the asprin thread

Hi everyone, I met with my doctor this afternoon to discuss my miscarriage. He more or less said that these things often just cant be explained. I told him about my mum having 5 in the past and he actually said that these things dont tend to be hereditary believe it or not. I also discussed low progesterone and he didnt think this is an option just now. He did agree however that I should start taking the low dose aspirin along with 400mg of folic acid , he prescribed both. I had already started taking the aspirin anyway after reading so many good things but I felt further reassured that my doctor is a strong believer in this aswell and said it does absoluetly no harm, this may help any of you who are in doubt.
He also said that there is no need to even wait for a next period, its purely an individual choice down to how I feel. I've been told that the minute I get another positive test I have to call the surgery and they will take my blood levels for HGC and progesterone and closely monitor me, this makes me feel more positive about things x

Im lurking, can am still confused on what kind of aspirin to look for in the store could someone possibly post a link to the exact aspirin everyone is taking?

It's any low dose aspirin, less than 81mg

It comes coated or dispersible or I think in the USA you have a chewable baby/child version

Im lurking, can am still confused on what kind of aspirin to look for in the store could someone possibly post a link to the exact aspirin everyone is taking?

you can buy in almost any pharmacy- you can even ask the pharmacy to point it out - but it's on the regular shelves.. baby aspirin .. aka low dose aspirin- in either 75 or 81mg. For example:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Bayer-Or...ose-Baby-Aspirin-Pain-Reliever-81-mg/10316158

Thanks Holly because I was just about to say the lowest dosage I could find in the US is 81mg.

Thanks Holly I picked up a bottle today at lunch and popped one right away.

I had a visit with my OB dr last fall - I went to see her before trying to get pregnant w/ baby #2. She suggested that I go on baby asprin because of my outcome of my 1st pregnancy (Megan). I have borderline high blood pressure. THey dont give me meds for it - but I was monitored a lot during my pregnancy. Megan wasnt really growing towards the end & they decided to induce at 37 weeks. My placenta was smaller than normal because of the blood flow (with the high bp). The thought is that the baby asprin can help w/ the blood flow to the uterus & placenta.

I was taking baby asprin before I got pregnant the 2nd time - and miscarried in December at 6 weeks. So it didnt prevent my miscarriage. It was a natural miscarriage & they didnt find a cause - it was just one of those things.

I will be taking baby asprin while ttc again & continuing it through the pregnancy til adviced to stop by my dr.

I really want to start taking the baby aspirin but I have a feeling my doc will disagree with it... UGHH!!! I am torn.. there are some ladies on here that say their docs disagree and some that agree. Why can't there ever be one answer.

not all doctors agree with giving canibis on pre-scrption either........

i wouldn't advise long term use but for short term i am sure the pro outweigh the cons

im using it now cautiously thou. i had hbp with my 9 year old and pre eclampsia:( in end was ok. with my second i had bleeding at 6,7,9,17 and lost aT 19:( suspected SCH subchronic heatoma ( where egg rips slighty and when implanted it bleeds ever so slightly outside womb) eventually it can ruputure and placenta breaks away and baby also and this causes a mc:( i passed a HUGE blood clot size of scone at 6half weeks (thought it was the baby) then one at 7 and they saw one on scan at 9 weeks, girl shoulda got doc but she sent me home, i called my doc she said aw they cant take it out hopefully itll break up (SHE SHOULDS GAVE ME ASPRIN) i didnt know:( I KNOW NOW THOU:( i will be taken it to help blood flow and stopping around 34 weeks pregnant thats if i get pregnant lol

So I don't know if this is coincidence or not but since I've been taking the aspirin my cramps have considerably reduced

So I don't know if this is coincidence or not but since I've been taking the aspirin my cramps have considerably reduced

Well it's a painkiller so I'd imagine even in really low doses it would help a bit? Added bonus!!! :thumbup:

well ive been taking aspirin 75mg 4 3months now and still havent got pregnant. I usually fall pregnant straight away the longest time being 4months, well im on2 6months now and looks like af is starting so will b moving on 2 7months. Im thinking of stopping it and start again when i get my bfp. Just so u know i have been pregnant 5 times so i dont have a problem get pregnant, these resulted in 4mc's and 1 ectopic.

what r ur opinions on this x

A friend of mine is currently 23 weeks, she had 4 previous mc. The Dr thought that the mc's were possibly due to a thin uterine lining caused possibly by a short luteal phase. It appears that the egg just didn't have a thick enough lining to implant in, resulting in early mc's.

For my friend, the aspirin worked by increasing blood flow to the uterus, therefore thickening the uterine lining ... and her next bean stuck (and has been stuck for the past 23 weeks!). She plans to remain on it until she reaches 35 weeks

The asprin hasnt stopped me from getting pregnant. Both miscarriages were pregnancy's that happened the first month we were trying to get pregnant. I was on the baby asprin both times. I would think it might be just a fluke & not the baby asprin preventing pregnancy?

:hugs: Good luck!

My doc just told me not to take asprin...

Its been ok'd 2ce for me now - by different dr's. One for my small placenta during pregnancy w/ Megan & now for miscarriages.

i'm in australia and I went to the chemist and asked for low dose aspirin and they gave me 100mg, is that too much? I have only taken it twice and have stopped because i can't find any information on it for australia, everything has said 81mg or 75mg. I dont want to hurt anything but I really want to try this I can't imagine surviving another mc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->