'm feeling quite paranoid lately, I guess. If everything is fine at my scan, I'll be getting my blood done for the MaterniT21, so that will also give me some idea if baby is looking healthy, and developing normally, etc.

For some reason my sickness is getting worse it seems.... I can't decide if it's because I had a few good days so it seems worse? Or if it's really worse!

So sorry ricschick 🙁

Ttc126 I've been feeling worse the last few days too - haven't felt too bad today, though. Maybe yours is about to ease up? I read somewhere about it peaking around the placenta taking over for 7 days or so and then supposedly getting better...

heychrissie I hope you're right! With my boys I had horrible sickness (mild hg) the entire time. This one has been much much easier but I just hope it's not starting up worse now!

For some reason my sickness is getting worse it seems.... I can't decide if it's because I had a few good days so it seems worse? Or if it's really worse!

I had my worst morning sickness day on 12 + 2. I hadn't thrown up at all until week 9 and since then... ugh. It's nasty, but I hope after my super-sick-all-day-and-unable-to-keep-anything-down moment that everything is going to get better.
"They" keep telling me it will.

Very sorry for your loss ricschick. Sending you the strength to get through this tough time x

Had my scan today, all seems good. Been put back 3 days which I was expecting! Looks like we have another wriggly baby..😌

Ugh, I binged on my kids' Easter candy last night...I ate an OBSCENE amount of candy, and I ended up making myself sick. I now just have a headache, and I'm drinking water, and trying to basically sugar detox. That was really stupid of me, guys. Totally paying the piper this morning.

I can binge on sugar too! Had some brown spotting today. Ugh hate it. I put together an Ikea cabinet all day yesterday and with all the crouching and bending over, I could "feel" my uterus. Meaning it feels like physically there is something there now. I started showing this week. I hope it dies down again. Stupid me got curious in the shower and I checked what's going on down there. My cervix felt a bit open. Then I got mad, cause all it did was make me worry more and I felt really guilty about the possibility of introducing germs. Not doing that again!!

Off topic, but does anyone know how I can get rid of the annoying pop up for 'Now TV' (or something like that) - an ad for a kids channel, with Peppa Pig on it. It comes up periodically right in the middle of the screen and I can't navigate posts around it. The only way I get round it is to refresh the page, but sometimes it comes back again and again. Anyone else have this?

So I'm thinking now from everyone's experiences that sickness or lack or nausea in pregnancy doesn't mean a girl or a boy. Totally pot luck :)

I've been feeling more nauseous this past week. I had my scan Thursday and it was lovely. Saw them moving couldnt believe they move this early! Saw arms and legs and even noses! Lovely heartbeats too one was 180 bpm and the other 175bpm. I'm in love already.

Sizzles that kept happening to me over easter with a supermarkets advert popping up taking over the whole screen. I just had to keep refreshing.

I can believe this thing about morning sickness getting suddenly worse again. I have been feeling almost normal thus week then Bam! today I have been so broken :( Hope it wears off quickly!

I still get really nauseous upon waking up...I feel pretty terrible right now. Fortunately, once I eat something, I'll begin to feel semi-human, but I'm still so extremely fatigued all of the time. One of my biggest issues during all stages of pregnancy is insomnia. I really don't sleep at night while I'm pregnant, and that's ultimately what makes me so tired all of the time.

We still haven't told either side of our parents...we MAY tell my DH's family today, and mine later in the week, after my scan on Wednesday. Everyone will be shocked, I'm sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->