• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The **1+ and still not walking** thread

Because I posted on this thread a while back I just wanted to say Brian finaly decided he wanted to walk at just over 16 months (after months of standing and little else) qand now I cant get the little monkey to sit down :)
He has more then caught up and is running rings around me along with running around the field playing football.
All of a sudden he just decided nothing was stopping him and in the space of a few weeks he was as active and skilled at it as any other child that had been walking for months.
So it is very true that they will do it in their own time and it will be like nothing was ever amiss.
Now I just wish I could get him to sit back down or at least slow down a bit :)

Kelana is refusing to even try today...lol...oh well.

Big progress here!

Rebecca is now up to 10 unaided steps in a row. Yep - double figures!!

In the last 48 hrs she has also started to set off for things walking rather than crawling. She doesn't always get there without falling (at which point she crawls the rest of the way) but she is increasingly getting from A to B on two feet :happydance:

I don't know when the official status of walking can be given but at 19 months she's very nearly there. Hope everyone else is well.

I don't "technically" have a 1+ year old who isn't walking. But Luke was 18 months when he started walking. I'll never forget, because it was Christmas Eve. Jake will be 1 next Thursday and he isn't even crawling yet though. Both of my boys have/are in physical therapy because of the delay, but from what I hear it isn't uncommon for children to start walking as late as 18 months. I wouldn't worry. All children develop at their own pace. I am most definitely starting to realize that! :)

Big progress here!

Rebecca is now up to 10 unaided steps in a row. Yep - double figures!!

In the last 48 hrs she has also started to set off for things walking rather than crawling. She doesn't always get there without falling (at which point she crawls the rest of the way) but she is increasingly getting from A to B on two feet :happydance:

I don't know when the official status of walking can be given but at 19 months she's very nearly there. Hope everyone else is well.

That's what fynn is doing too or nearer seven steps than ten lol are they walkers? I would say not quite but sooooo nearly!!!

Ben is 14.5 months now and has just started taking 4/5 steps in a row! The first few times he did it he looked really unsure & worried but yesterday he was smiling and looking really pleased with himself! I am hoping as his confidence grows he'll soon be walking more and more!

I have been worried as most of my friends toddlers are walking properly already.

Yay to all the new walkers :) :)
Jacob is now kicking a football about and loving it! I guess it's true what they say about later walkers (22 months, so far the latest walker on this thread) being quicker at things once they start :) Down side is the stumbles and falls, he fell and bumped his wee head yesterday, nothing serious but it looked bad at the time as it came up in a big huge bright red bump but it's practically gone today.

Ive not posted in this thread for a while but yay to all the new walkers!! :dance:

I wish I had discovered this thread a couple of months ago as every baby we knew seemed to be walking and most were younger than my LO.

He seemed to be a late crawler amongst his friends as he didn't do that until just over 10 months. He did finally walk in the middle of July (he was just over 14 months) and now runs everywhere at speed-ploughing straight through the middle of anything in his way :lol:

Congratulations to Jacob! :happydance:

Turned round to see Grace standing playing with magnets on the fridge this morning... very exciting! She's getting stronger every day.

15 months still not walking but he is trying so im happy :) go charlie

13 months and not walking but with baby no2 on the way this may not be such a bad thing at the mo. She's desperate to walk though and is growing in confidence at walking and just holding onto one hand. I'm still getting used to the crawling thing though really as she didn't start til she was 11 months - lucky mummy used to be able to walk out of a room and when I came back in she'd be pretty much exactly where I left her, those were the days! ;-)

We had a physio appointment today and the physio was lovely and gave Grace a thorough checking over. She's certain there's nothing physically wrong with her ... it's more (as I thought) her stubboness and refusal to be helped! She's pulling up onto furniture lots and cruising more now... the problem still is that she refuses to hold my hands and stand or be helped to walk. The physio suggested putting something weighted (like a brick or bag of sand) in an old fashioned style walker trolley (which we have!) so that she might pull herself up and have a go with that. It's ready and waiting for when she wakes from her nap!

Oh oh that's fab!!!!! I want to pinch the idea for Sam do you mean like a flat tray with handle?

Like this https://m.tesco.com/mt/direct.tesco.com/q/R.205-2699.aspx

Yep that's the one... we have one from the elc but it's just like that one. Now it's weighted down properly, it is stable enough to use to pull up on and doesn't roll too quickly, although it can still be pushed along. I think it's going to take her a while to 'catch on' but I'm feeling pretty hopeful.

glad there is no problem bluehorse i bet its a weight off your mind just to have it confirmed for you..... it gives us all hope and i am now off to buy one of them tray thingys and see if we have any look here:thumbup:

Having a real down day today about Maisy not walking i am feeling like a totally crap mum, i know i shouldn't let it get to me but people are so negative about it i feel like i am doing something wrong:cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->