The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

Siegal- LOL I was just thinking that today!!! I have IBS and some days have to dash to the bathroom A LOT- Today I put their bouncers in the hall outside the bath and mostly shut the door so I could hear them babbling away but they didn't have to hear/see that!

I felt horrid today when I finally realized that one of my twins had a hair wrapped around her finger several times- might explain the screaming that I had chalked up to a temper tantrum and been trying to ignore:blush:

Siegal- LOL I was just thinking that today!!! I have IBS and some days have to dash to the bathroom A LOT- Today I put their bouncers in the hall outside the bath and mostly shut the door so I could hear them babbling away but they didn't have to hear/see that!

I felt horrid today when I finally realized that one of my twins had a hair wrapped around her finger several times- might explain the screaming that I had chalked up to a temper tantrum and been trying to ignore:blush:

well. at least they won't remember it. Must stop doing it by the time she can talk, god forbid she tells people!

when she was a newborn I used to lay her on my lap, at least she is on the floor now.

I am pretty sure I don't have pnd but since ya'll are concerned I'll mention it to my midwife at my appointment next week....

Okay hun, I know you say you don't think there's anything wrong but if you feel that type of frustration or desperation again you must put your baby down and get help immediately. Putting a blanket over baby's face isn't normal or healthy behaviour hun, whether it was for 1 second or 1 minute. Like I said it doesn't make you a bad person at all but it really shows that you have to get help and they're may be some underlying issues.

Please come back and let me know how you are, I'm worried about you and LO xx

Feel awful :cry:....last night in the night bubs woke up and had a very dry poo stuck to his bum, he'd soaked himself and the crib mattress with wee and to top it off....i was trying to take off his vest sleeve (poo on vest and wet!) and pinched his skin with my nails by accident instead of the stoopid vest! `Felt awful poor thing screamed!!! I know he's alright but still....poor baby xxx

I am pretty sure I don't have pnd but since ya'll are concerned I'll mention it to my midwife at my appointment next week....

Okay hun, I know you say you don't think there's anything wrong but if you feel that type of frustration or desperation again you must put your baby down and get help immediately. Putting a blanket over baby's face isn't normal or healthy behaviour hun, whether it was for 1 second or 1 minute. Like I said it doesn't make you a bad person at all but it really shows that you have to get help and they're may be some underlying issues.

We are both fine, thank you.

btw, what happened to guilt free? I've read far sketchier things on this thread...

No one is judging you or trying to make you feel guilty, we're just voicing concern. If anyone posted something about abuse or anything worrisome, they would say something to them also.

No you did not hurt your child, but we are all worried about you, and don't want to see anything bad happen.

:hugs:

btw, what happened to guilt free? I've read far sketchier things on this thread...

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you feel guilty, that wasn't my intention at all. Hope you are okay xx

Feel awful :cry:....last night in the night bubs woke up and had a very dry poo stuck to his bum, he'd soaked himself and the crib mattress with wee and to top it off....i was trying to take off his vest sleeve (poo on vest and wet!) and pinched his skin with my nails by accident instead of the stoopid vest! `Felt awful poor thing screamed!!! I know he's alright but still....poor baby xxx

Aww the nappy wasn't your fault at all! I have done worse, LO kept waking one night and just wouldn't settle at all. I tried everything, feeding, rocking, bringing her into my bed but she just wouldn't settle so we got up before 6am. In my zombie state I'd totally forgotten to check her nappy and it was completely wet and she'd soaked her vest and sleepsuit and it was all cold and clammy, no wonder she wouldn't settle - I felt guilty for weeks for that one!

Shame on you catching baby with your nails ;-) Haha, I used to wear acrylics all the time but had to stop as I kept scratching LO when I was changing her nappy and I poked her in the eye once. Oopsie!

I have a couple of bad Mummy confessions from today also. It's been a really tough day, LO still isn't well, she had a viral infection all weekend and is still grumpy and catching up on sleep. She hasn't let me put her down all day! So we went to visit a friend and she was sooooo whingy. I was really enjoying my coffee and gossip and didn't want to leave so I gave her skips and a chocolate biscuit and then a yoghurt to keep her quiet. She didn't eat her dinner :blush:

Then she was still awful when we came home, wouldn't eat her dinner for me and I was getting awful frustrated so I gave her some chopped banana and her cup of water and left her moaning and whinging away in the highchair while I came on her with a cup of tea for 10mins to relax before I battled with her for bedtime.

OH came in earlier than I expected, looked at me as she was still moaning (had been for 10mins eek!) and trying to escape the highchair and I innocently said "Oh, she's just starting whinging as you came in, just shutting the laptop down and going to start her bath now". Hehe, sneaky Mummy!! xx

Today I picked up LO and started walking towards his swing. His carseat was on the floor and I tripped over it and fell with him in my arms. :cry: I feel so bad. His head hit the floor and he cried for a few seconds but I cried for hours.

