Thankful (for a baby) in November 2017

Mom15 I'm so sorry to hear this. Big hugs. My thoughts and prayers are with you ❤️

Mom15, big hugs, i'm sorry to hear that.

Littlelala, my thoughts are with you. I was terrified of those tests so you have my complete sympathy. I hope the follow up tests are reassuring.

Oh Mom15 that's awful news i'm so sorry to hear this :( I know it's no consolation but i had two miscarriages just before this pregnancy so there is hope for very good news very shortly. Lots of hugs and courage for this particular part. :hugs:

Thank you justme! And thank you calcifer, I know there is no garantee but you story gives me a lot of hope!

Massive hugs to you Mom15 :hugs:

I had 3 back-to-back miscarriages before I got pregnant with this little one, so it is very possible that your next one will ok. Be kind to yourself and rest as much as you need to <3

Thank you Vicki! You guys are giving me a lot of hope!
Please let me know if this is the wrong plan to ask, but does anyone have experience with Misoprostol to start the MC? I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable or upset so please let me know if I should post somewhere else!
Just feel closer to you guys than posting where I haven't talked to anyone.

So sorry to read your news Mom15. Sorry, I can't help with your question; I hope you find answers.

Mom15, I had a chemical and three miscarriages before this baby. There's definitely hope &#10084;
About the miso I just wanted to say my ob doesn't like to use it. She preferred I had a d&c for the one I lost about 8 weeks.... just know you can take your time and decide what's best &#10084;

Period-type cramping (mostly left sided) since last night: all evening, through the night, though I was only aware of it when I woke, and all day so far. Normal, right? 14 weeks today.

Is anybody in maternity clothing yet? I tried on a new dress a couple of nights back, expecting it to look a bit daft, but it fitted quite nicely, so I might embrace the bump next week and start mixing some mat clothes in with regular stuff.

Mom15- sorry to hear your news. I am sorry I don't know anything about that medication. I had early miscarriages and an ectopic before my ds was conceived through iui. Now we are expecting nautrally. You can do this. Take your time (I know when you're trying there is no time to waste)

Lala- you and your family are in my thoughts. I hope the future tests give you lots of information and clarity. We are here for you.

Thank you Future! Although I hate so many of you had to go through MC's, but it's so comforting to hear that you all have conceived again. Today I'm just so depressed. Time seems to be going backwards and if feels like it will be forever till I get to try again. And then all I can think about the what if's. That it'll happen again or I'll never conceive again. I know I am being irrational, but can't help it today.

Period-type cramping (mostly left sided) since last night: all evening, through the night, though I was only aware of it when I woke, and all day so far. Normal, right? 14 weeks today.

Is anybody in maternity clothing yet? I tried on a new dress a couple of nights back, expecting it to look a bit daft, but it fitted quite nicely, so I might embrace the bump next week and start mixing some mat clothes in with regular stuff.

Heh I've had no choice, literally nothing else fits - which feels a bit embarrassing for 14 weeks :-/

Oh Mom15 I'm so sorry. :hugs:
I don't know anything about that medication sorry, as they do d&c's for miscarriages where I am.
I will be thinking of you and hoping that you get another bfp soon :flower:

I went away on a four day getaway to a large cabin in the mountains with a close group of friends and just returned. It was exactly what I needed. It helped me take my mind off everything.

Mom15 I am so sorry to read your news :( massive hugs

I am also in maternity clothes as my normal trousers just do not fit anymore :/ I bought myself 2 new dresses the other day as they will stretch over bump lively :) wearing one now and you can def tell.

Attachments

• 20170521_164748.jpg
    20170521_164748.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 7
Mom15. I remember so many thoughts at night and even when I was pregnant with my son I thought I would never get to meet him. I was so scared of something taking his life or mine and never getting to be his mommy. I remember thinking I would never get to have my dh child or mine. In my soul I could not stand the thought of adopting and not getting to see our DNA put together to create a perfect little human. When I was in labor I could only think maybe I might. Then the fears of SIDS and everything else started once he's here. So no matter what or how you feel don't ever feel alone we are hear and have probably or will probably have the same thoughts at one point in time.

But I now have a 1.5 year old boy thrashing around on my lap and a bean in my belly. You can do this, I know you can.

Future - you are speaking from my heart. I love looking at my son and see a combination of DH and I. And yes when I get to be pregnant again I will not stop worrying. Like every minute of the day. But I have also learnt to trust my intuition. At 8 weeks 2 days I sent a text to my friend literally saying: "Today I don't feel pregnant anymore. I'm worried something is wrong". Now I know better than to ignore that.

Mom15, I'm sorry, as I only saw your news just now...I am so very, very sorry for your loss. I am another mom who had two miscarriages prior to having my first child. It's such a heartache, and I think unless one has gone through it, others can't comprehend the agony of pregnancy loss. Take care of yourself. I had one natural mc, and the other resulted in a D&C. Best wishes to you in the future. :hugs:

LittleLala- I also just saw your news as well...if you received a higher risk of Down's at your nuchal translucency scan/blood test, know that that particular test is well known to give false high readings, and many, many women go on to discover their babies do not in fact have Downs or another chromosomal abnormality. It's a shame you can't just have one of the blood screenings, such as MaterniT21, Harmony, or Verify...those are FAR more accurate, and often eradicate the need for amnio. Good luck to you. I have my fingers crossed that all will be well!

Mom15 - I used to be a member of this thread until my own miscarriage. I found out at 10 weeks that baby stopped growing at 8. That was April 21st. It has been a long few weeks for me. I'm so sorry you are going through the same thing. I know how much it hurts and wanted to offer some support since I know how much that has helped me.

As for the medication, my OB said he would give it to me if I wanted it, but he really doesn't like using it. He prefers natural or D&C. He told me the medication does not always work and when it does it is often an incomplete miscarriage and women end up coming in for a D&C anyway. I chose a D&C to get it over with and move on. I'm not sure if his experience is representative of everyone's, but he seemed very opposed to the medication.

As you walk through the coming weeks please remember that every feeling is normal, grief, anger, hope, etc. They may even cycle around. I also want to warn you that it can be difficult emotionally as your hormones go back to normal. You may feel crazy, you aren't, it's normal. I had days where I was very emotional and couldn't understand it at all. Turns out it was all related to declining hormone levels.

I'm hoping this process is as easy for you as it can be and that you are back in first tri as soon as possible with your rainbow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->