The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

I'm feeling a bit guilty I've started weaning Flynn already. He's 14weeks but was showing all the signs and wasn't satisfied with his milk, he's been having a bowl of baby rice a day and he adores it! He chomps it all off the spoon and cries for the next one! He had a some earlier and cried for more so I gave him another then he drank his full bottle (minus what I made the rice with) i was ok with it and he's happy but at baby group today the subject came up and I didn't say anything but they were saying that any solid before 17 weeks will damage their tummies... Now I'm not sure I've done the right thing, I'll keep feeding him because he enjoys it and it's not upsetting him or anything and I think he would freak if I didn't feed him tomorrow but I've got a little niggly guilt in the back of my mind. :shrug: confused.com go with my instincts or go with current guidelines (not that Flynn has ever followed what drs and hv expected)

I would trust your instincts hun, you're his Mummy. My LO was weaned at 11weeks under a consultant paediatrician and paediatric dietitian because of severe reflux. Make sure to avoid gluten until 17weeks though. Stick to the plain rice and try added mashed pear, banana etc.

xx

I would trust your instincts hun, you're his Mummy. My LO was weaned at 11weeks under a consultant paediatrician and paediatric dietitian because of severe reflux. Make sure to avoid gluten until 17weeks though. Stick to the plain rice and try added mashed pear, banana etc.

xx

They even make flavored baby rice. We weaned at 15 weeks under pediatrician recommendation for reflux.

She doesn't like plain rice cereal so much but she loves the flavored ones and/or the plain ones with a little fruit mixed in. She prefers oatmeal now, but will still eat some rice cereal.

Accidentally fed my 7 week old a piece of cookie :/
I'd been eating one of these large Asda bakery cookies, and dropped a bit down my top :blush: Anyway, since I had danny sleeping across me I didnt want to disturb him so just left it as it had lodged down my cleavage :dohh:
Later on, danny woke up, started demanding a boob, so i unbuttoned shirt and let him decide what boob he wanted to bob to (we're doing the upright feeding positions due to reflux and fast flow) while half watching TV oops)
I noticed he was making an odd sucking noise and had stopped bobbing but had his head back...and seemed confused while making this odd sucking noise but with no hand or anything near his mouth, then i seen something white....at first i thought was a bit conjealed milk/puke and stuck my pinkie in to remove it as it looked quite large, and hooked out a chunk of soggy cookie , about 1.5 X 2cm :S
oops

Sophia was in her swing, half asleep and half awake and I was enjoying my lunch (First time in a LONG time that I've even had lunch!) and she started to poop. I left her in there for a good 5 minutes after she was done so I could finish my lunch. She wasn't fussy and went on like she didn't even do anything. I felt bad but I wanted my hot lunch, too!

Sophia was in her swing, half asleep and half awake and I was enjoying my lunch (First time in a LONG time that I've even had lunch!) and she started to poop. I left her in there for a good 5 minutes after she was done so I could finish my lunch. She wasn't fussy and went on like she didn't even do anything. I felt bad but I wanted my hot lunch, too!

I did that once, Flynn did a poo and I always wait a couple of mins after before I cange him as he usually does 2 or 3 in a row, my phone rang and I completely forgot he'd pooed and half hour later wondered why he was fussy and what te smell was... Felt really guilty buy he didn't care.
Yesterday I was cuddling Flynn coz he was really unsettled, we had been out and had been out too long so he got overstimulated and then couldn't settle, I was giving him a cuddle and he pulled his head back and headbutted be really hard in the top lip, just missed my nose, it would have broken it it was that hard, I could taste blood where te inside of my lip had cut against my teeth and flynn had a bump and red mark on his head but didn't seem anymore grumpy than he already was dispite me shoving him in his dads arms and then crying for ages. Apart from letting him get overtired that wasn't the bad mummy moment, that came about 5min after the headbutt when I was still upset and bleeding and Flynn was still crying so I gave him half a dose of calpol even though he didn't really need it but it finally settled him then 2 hours later when he woke up grumpy again I dipped his dummy in calpol so he would sleep... I feel awful I medicated my baby because I was hurt and couldn't cope with both of us bring upset. :cry:
His bump has gone but my lip is still really sore and a bit thick and I can feel the cuts all the time.

Maria kept waking up screaming last night and nothing would calm her down or comfort her, she would fight out of my arms, so in the end I put her in the cot and just lay in my bed next to her trying to hold her hand as she screamed til she fell asleep :( I have no idea what was wrong with her :(

Maria kept waking up screaming last night and nothing would calm her down or comfort her, she would fight out of my arms, so in the end I put her in the cot and just lay in my bed next to her trying to hold her hand as she screamed til she fell asleep :( I have no idea what was wrong with her :(

I had to do this last night....:cry:

just went to kiss him on the cheek for making massive smiles and grins.....poked him in eye with my nose :/ he screamed.....

Didn't know where else to put this.

I have been feeling like a bad Mummy cos of a thread I read about early weaning. My LO was weaned early for medical reasons! I don't even know anyone who has waited the reccomended time. Not a single person, I don't know if it's different in Scotland but the advice her isn't even 6 months? It's around 4months but before 6months.

We all have babies no more than 3months apart from youngest to oldest. So I weaned at 11 weeks, my sister weaned both my nephews at around 16 weeks, my best friend weaned at 12weeks. My other friend weaned older at about 20weeks, another not-so-close friend weaned at 9weeks and my friend from worked weaned her little girl at 14weeks. So we are all awful mothers and going to have LO's very ill and allergic to everything *slaps face*

Eeek

No noooooo... that doesn't make you a bad mommy silly. Everyone does things different. They didn't reccommend me stop breastfeeding at 6 weeks but I had no choice as my boobs gave up. So it should go by mothers choice. Not by what you read sometimes love.

You did it for medical reasons Stardust, the docs worked out that the benefits outweighed the risks so you did the right thing in your situation :hugs:

No noooooo... that doesn't make you a bad mommy silly. Everyone does things different. They didn't reccommend me stop breastfeeding at 6 weeks but I had no choice as my boobs gave up. So it should go by mothers choice. Not by what you read sometimes love.

My boobs gave up at 7 and a half weeks ! god knows what i was doing wrong! felt so guilty buying my first tub of formula! xx

Maria was crawling around yesterday and she got stuck. My first thought? Take a picture....instead of rescuing her :blush:

HAHA i did this!! check out my pic of LO almost falling out his bouncer lol!

Attachments

• harry in bouncer.jpg
    harry in bouncer.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 23
Just made up some formula..put 6 ounces of water in and 7 scoops....didnt realise till LO had drank almost the whole lot *doh* xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->