The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

Ah I'm lucky, Maria hasn't mastered the 'da' sound yet so we got mama first (though its mostly umma (translates: bitch) :haha:

I have a bad confession :( Had a terrible night with Maria, didn't realise but her top tooth was breaking through so I thought she was just upset cos OH was being noisy and kept waking her (around midnight) and she ended up just being awake and crying for two hours and nothing would settle that I finally just switched off the lights and lay on my bed next to the cot and ignored her :( She fell asleep in 2 minutes but if I had known it was her tooth I could have given her pain meds and teething gel. Poor baby :(

Ah I'm lucky, Maria hasn't mastered the 'da' sound yet so we got mama first (though its mostly umma (translates: bitch) :haha:

I have a bad confession :( Had a terrible night with Maria, didn't realise but her top tooth was breaking through so I thought she was just upset cos OH was being noisy and kept waking her (around midnight) and she ended up just being awake and crying for two hours and nothing would settle that I finally just switched off the lights and lay on my bed next to the cot and ignored her :( She fell asleep in 2 minutes but if I had known it was her tooth I could have given her pain meds and teething gel. Poor baby :(

Aww bless! i am a first time mummy and LO seemed to be in pain a few weeks ago so i thort that a tooth was about to break through so i gave him bonjella and calpol....he went to bed with no fuss only for me to then realise he hadnt had a proper nap all day and was proberly over tired... ooops lol
xx

Aww bless! i am a first time mummy and LO seemed to be in pain a few weeks ago so i thort that a tooth was about to break through so i gave him bonjella and calpol....he went to bed with no fuss only for me to then realise he hadnt had a proper nap all day and was proberly over tired... ooops lol
xx

Aww it happens. I used to think she was teething all the time when she was just not sleeping well and tired!

I have a bad mummy confession to make - last night my LO woke up about 30 mins after she's went to sleep and she just wouldn't settle again, she was awake for the next 4hrs just crying and screaming without a break, well after 4 hrs of it I just couldnt take anymore so just put her in her cot and let her scream while I lay on the bed and cried, I also said a few awful things to her like, please shut the fuck up and go to sleep! :blush: In the end I had to get her back out the cot as she was getting more worked up, anyway eventually she feel asleep laying on my chest. I woke up this morning feeling sooo awful, especially when she woke up next to me smiling like a little angel....:-(

Wanababa dont feel bad, my LO has colic and i have said many a thing i have regretted to him but the crying gets you down, expecially at night when your tired, a few times i have had to put LO down and walk into another room for a few minutes just to calm down xxx

having a really bad one to confess today - baby would NOT sleep, and after all the crying I took her blanket and put it over her face. For one second only, but I just wanted her to shut up.... feel sick over this.

just found this thread! how fab a bad mummy confession page without the guilt of being reported to SS lol!

When DD was having her first bath i completely forgot that she couldnt keep herself up against the back of the bath and i let go to grab her towel! there was only an inch of water so it didnt even go over a 1/4 of her head but i was sooo upset after that i just cuddled her for hours!
when she was about 5 months i really wanted to be the first to give her and feed her her first foods so i opened a pack of baby rice and made it up and gave it to her, she was really not ready for solids and started to gag on the food! i spent the rest of the day clearing up baby rice of the floor where i had dropped the bowl to pick up DD just so that OH didnt find out! My poor LO gagged just because of what mummy wanted!
When she was 7 months i had put her on our breakfast bar in her bumbo whilst i sat in front chopping up veg for dinner, she was pushed to the very back as it was in a window so she wouldnt of been able to fall of the back or sides, the only way off was the front, i went to give the chopping board a rinse because the potatoes had been muddy and heared an almighty bang, turn around and DD is on the floor screaming with her face on the tiles and the bumbo still attatched to her bum! i screamed for OH to come in, i was too in shock to react! he came in and picked her up only for her to start giggling! she had a huge bump which covered half of her forehead, so i sent OH in with DD, ice packs and witch hazel while i got on the phone to the health visitor to come around now!! she got there and said all was fine and that i would be surprised how many babies fall of high places in bumbos/bouncer seats etc even tho they say not to put them up high, i think it was her way of telling me off in a nice way! i didnt go out and made excuses for family not to visit for 2 weeks after that until the bruising had gone down to a normal bruise size which then didnt need any more explanation than she had a bump! terrible mummy!!
After that 1 i didnt have many more accidents that were my fault :) i think that huge bump made me soooo scared that i then wrapped her in cotton wool! well until recently when iv become ditzy with pregnancy, iv became guilty of being a bad mummy and using the tv as a babysitter, giving DD naughty meals of fish fingers beans and smiley faces lots!, poked her in the eye with an apple the other day (i dont even know how that one happened!) and my bad mummy confession from today, making up her milk (she still has a beaker of 1yr+ formula of a morning so that i know shes getting at least a minimum of her needed iron/vits etc a day) and giving it to her in her bedroom and told her to stay and play tea partys in her room for a bit while mummy got dressed, if i tell her im getting dressed so play for a bit she does and wont come out of her room until i get her, instead of getting dressed i got onto the bed to do my hip exercises which i have to lie down to do and i fell asleep again for half an hour! i felt so awful when i woke up to hear her saying are you finished yet mummy you have been sooooo long and im sooo hungy and need a weeeee! that i jumped out the bed and went and gave her a huge cuddle! which dissapointed her since i was still in my pjs! she pushed me away and said oh mummy your still not dressed and i really need a wee wee now! Obv we went downstairs, both in pjs and i felt awful when she went the loo and i heard the force of the pee hitting the bowl! she really must of been bursting! :(
gosh im awful! hopefully baby 2 will get off lightly! lol! xxxx

