The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

Wtf, some people shouldn't reproduce. Makes me so sad for the women who ttc for a long time (like me! 2 years!) or women who can't reproduce at all.

i am a firm believer that you should have to earn a license to be able to reproduce

MUST READ!

You think you ladies are bad???! You won't believe what I saw at Walmart last night.

I heard screaming from a couple aisles down "Shut up! Why are you crying?!"
Me, the nosy one, goes to see whats going on. This lady is standing in the aisle, yelling at her baby thats sitting in the carseat on the shopping cart. Her son couldn't have been over 5 months old. She was screaming at the top of her lungs for him to be quiet and she hates him and such. Meanwhile there is a crowd gathering.

Oh wait ladies..keep reading.

She then snatches her up her child by his foot holding him upside down and starts to slap him over and over again in the face "Why don't you just STFU?!"
I guess mothers instinct kicked or something. I came at her and was screaming "What the F**K are you doing!?!?!"

LUCKILY, the police where already at WalMart arresting a shop lifter. They came and arrested the lady and tried to calm the baby down who was black and blue in the face.
I cried ladies. It was like a horror movie. I couldn't even phathem the THOUGHT of hitting Xavier that young. An innocent baby who was probably just hungry or needed a diaper change.

SO no, you are NOT bad mommys. THIS mommy deserves to go to jail FOREVER.

Yes the mum could have been a horrible awful person, and of course that story brought me to tears thinking of that poor baby. But also the poor mum I have got to feel sorry for.

To do something like that in public, in front of people, really goes to show just how out of control that woman was. She is just a likely to have a mental illness as not have one - there may have been post-natal depression or puerperal psychosis going on, nobody knows. Or it could have just been poor stress management - maybe she never learned coping skills.
I feel bad for her because she will have to live with what she has done - and she may not even have memory of it. We don't know her story. I don't think jailing her forever is really the answer - some intense psychological help is definitely needed, whether she has what would be classed as mental illness or severe psychological distress - either way, I don't believe people can be purposely "bad" or evil. Anyway, I just felt the need to put in my 2 cents, although I'm sure others will disagree - my biological mother was abusive towards me when I was a baby until I was removed from her care, but now, knowing all the available facts, I can't put the whole blame on her. Just like I can't put the entire blame on this woman either. Anyone can snap.

MUST READ!

You think you ladies are bad???! You won't believe what I saw at Walmart last night.

I heard screaming from a couple aisles down "Shut up! Why are you crying?!"
Me, the nosy one, goes to see whats going on. This lady is standing in the aisle, yelling at her baby thats sitting in the carseat on the shopping cart. Her son couldn't have been over 5 months old. She was screaming at the top of her lungs for him to be quiet and she hates him and such. Meanwhile there is a crowd gathering.

Oh wait ladies..keep reading.

She then snatches her up her child by his foot holding him upside down and starts to slap him over and over again in the face "Why don't you just STFU?!"
I guess mothers instinct kicked or something. I came at her and was screaming "What the F**K are you doing!?!?!"

LUCKILY, the police where already at WalMart arresting a shop lifter. They came and arrested the lady and tried to calm the baby down who was black and blue in the face.
I cried ladies. It was like a horror movie. I couldn't even phathem the THOUGHT of hitting Xavier that young. An innocent baby who was probably just hungry or needed a diaper change.

SO no, you are NOT bad mommys. THIS mommy deserves to go to jail FOREVER.

Yes the mum could have been a horrible awful person, and of course that story brought me to tears thinking of that poor baby. But also the poor mum I have got to feel sorry for.

To do something like that in public, in front of people, really goes to show just how out of control that woman was. She is just a likely to have a mental illness as not have one - there may have been post-natal depression or puerperal psychosis going on, nobody knows. Or it could have just been poor stress management - maybe she never learned coping skills.
I feel bad for her because she will have to live with what she has done - and she may not even have memory of it. We don't know her story. I don't think jailing her forever is really the answer - some intense psychological help is definitely needed, whether she has what would be classed as mental illness or severe psychological distress - either way, I don't believe people can be purposely "bad" or evil. Anyway, I just felt the need to put in my 2 cents, although I'm sure others will disagree - my biological mother was abusive towards me when I was a baby until I was removed from her care, but now, knowing all the available facts, I can't put the whole blame on her. Just like I can't put the entire blame on this woman either. Anyone can snap.

I agree with this ^^

I have to agree with what booda said in a previous post. Just like booda said we don't know the whole situation. I see most women on here jumping on this woman's case, saying how she should have never reproduced, etc. I am sorry but judging a woman on one incident when not knowing the whole story is wrong.
I am pretty sure even if you don't know it someone is judging you while you are out. Have you ever had an incident when you are out at the store and your child / children are throwing temper tantrums (for parents of older children) or your young child is just inconsolable? We all have been there, no most of us will not react in the way this woman did, but we have all gotten those looks.

