The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

My confession is nearly lettin my daughter fall off our bed. She was in the middle of our saturday morning lay in, when I opened my eyes she was gone. She'd climbed over hubby literally dangling over the edge.

Lookin back it was a bit funny as I woke hubby up screamin whilst grabbing her :haha:

Also hubby gave her double dose of nurofen not knowing it was different dose to paracetamol. We panicked but she was fine.

Nice to know we're not alone :thumbup:

OH started work late today to give me a lie in, so he fed and changed DD this morning, before he left he brought her up and told me he was going so its time to get up, i said yes then when he left pursuaded DD into our bed and gave her the laptop to play with so i could sleep more! She was playing on it for just over 1 an a half hours and all that she wanted for me was a 'oo thats pretty, do another 1 for mummy' every so often lol! i feel so bad that we spent the time were she is most attentive and willing to listen on the pc were usually its spent doing some teaching.

(Dell duo's version of paint when its on touchscreen is what she was playing on, its not like iv taught her the ins and outs of using pcs! lol! that really would be bad!)

Meant to cut LO's nails yesterday...totally slipped my mind...woke up this morning and found a nice scratch on his head on display for everyone to see *doh*

Also when i was pregnant i woke OH screaming cuz i had a sudden leg cramp..OH thought i was going into labour haha xx

Feel like an awful Mum today :-(

LO got excited playing at the park and bit her lip so it has a little cut. You can't even see it anymore but I told OH anyway incase he noticed.

And then when I came home I was getting LO to walk from me to OH (she's just started to take her first steps). I was right behind her and she started to run and I caught her just as she fell but she still caught her head and it has a teeny red mark. OH went mental at me for not catching her and made me cry and everytime he looks at LO he says "Look at the fucking mark on her head"

To top it off OH was an hour late from work and said he was working late but he stinks of fags and beer. F-ing dickhead. Last night he ruined the plans I had with my friend as he wanted to go play poker. He was supposed to get milk etc. for LO's breakfast but wasn't in til near midnight and didn't bother. So I had nothing this morning and no money (OH took the joint a/c bank card to work) to buy any shopping!

So now he's told me to go get the shopping but I said no as he was supposed to get it last night so he's now demanding something for tea. He said just put anything on so I'm going to make him something disgusting. Haha.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I need to scream then punch something.

Feel like an awful Mum today :-(

LO got excited playing at the park and bit her lip so it has a little cut. You can't even see it anymore but I told OH anyway incase he noticed.

And then when I came home I was getting LO to walk from me to OH (she's just started to take her first steps). I was right behind her and she started to run and I caught her just as she fell but she still caught her head and it has a teeny red mark. OH went mental at me for not catching her and made me cry and everytime he looks at LO he says "Look at the fucking mark on her head"

To top it off OH was an hour late from work and said he was working late but he stinks of fags and beer. F-ing dickhead. Last night he ruined the plans I had with my friend as he wanted to go play poker. He was supposed to get milk etc. for LO's breakfast but wasn't in til near midnight and didn't bother. So I had nothing this morning and no money (OH took the joint a/c bank card to work) to buy any shopping!

So now he's told me to go get the shopping but I said no as he was supposed to get it last night so he's now demanding something for tea. He said just put anything on so I'm going to make him something disgusting. Haha.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I need to scream then punch something.

Omg i cant believe he said "look at her f***ing head" thats sad :( this should be a fathers confessional thread....
good for u to make him something gross hehe :D i have a massive go at my OH if he asks me to even put the oven on lol :) xx

I have had a few bad ones myself!
The other day my eldest was wondering around while I was cooking and LO was sleeping in the pram.
She came running into the kitchen saying sorry mommy with a very worried look on her face.
When I got to the lounge, the pram had tilted over and LO was on her head (laughing).
I just got there in time cause she was about to fall out.

We were all at my mums house, she has child locks on all the cupboards but left the cereal cupboard open. The cereal cupboard is toddler height and is also home to my mums finest vodka and baileys (lol).

So we were all sat there and my son (20 months at the time) comes wandering in from the kitchen with hi empty juice bottle and a bottle of Smirnoff & says "juice please". I almost died LOL. Luckily the bottle was small and plastic and had never been opened so there was no way he could have opened it but we always check the cupboards when we go to my mums now.

We are off to a wedding of a friends soon & LO is teething & has reli red cheeks....(altho i obvoiusly wont), the thought of putting some foundation on him has crossed my mind lol :) xx

I'm being a bad mum today and barely playing with Maria at all, I gave her an old laptop to play with (she always tries to fiddle with my one) and now I'm letting her dig around in the nappy bag - I just have no strength to play with her today cos I feel all crappy and ill :( My throat hurts too much to even talk to her :(

I'm being a bad mum today and barely playing with Maria at all, I gave her an old laptop to play with (she always tries to fiddle with my one) and now I'm letting her dig around in the nappy bag - I just have no strength to play with her today cos I feel all crappy and ill :( My throat hurts too much to even talk to her :(

When you're ill you just have to do what you can to get through! I felt so crappy yesterday my DD was just shuffled between the jumperoo, her chair and the sofa because I didn't have the strength to pick her up. Had to stick a CD on too as I was too weak to sing or even talk to her! Maria's probably having a grand old time doing stuff she doesn't normally get to ;) Hope you feel better soon (and there isn't too much mess to clean up after her explorations!)

well I thought it would be sooner but I've joined the Bad Mothers Club today with 2 incidents..