I absolutely agree with this. Some things here have had me thinking "hang on where does "oh whoops" stop and "call social services" start" I say nothing at those times because this is supposed to be "guilt free"

Your post certainly wasn't one of them:dohh:

Everyone gets to the end of their tether and I actually don't think what you did was a sign of PND at all. It's not as if you pressed a pillow to your LOs face. I'm fairly certain I have done something similar at one point or another.

If it was a one(ish) off and you don't seriously think about harming your child, it can be chalked up to a bad day. You seem to be sensible enough to recognise that and if it continues you'll go for help. :hugs:

foogirl - wish that I can thank you more than once. I've been so upset over this - I've spent this week overanalyzing every interaction i have with LO, freaking out every time I feel the least bit frustrated....

Paulina,

I don't think you're a bad mom. I play peek a boo with the blanket...its over his face for a split second but that doesn't mean I'm trying to cause harm to my baby. Seriously? I've read MUCH sketchier things on this thread. No need to worry. Like Foogirl said, if you feel the need to harm your LO, then I'm sure common sense would tell you to get help.

granted, you were playing while I was mad. I do acknowledge that what I did was bad and I do feel bad about it...
I wonder now - am I the only one who feels strong frustration sometimes? is it a sign of something? I thought it was normal, now I'm all freaked... usually I just put her in the crib, walk away for a minute and feel better. The particular incident, she was crying so much, I tried walking away but I felt bad, she was so worked up...

No you are definitely not the only one that feels that frusteration. I threaten mine with benedryl frequently, haha. I would never do it, but telling her I'll drug her makes me feel a little better. :blush:

Lol. I tell mine she's a little shit. The last time I said that, she gave me a huge smile. May have to stop saying that soon...lol

Haha.... "Mom...what does shit mean?"
"Oh hunny, its a piece of paper...ya know... a sheet of paper?"

Nah, not a good enough cover up. Hehe.

You're def not the only one who feels frustration! I have often told Maria to go the fuck to sleep! And I've handed her over to OH when I felt like I was losing it and went and hid in the bathroom til I calmed down. Frustration is normal but I think it was perhaps the way you worded the post that made us concerned, it sounded more serious that perhaps it was.

I'm not sure if this makes me a bad mummy but I do feel guiilty about it - last night I put Maria to bed and then I just forgot about her! I have no recollection of her making a fuss or anything (she usually fusses for a couple minutes then babbles for 10 mins and slaps the wall then goes to sleep) but I don't remember anything. My SIL phoned and asked how her sleep was and I panicked and went to check on her cos I had no idea she was asleep!

Aww the nappy wasn't your fault at all! I have done worse, LO kept waking one night and just wouldn't settle at all. I tried everything, feeding, rocking, bringing her into my bed but she just wouldn't settle so we got up before 6am. In my zombie state I'd totally forgotten to check her nappy and it was completely wet and she'd soaked her vest and sleepsuit and it was all cold and clammy, no wonder she wouldn't settle - I felt guilty for weeks for that one!

Shame on you catching baby with your nails ;-) Haha, I used to wear acrylics all the time but had to stop as I kept scratching LO when I was changing her nappy and I poked her in the eye once. Oopsie!

I have a couple of bad Mummy confessions from today also. It's been a really tough day, LO still isn't well, she had a viral infection all weekend and is still grumpy and catching up on sleep. She hasn't let me put her down all day! So we went to visit a friend and she was sooooo whingy. I was really enjoying my coffee and gossip and didn't want to leave so I gave her skips and a chocolate biscuit and then a yoghurt to keep her quiet. She didn't eat her dinner :blush:

Then she was still awful when we came home, wouldn't eat her dinner for me and I was getting awful frustrated so I gave her some chopped banana and her cup of water and left her moaning and whinging away in the highchair while I came on her with a cup of tea for 10mins to relax before I battled with her for bedtime.

OH came in earlier than I expected, looked at me as she was still moaning (had been for 10mins eek!) and trying to escape the highchair and I innocently said "Oh, she's just starting whinging as you came in, just shutting the laptop down and going to start her bath now". Hehe, sneaky Mummy!! xx

Thank you for your lovely response! Made me chuckle too!
You know my nails are only about 2mm long! I don't know how it happened!
Another confession about it....we went to MIL the next day after and when I was changing his nappy she said 'oh has he been bitten?' I looked and saw where she was pointing...I must have really nipped my poor baby there was a little mark there! I was devastated!! I said 'oh no it must be a bit of heat rash' !! Couldn't tell her it was from me :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->