having a really bad one to confess today - baby would NOT sleep, and after all the crying I took her blanket and put it over her face. For one second only, but I just wanted her to shut up.... feel sick over this.

Oh sweetie. I think this is maybe telling you that it's time to get help or support. It does not make you an evil person. Think of it like a warning for you to let you know that you're struggling and you need to get help now, next time it could be something more. It's so important that you speak to someone like your doctor right away, please please get help.

Have you been assessed for depression or any other mental health issues?

Sending hugs your way, please come back on and let me know how you are xxx

I agree with this. ^^

Please contact your doctor, and come back and update us! :hugs: :hugs: hun

I put my Babbas in the swing yesterday. The tray detaches so I can take him easily in and out no problem. I didn't realize that when I put him in the swing he had his knee bent and I snapped the tray right overtop of it! Poor baby had a welt on his knee. I wanted to punch myself for not paying attention. Ugh. Mommy loves you! I sawry.

hi all, thank you for your concerns. I don't think I have pnd or anything like that. I think I was just really frustrated. I did talk to dh about it. He isn't concerned. he suggested I do what he does and plug my ears. I should clarify that I do not wish my daughter harm. I'd be too afraid to mention this to a doc, they might report it and take her away. I can usually take several hours of crying before I get frustrated, this was at the end of a bad three days...
I hope I'm not rationalizing and minimizing a serious problem.....hmmmmm. I could maybe talk to the psychiatrist I used to see (for panic attacks, nothing violent)

dh wasnt home the other mornign and i needed a shower before collage so i got up and hoping to get the shower relaised dd was awake so i fed her and made her play in her bedroom while i had a shower :blush:

dh wasnt home the other mornign and i needed a shower before collage so i got up and hoping to get the shower relaised dd was awake so i fed her and made her play in her bedroom while i had a shower :blush:

Hahaha whats wrong with that? You had no choice as long as the room is baby-proofed no problem!

yes it is but i feel guilty leaving her so soon after waking

hi all, thank you for your concerns. I don't think I have pnd or anything like that. I think I was just really frustrated. I did talk to dh about it. He isn't concerned. he suggested I do what he does and plug my ears. I should clarify that I do not wish my daughter harm. I'd be too afraid to mention this to a doc, they might report it and take her away. I can usually take several hours of crying before I get frustrated, this was at the end of a bad three days...
I hope I'm not rationalizing and minimizing a serious problem.....hmmmmm. I could maybe talk to the psychiatrist I used to see (for panic attacks, nothing violent)

I would talk to your psychiatrist to see what they think. I know you're scared that doctors might think you want to hurt your daughter if you tell them about your frustration but they want to help you, taking away children is always a last resort so they won't just take your baby away, especially not because you got frustrated once. But it is worth finding out if you have pnd because then you can get help. :hugs: hope you have some good days now to make up for those bad days!

I am pretty sure I don't have pnd but since ya'll are concerned I'll mention it to my midwife at my appointment next week....

Sometimes I don't know what is worse, leaving her alone when I have to go to the bathroom or sitting her in the bathroom on the bathmat with a toy and subjecting her to it! haha.

Haven't done it yet but here is a peek at my bad mommy brain:

I am losing my mind tonight! I swear I am going to give benedryl or whiskey or something and MAKE her sleep!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->