the asprin thread

missmayhem

Mummy to 2 little cuties
Reaction score
is anybody on here taking asprin, i have just started, hoping it will help things along

No, but I'm interested to know what you take asprin for? lol

Yes, I am - just started it about a week or so ago- had my mc 3-4 weeks ago. I am taking 81mg a day. My reasoning? Well, I have 2 close friends who had multiple mc and their doc had them take it- they've both had a subsequent successful pregnancy and BOTH are preggo right now and doing well.. My thoughts on it is that I am not going to wait til I lose baby #3 or 4 to try it- it can't hurt at all and may help.

Here is an older link on Bnb about this:

https://www.babyandbump.com/trying-to-conceive/198673-baby-aspirin-just-thought-id-share.html

Here is another good link:

https://www.babyhopes.com/articles/what-is-baby-aspirin-and-how-is-it-related-to-fertility.html

You *could* even take it every other day if you wanted, just for a slight boost

I am on baby asprin - sadly because I've had fairly high BP from the start. To be honest it doesn't reduce my BP and when they prescribed it to me, I thought "oh no, hope it doesn't affect bubba" but was pleasantly surprised at the benefits of it when I came home and googled it.

I can't really take Asprin as I have had bleeding in my stomach previously :(

I wonder if there is an alternative?

I'm really interested in this but haven't actually gone out and bought any yet. I may try an every other day approach though. I don't have any real reason to take it other than (as Holly says) not wanting to wait until I've had 2 or 3 losses before trying it. I may well get some and start taking it this week. More research required!!!
:hugs::hugs:

Is it to stop the blood clotting problems in the placenta?

Is it to stop the blood clotting problems in the placenta?

It helps blood flow which can only be a positive thing! Definitely check out the links I posted above! :hugs:

I'm really interested in this but haven't actually gone out and bought any yet. I may try an every other day approach though. I don't have any real reason to take it other than (as Holly says) not wanting to wait until I've had 2 or 3 losses before trying it. I may well get some and start taking it this week. More research required!!!
:hugs::hugs:

Yeah, I am just afraid to lose ANY more and then be told "oh you should try baby aspirin" especially personally knowing 2 ladies were who advised to take it after recurrent miscarriages.

hello girls, glad to see i am not alone, i have had two definate MC's this year and one possible, i had positive IC's but never got round to testing with another brand......

i am taking baby asprin in the hope that it will stop any future loss.... getting pregnant isn't the problem however staying pregnant is

I am taking 75mg a day as suggested by Holly, I take it along with a prenatal vit, omega 3, folic acid, some honey and a gulp of grapefruit - all things suggested on various threads on this site. Im going with a try it all approach. Going to give soy a try once af arrives also!

oh bugger did or didn't i take my asprin this morning........

I am also taking aspirin, I don't have any problems with my blood as I have had tests to see but the consultant said to try it as it won't do any harm x

Im going to start taking it when i get my bfp!

Thing is ive read different things on when to stop taking it? when would you stop? 12 weeks? or longer x

Im going to start taking it when i get my bfp!

Thing is ive read different things on when to stop taking it? when would you stop? 12 weeks? or longer x

Why not take it before getting a BFP???

I used to take it everyday for 3 months and didnt get a bfp so i gave up!
Not sure wether to or not when i spoke to my doctor he said he didnt really recommend it :nope:

Yep, my doctor prescribed low-dose aspirin for me just in case, to take daily even before BFP. I seriously hope it works too! Anything that might help is good.

I am in as well.. Going to Wally mart on my lunch going to pick up.
: ) Thanks.

I am assuming this will help with just having D/C which is very invasive on uterus. I do have late miscarriages though... I wonder if this would still be beneficial for late miscarriage?? Altough it does not hurt to try... i like Hollys opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->