The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

These are old pics but a few recent posts have made me think of them!!

Forgetting to strap LO into the swing and finding her chilling out like this :haha:

LO projectile vomiting over herself, I left her like that so I could take a pic :rofl:

Trying to restrain LO in the bouncer when she was too big and could get out :blush:

xxx

Attachments

• DSCF0315.jpg
    DSCF0315.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 70
  • DSCF0254.jpg
    DSCF0254.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 66
  • DSCF0482.jpg
    DSCF0482.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 55
  • DSCF0480.jpg
    DSCF0480.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 50
No noooooo... that doesn't make you a bad mommy silly. Everyone does things different. They didn't reccommend me stop breastfeeding at 6 weeks but I had no choice as my boobs gave up. So it should go by mothers choice. Not by what you read sometimes love.

My boobs gave up at 7 and a half weeks ! god knows what i was doing wrong! felt so guilty buying my first tub of formula! xx

I know, tell me about it. I feel like such a failure :cry:

I'll admit to a bad moment last week. My 9 month year old is teething and has horribly painful nappy rash. Last week he just screamed and screamed at night and nothing I did made any difference. I gave him calpol. I rocked him (he just tried to escape my arms), he didn't want to come downstairs, he didn't want any milk. Nothing worked.
In the end I put him back in his cot, put on his mobile and went back to bed.
After 8 minutes of hysterical screaming he want to sleep.
Feel terrible. But I guess it worked.

haha those are gr8 picx!! omg my OH just pointed out that there are 217 pages of bad mummy parenting hehe :D xxx

I'll admit to a bad moment last week. My 9 month year old is teething and has horribly painful nappy rash. Last week he just screamed and screamed at night and nothing I did made any difference. I gave him calpol. I rocked him (he just tried to escape my arms), he didn't want to come downstairs, he didn't want any milk. Nothing worked.
In the end I put him back in his cot, put on his mobile and went back to bed.
After 8 minutes of hysterical screaming he want to sleep.
Feel terrible. But I guess it worked.

I have had to do this once or twice. My baby has been teething for 5 months. When she's really bad, I give her teething tablets, cuddle her, lay down with her, walk with her, cuddle her again, read a story, give her her cozy...everything that normally calms her down, makes her just scream harder. i've laid her down, walk away for 5 minutes, come back, pick her up, comfort her, lay her back down, and she starts snoring.

AHHH Ok- First post here. Mostly because it's DH that always has the bad parenting thing happen (too many to list... I guess that makes me a bad mummy too lol)

MY SICK BABY FELL OFF THE BED! She was up all night (I was too - with her) and so sleepy this morning I didn't realize how close to the edge of the bed she was and I saw it all happen and treied to get her and BAM! Head first! I gave her some boobie and she stopped rying and has been fine ever since but MAN! I feel terrible.

Lo is now 21 weeks old and for the first time ever I quietly thought to myself that I was really cross cuz he woke up so early and I had not enough sleep :( I thought to myself... Why did I divide to have a baby . Does anyone else get like this? :'( xxx

Lo is now 21 weeks old and for the first time ever I quietly thought to myself that I was really cross cuz he woke up so early and I had not enough sleep :( I thought to myself... Why did I divide to have a baby . Does anyone else get like this? :'( xxx

I've felt like that, it's natural. Huge life change no matter what age your LO is.

Sometimes I get frustrated when she doesn't take very long naps. I feel like a jerk when she smiles at me.

I've felt like that, it's natural. Huge life change no matter what age your LO is.

Sometimes I get frustrated when she doesn't take very long naps. I feel like a jerk when she smiles at me.

Me too the other day I was cross and he gave me that massive gawjus smile I felt like a bitch :( xxx

Normal we have all been there! I seriously thing it's the lack of sleep.

Todays bad mother moment not the first and certainly won't be the last...faron was crying for a feed so in a rush I popped him in his car seat and headed home...hmmm I thought the car has calmed him down looked in the mirror to see if he was sleeping, literally pitch black, so I turned around and boom there he is eyes as big as a bush baby looking worried as hell in his rear facing car seat....facing me! :shock: Felt awful but his face was a picture x

I had a REALLY bad moment i felt awful but Logan was fine.
I left logan lieing down on the settee with a pillow wedging him in so he couldnt move much, i put a bean bag on the floor just in case even though my boy was only 16weeks (if that really i cant member what day this was) i didnt know he could move, i nipped to kitchien to get toast out the toaster & heard grunting, he had managed to somehow get passed the pillow and was lieing on his stomach on the bean bag! dont no how he did it! when i picked him up he smiled though haha.. Now never left on seat and made sure hes strapped in bouncys at all times haha! Scary thinking if that bean bag was not there he would have been head first into the concrete floor!

Oh Ladies,

Oh my, oh my, this morning my LO was crying non stop and I assumed if was due to his reflux. I tried to burp him a couple of times, but nothing would come up. Next thing I thought of was a diaper change. Only by chance I put on a little bit of diaper rash cream and what do I see??? One of my long hairs was wrapped around his scrotum causing him a lot of pain. I can't believe it....:dohh: I feel sooo bad! He was crying from his core. He's better now though. :haha:

- Cloe

Haha Cloe...My hair is falling out right now...(postpregnancy side effect?) and its been everywhere. Including in LO's diaper. Mine isn't as long though.

My LO slipped in the bath tonight and I caught her but she still took a mouthful of water :-(

I was panicking and even thinking of going to A+E as she kept grunting and gulping afterwards and crying. Then she let out the biggest burp I've ever heard and was absolutely fine :dohh: :rofl: xx

I was watching a scary film while feeding Flynn his bedtime bottle, something made me jump and I was still holding the bottle in his mouth, he cried for ages and spent most of the next day a bit jumpy :-(
DH went back to work today after over a week off, Flynn got to tea time then was crying his eyes out and wouldn't settle for me so I phoned DH at work and put him on speakerphone telling him Flynn missed him... I was desperate to calm him down so fibbed to DH that Flynn had been looking for him, anyway maybe I was right coz the minute DH came on the phone Flynn started smiling and stayed happy till DH got home.
Bad daddy moment, DH didnt realise I'd put him on speakerphone already and thought he was just talking to me and (jokingly) said "stop fucking crying or I'll punch you in the face" Flynn laughed but dhs parents weren't as amused...
In future I'll tell him he's on speakerphone...

Wasnt watching the pram and it slid down the drive and tipped over as I tried to open the door! LO is fine, got a fright but I feel like the worst mum in existence :cry:

first time i've looked at this thread and it's made me fell so much better for not being perfect!

my first confession was when my now-toddler was just starting to walk whilst holding onto furniture; we have a coffee table with one big drawer in it, that when you open one side the other end pulls in under the table.

anyway, i had the drawer open and didn't realise my lo was the other side. i tried to shut the door but it wouldn't quite close; i looked at it wondering why there was a tiny gap and then gave it a shove WITH MY FOOT; at which point i hear the high pitched squeals of my LO - her fingers were in the other side!!! i've never forgiven myself. she was fine and probably forgot it ten minutes later.

mmm... next i cut my LO's finger whilst trimming her baby nails. poor wee thing.

and more recently with baby number two i left my newborn on the bed, crying whilst i quickly brushed my teeth. my toddler decided a cashew nut would cheer her up; thankfully she only had the nut bouncing around her mouth for a few seconds before i spotted it! eep!!!

I was in the bath and OH was undressing LO ready to get him in with me....he takes off his nappy and stands him on his knee for a second whilst i finish washing, then LO starts weeing and it takes OH by supprize and he goes "ahh" and it made LO jump and he started to cry.....i laughed :blush: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->