Woke up this morning and my OH had put Oliver in our bed for a cuddle while he got a shower, well I was only half awake and he started to whine a bit so I felt around with my eyes closed for his dummy, found it and in my dozing state tried to put it in his mouth and instead ended up poking him in the eye with it, obviously I doubt it hurt him but he still wasn't happy, I soon sat bolt upright!

Then later on I was putting some wind meddy in Oliver's bottle, then I got distracted with something so didn't go back to the bottle for 5 minutes. I sat down to feed him, picked up the bottle and went to put it in his mouth, didn't realise the top wasn't screwed on properly and it went all over him, yes I have swilled my baby, was room temperature but he still cried and looked at me like I'd done it on purpose. Felt soooo bad.

He's had extra cuddles :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

When you're ill you just have to do what you can to get through! I felt so crappy yesterday my DD was just shuffled between the jumperoo, her chair and the sofa because I didn't have the strength to pick her up. Had to stick a CD on too as I was too weak to sing or even talk to her! Maria's probably having a grand old time doing stuff she doesn't normally get to ;) Hope you feel better soon (and there isn't too much mess to clean up after her explorations!)

She left quite a wake of destruction in her path :haha: but OH helped me clear up after we put her to bed so that was ok. Illness with a baby really sucks doesn't it? You can't just curl up in bed all day :(

foogirl - wish that I can thank you more than once. I've been so upset over this - I've spent this week overanalyzing every interaction i have with LO, freaking out every time I feel the least bit frustrated....

You're welcome.

Everyone feels frustration, some more than others. Some have the patience of a saint and some have none at all. I fall somewhere in between. I find it is all down to my own frame of mind. If I start off on a good day, no matter what, Abby can't get to me. If I'm tired, feeling crappy or just in a bad mood for no reason, the poor wee soul can do no right.

The only thing we can do is recognise our behaviour and hope that at least most of the time we are able to deal with screaming and crying and tantrums and misbehaviour in a reasoned, adult manner. And the other times, as long as LO comes to no harm, it is no biggie.

Had a picnic with callum and his daddy today and we let callum crawl off the picnic mat to explore on the grass. He stopped and started screaming and lets just say his daddy had to pick a rather large thorn out of callums hand =( he was inconsolable for about 30 mins. Felt awful because it was just his birthday yesterday =( but he's fine now though lol x

Had a picnic with callum and his daddy today and we let callum crawl off the picnic mat to explore on the grass. He stopped and started screaming and lets just say his daddy had to pick a rather large thorn out of callums hand =( he was inconsolable for about 30 mins. Felt awful because it was just his birthday yesterday =( but he's fine now though lol x

Happy Birthday!!!!

Hi ladies!

My first time on this thread, but Jack had a very runny poo today which came out of his nappy and all over his clothes. I cleaned him up rather swiftly but just noticed (hours later) that it was also all over his chair cover on his bouncy seat. OH says he wondered what the dog was licking it for... :sick: No need to feed dog yet then!! :rofl:

Most of these are 'funny haha' but I feel like mine is bad! I have twins, one screams a lot and the other doesn't really... They were both screaming yesterday and I had just had enough and I screamed at the top of my lungs for them to shut up! I hurt their feeling because they cried harder. I then picked each of them up and cried my face off telling them how much I love them and that they are everything to me, because they are. I have done this a few times... And then I feel HORRIBLE after. I am going to ask my OB about it. Tried to make appt. today but they are out for Columbus Day. I just feel so bad I screamed because they were crying - it is not their fault. :nope: Like WTF was I thinking.

Most of these are 'funny haha' but I feel like mine is bad! I have twins, one screams a lot and the other doesn't really... They were both screaming yesterday and I had just had enough and I screamed at the top of my lungs for them to shut up! I hurt their feeling because they cried harder. I then picked each of them up and cried my face off telling them how much I love them and that they are everything to me, because they are. I have done this a few times... And then I feel HORRIBLE after. I am going to ask my OB about it. Tried to make appt. today but they are out for Columbus Day. I just feel so bad I screamed because they were crying - it is not their fault. :nope: Like WTF was I thinking.

Sometimes you just gotta let it out;)

having a really bad one to confess today - baby would NOT sleep, and after all the crying I took her blanket and put it over her face. For one second only, but I just wanted her to shut up.... feel sick over this.

No offense but yikes :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->