the asprin thread

well, i am just back from my enternal scan so we shall see what that flags up, he did say it all looked ok thou

kept asking repeatedly the last date of my period..... dunno what that is all about!

i just hope the asprin helps when i get my next BFP

I Hope it helps too for me as I just started it a couple of weeks ago too. Having more blood flow to the uterus definitely can't be a bad thing!

I was reading these posts thinking that this sounds really positive and Im going to start on the baby aspirin, then I read some things that kind of warn against it. Why are things never straight foward. After one miscarriage I am terrified of suffering another

Well ladies after stalking this post and googling asprin I have started taking it spoke to one of the docs at work and he agreed that it will do more good than harm. He advised 75mg tablets so thats what I got. I will try anything at the mo. x

I was reading these posts thinking that this sounds really positive and Im going to start on the baby aspirin, then I read some things that kind of warn against it. Why are things never straight foward. After one miscarriage I am terrified of suffering another

I'm sure some of what you're reading is about regular aspirin- a lot of the ones that I read that were questionable were not about baby aspirin- regular can be dangerous because it's a high dose. Ultimately though, I know what you mean. It's really a personal decision...

Hi, I maybe posted too soon without doing a google search. I came across lots of more good success stories about the baby aspirin. people saying that they had maybe suffered 6 miscarriages or so and then went onto have more than one successful pregnancy only after they started taking the aspirin. Its got to be more than coincidence. Im definetely going to give it a try, I definetely agree that theres more chance of it doing good than harm. Im glad I've read up on this, Im feeling a bit more positive already. It will be good to see how we all get on...in the near future hopefully x

Hi Everyone..!
Was in this forum until I got my BFP in Feb...as soon as that happened I started on 75mg aspirin a day until I went to see my dr - who was not sure it was a good thing. I was taking it for about 2 weeks after BFP then I stopped as I didn't want to go against dr#s advice until I heard further.....

Then I had a scan at 6w at EPAU- and lo and behold, they saw a hb and everything was progressing as it should. I asked my consulatant at EPAU about taking 75 mg aspirin daily - she said at the end of the day it was my choice, but there were no harmful side effects. In fact she said many eminient drs are prescribing it to women with recurrent mc and with me already having had one mmc - I just didn't want to take the risk. So since 6w scan have been taking 75 mg aspirin daily plus pre-natal vits.

I think the general advice from my consultant was to take it as soon as you get your BFP, I am not sure if taking before affects implantation etc - so maybe worth asking dr?

Anyway - I really hope this one sticks for me and I hope to see all of you very soon over in the PAL section.

xx

glaciergirl~ I am so glad things are going well for you! I appreciate your insight and it's always good to hear a positive story!

I've heard from 2 close friends that it helps with conception and for the pregnancy itself as well.. just make sure it's BABY aspirin here are some links that I found on it:

Baby Aspirin is known to suppress natural
killer cells in the uterus, so it is used
for those with immune problems.
Because Aspirin thins your blood,
it also improves blood flow to the ovaries,
improving follicle development,
and improves blood flow to the uterus,
improving the quality of the uterine lining.
This increases the odds that implantation will
be successful. Also, during pregnancy, it will help
prevent miscarriage or fetal demise in those
prone to blood clots. Having blood clots form in the
placenta and/or umbilical cord is the cause
of many of these pg losses.

(https://www.tryingtoconceive.com/howto.htm)

Here is another good link too:

https://www.babyhopes.com/articles/reasons-to-use-baby-aspirin-if-you-are-trying-to-conceive.html

i am so glad to see that i am not alone!!! after three miscarriages i don't think that i could face another to be honest!!! thats why i started on the asprin in the vain hope that it may help.

it has other health benefits to which is a plus

Hi... I had 2 m/c in march and april last year, doctors wouldn't help me until i lost anothet baby so i decided to start taking 75mg of aspirin every day. I could get pregnant easily but it wouldn't stick :-( a month after starting the aspirin i got my 3rd BFP that year and i was terrified i would lose this one too, i took the aspirin every day until 35 weeks, and on 10th feb this year i gave birth to my gorgeous little boy Oliver :)) me and OH honestly think that Ollie wouldn't be here without the aspirin. Just thought it might help to tell you my story. Good luck to all of you girls, hope u get your sticky BFP's soon!!!
Em xx

congrats on Olly!!!

i am the same i can get pregnant not a bloody problem, but staying pregnant is the issue which is why i am hoping the asprin will help it stick!!!!!

