The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

When we got up this morning I sat Maria on my lap on the desk chair and spun around thinking she was enjoying it....til I realised she had thrown up all down the side of the chair!

And a bit later, she was being suspiciously quiet but I didn't think to check what she was doing right away, but when I did I saw she was chewing on the end of the phone charger cable!

When we got up this morning I sat Maria on my lap on the desk chair and spun around thinking she was enjoying it....til I realised she had thrown up all down the side of the chair!
This made me laugh so much. Bless. LO sometimes throws up but i don't realise until she has smeared it all over her hands, face, top and my clothes.

This made me laugh so much. Bless. LO sometimes throws up but i don't realise until she has smeared it all over her hands, face, top and my clothes.

I didn't realise til I put my hand in it :sick:

Ah sick smeared all over....its a lovely look! :haha:

My poor LO has had an awful day, first his daddy accidentally cut his thumb with nail clippers when he was having his nails cut and it bled for ages :cry:, then I banged his head on the floor while putting him on his playmat and then as if that all wasn't bad enough I put him in his car seat and forgot to fasten the seat belt to secure the car seat to the car :dohh:. Didn't realise til we'd started driving :nope:

emyandpotato, I cut my LO finger last week when using baby nail clippers :nope: Ive thrown them out! So much blood for such a little finger!
We also forget at times to fasten LO into his carrycot in the car.. eek!

emyandpotato, I cut my LO finger last week when using baby nail clippers :nope: Ive thrown them out! So much blood for such a little finger!

He screamed and it screamed it really broke my heart. Glad I'm not the only one! I was so upset with myself, he could have died! Was with my mum at the time and she rarely sees me with LO so I bet she thinks I'm a terrible mother now. I reminded her of the time she left my little sister in her car seat on top of the car and drove off so that she didn't judge me too much :blush:

I forgot to fasten the car seat to the car before...i use baby scissors now instead of nail clippers..they are lithel i swear so many tears from a tiny little cut :( scissors are way better :) xx

when dd was 4wks old i forgot she was in my arms walked her straight into door frame, terrified me, for days i thought i would be a rubbish mum.

caught her eating her own poo to :/ all over the place.

and a few weeks ago i asked her very nicely if she would get me some toilet roll, she rolled her eyes and said oh for f**k sake :o was gobsmacked i asked what she said and she wouldnt tell me and then again and she repeated it told her it was naughty and only grown ups can say that and then i asked the dreaded question of where did you hear that and she said you say it :o opps that taught me!

Was carrying baby from her room to the living room. Right at my bookshelf she threw her head back and smacked it on the bookshelf. She cried and cried and cried. :cry:

I get so frustrated with her sometimes. Especially when she won't keep her damn paci in her mouth and I have to keep putting it in for her. Then she spits it out. Then she cries because she wants it and I put it in. We go through this all day long. :dohh:

Then I feel awful for getting mad because she doesn't know any better. :cry:

Xavier does this ALL THE TIME! Especially at night when he's sleeping. It drives me mad! :growlmad:

I have two confessions today. First I was carrying LO from her room to the living room. As we passed my bookshelf she threw her head backwards and whacked it on the bookshelf. She WAILED. :cry:

Then just minutes later, I was feeding her some cereal from an hour or two before, had just heated it up. I tested it, it felt barely warm, so I gave her a bite....forgot the inside of the cereal would be hotter. Once again, she screamed!

Maria was crawling around yesterday and she got stuck. My first thought? Take a picture....instead of rescuing her :blush:

https://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u143/generalgayer/dccf7b53.jpg

Not the first time she's got stuck there, you'd think she'd learn...

This is my first one but it's really bad, last night oh was asleep on the sofa but it was time for Charlies bath, soi woke him up so he could wake Charlie gently, I got him out of his Moses basket and gave him to oh and went to run the bath.came down 5 minutes later and oh had fallen asleep and Charlies head was right back hanging over my oh's arm. I shouted and grabbed Charlie off him, then sat with him making sure he was breathing and all his reflexes worked. The thing is oh said he has no memory of me even giving him Charlie, so now I feel it's my fault because I should of left him in his basket. I know everyone makes mistakes but now I feel like I can't trust my oh to look after him alone :( x

That pic of Maria is awesome!!

Frecks - Aww I don't think it was your OH's fault, he must feel absolutely terrible. If he doesn't have any memory of being given LO he could still have been asleep. I do this a lot, if someone wakes me suddenly I can move, and can have conversations (that don't make any sense) while seemingly half awake but I'm not actually aware of my actions or anything and don't remember anything. It's worse when I'm really tired. When OH wakes me in the morning to give LO to me before he goes to work he has to make sure I'm fully awake , standing up and talking sense otherwise I have no idea what's going on.

Glad your LO is okay. xxx

What stardust599 said - in the early days with the sleep deprivation I would have no recollection sometimes of whether I was holding Maria or not, I'm sure I fell asleep with her in my arms a few times at least so you really have to make sure your OH is actually awake before giving him your baby.

Yeah no I know I'm not saying anything about it to him I know he feels terrible, will just have yo make sure he's absolutely awake!xx

DH is gone this week and LO is spending a LOT of time in her crib and bouncy seat. Feel awful for not carting her around but the days seem so long when DH is gone. For instance, LO sleeps about 45 minutes for naps...and I let her wake on her own and stare at her mobile for about 20-30 more minutes. I know on the surface this doesn't seem bad - but I let her sit on her own a lot. I'm just not a baby-wearing mom. Makes me feel bad. Love my LO...but love my hands free, too.

I have a few...

Last night I fell asleep while giving Elia her bottle...I must of slept for about 5 min but when I woke up the bottle's nipple was too far from her mouth and she was despreatly trying to grab it....

I love her but she is very demanding, sometimes I wish I could put her away and come back and get her when im ready or when I slept more than 2 hours straight.. Sathurday I went shopping without her and found that I did not want to come back...lol im not saying for ever but I was happy to get away for a few hours..

Maria was crawling around yesterday and she got stuck. My first thought? Take a picture....instead of rescuing her :blush:

https://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u143/generalgayer/dccf7b53.jpg

Not the first time she's got stuck there, you'd think she'd learn...

Love this photo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"