Hi... I had 2 m/c in march and april last year, doctors wouldn't help me until i lost anothet baby so i decided to start taking 75mg of aspirin every day. I could get pregnant easily but it wouldn't stick :-( a month after starting the aspirin i got my 3rd BFP that year and i was terrified i would lose this one too, i took the aspirin every day until 35 weeks, and on 10th feb this year i gave birth to my gorgeous little boy Oliver :)) me and OH honestly think that Ollie wouldn't be here without the aspirin. Just thought it might help to tell you my story. Good luck to all of you girls, hope u get your sticky BFP's soon!!!
Em xx

awww that's an awesome success story~ thanks for popping in!!

and I loooooooooooooooooove your son's name! SOOO cute!

Like the rest, thats my problem to. No issues getting pregnant, but making it stick, thats where I'm having issues. Im seeing my GYN today for a follow-up from my miscarriage last week, and I'm gonna ask about the baby asprin and see what they say. Even if they say no, or dont need it, Im half tempted just to take it anyways. I got this feeling if I take it, it would help me out A LOT. I think I know my body more then some doctor. Doctors dont know everything! Doctors have gone and tell women they cant have kids, and next thing they know their patient is popping out a baby! After my appt today I'll check back in and let you all know what my GYN says.

Went to my drs today and asked about the baby aspirin and my GYN said that there really isnt much scientific proof about helping much of anything, but then he said, wait for about 6 weeks to start taking the baby aspirin. He basically wanted me to get passed my miscarriage and do some testing before I started the baby aspirin.

when will you ladies stop taking the baby asprin?

I really want to try it next time but im scared of what may happen if i stopped taking it? sorry x

I've been told to take aspirin from the moment I get a positive test, but I wouldn't have done it if I hadn't have had my problem found and been told to. It can have a negative affect too, and it's very dangerous taking aspirin when you're pregnant so you have to have regular scans. Honestly girls, if you don't know your problem, it's not worth it. You could be causing baby harm for no reason.

when will you ladies stop taking the baby asprin?

I really want to try it next time but im scared of what may happen if i stopped taking it? sorry x

From what I've read- you should stop around 34-35 weeks because you don't want your blood to be thinned out for labor & delivery. I personally plan on taking it until then...

Really? see i read so many different stories on this.

For me i already have 2 children & i didnt take low dose asprin with them so maybe im thinking i dont have a problem and dont need to take it?

But then again ive had 2 mcs since :/

My doc did advise me not to take it tho he thinks my mcs are just purely down to bad luck & nothing else he said low does asprin prob wouldnt make any difference to me to be honest but theres always thats what if it the back of my mind x

Really? see i read so many different stories on this.

For me i already have 2 children & i didnt take low dose asprin with them so maybe im thinking i dont have a problem and dont need to take it?

But then again ive had 2 mcs since :/

My doc did advise me not to take it tho he thinks my mcs are just purely down to bad luck & nothing else he said low does asprin prob wouldnt make any difference to me to be honest but theres always thats what if it the back of my mind x

It IS a matter of opinion. I have 2 close girlfriends that both had 2 mc and were both advised to take it to try from their doctor... neither one of them has clotting issues or anything- and if you search- A LOT of RE's DO prescribe it. It's one of those things that can't hurt but MAY help. You are not taking full adult size aspirin- yes, that is bad, and yes that is too much. The way I see it- I am NOT waiting to lose another 2-3 babies before trying this. One thing I thought about doing is just taking it every other day instead of daily- that way you are being even MORE cautious if you are really concerned about it. Both of my friends had a successful pregnancy after taking it and both are pregnant again.

Ive just bought some aspirin today 75mg but I'm quite cautious to take it after what some people have written on here.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->