I know that you might disagree, but not only should you feel bad for this child but the mother as well. There is a good chance that she may lose her child, and for good.
Ask yourself this...how did things get so bad that she resorted to screaming at and beating the child? Did she not have support around her at home? Did she have warning signs before this incident? Has this happened before, and why did no one notice? Is she suffering from post postpartum depression or some other mental defect?
Again, before you pass judgement, think about what lead up to that point.
Will her losing her child and going to jail help? Honestly, probably not. Unless the root of the problem is address it will most likely happen again, and then again people will pass judgment on what a horrible mother she is because she was never given the help she needed.
Sadly, jail will not address the root of the issue.

I see most women on here jumping on this woman's case, saying how she should have never reproduced, etc. I am sorry but judging a woman on one incident when not knowing the whole story is wrong.

I don't need to know the whole story to know that beating your child for ANY reason is wrong. If she was doing THAT in public then what do you think she would do behind closed doors? Who knows if this is the first time it's happened to the poor child, but I doubt it. I doubt that the first time she beat her child (and could have possibly been to death if she wasn't in a public place) was in front of people. Her doing that in public might have just saved that poor baby's life.

It's unfortunate that her child probably won't know her now, but hopefully a loving and deserving couple will take the child in as their own and give the child the life it deserves.

I do feel sorry for the Mum but I think the baby is most important here, Mum should be given help and support too as I doubt she is in her "right mind" but most importantly baby should go somewhere safe, happy and loving for the rest of his life xx

Now I don't feel like such a bad mum for last nights incident...LO has been waking in the night the last couple of weeks now (sleep regression!) so last night we had the usual fidgeting talking and whining every couple of hours...last night he seemed extra fussy but thought it was his teeth ( teething also, someone somewhere really doesn't want me to sleep) so put some bonjela on his dummy and we all fell back sleep...turns out it was his full pooey nappy giving him some serious issues felt so bad when I opened it up in the morning and it was all dried and stuck to his bum...felt like the worst mum in the world! X

Mama- I have done that before and felt TERRIBLE. However- it was the most rare midnight poo! I used to check every time but after a month + of no dirty (or even wet) bum I just let her go for the night- no point in waking her up extra just to "check" to see if she was dirty. I've since learned that if she is extra fussy (and now on solids- extra stinky!) she might have a dirty bum.

As for the mom- Sure she may not have had support and I agree with looking at it from her side and I do hope that she can plead some sort of insanity and get the help she needs and work towards resolving her issues. BUT right now I'm furious at the thought of it and having been around 2 close friends/relative having still births in the last year I can't help but be angry. My friends would give anything for their child and then stories of people doing things like this really breaks my heart. Mental Illness or not.

I also believe in some reproductive guidelines lol.

I just wanted to throw in here that I wasn't judging her. As a mom with a 'mental illness' I totally can relate....but I don't care what her reasons were, beating a child is wrong for any reason. Nothing can rationalize that. If there is some sort of mental problem, I hope she gets help and I am sorry for her. But I can't make excuses of any sort for hurting a child like that.

Bad mommy moment - I dropped my phone on midget's head lol

I am not saying her behavior should be excused. In no way what she did was right and she should be punished for it.

What I am saying is she shouldn't spend the rest of her life in jail. Jail never helps anyone. Again, we don't if she was in her right mind at all. Coming from a family of bi-polar disorder I know that things happen. My step - daughter was diagnosed with bi-polar, one minute she is completely happy the next minute she is screaming and threatening to kill her mom.

Personally, I feel for both the baby and the mother. And it is sad that the mother will probably never get the help she needs.

I will be the first one to admit I have overly stressful days, but I would never hurt my child. If I feel that I am getting to a point that i might hurt my child, even if I don't mean it. I call someone or ask for help so I don't end up like her.

I just banged Harry's head on the laptop when picking him up :( - he had a little cry but got over it pretty much straight away...I thought I'd gotten away with it until I went downstairs and my mum said "what's that red mark on his head?" :dohh:

I agree that jail would fix nothing. Tbh I'm almost more shocked by the crowd of people just watching and doing nothing

I hope this day would never come but it was bound to anyway... LO was having tummy time under the jungle gym (which had some how shifted itself off the carpet and half on the wooden floor....) he started to roll from his tummy onto his back ... i was watching him and lept off the sofa but didnt make it in time *bonk* ...sob sob sob... i felt bad but he just had a little wimper and was fine...uh if only i had moved a bit quicker...its like when u knock a glass off the side... u could catch it if your brain would have jumped into action a bit quicker but instead u just watch it fall to the floor :( xxxx

Oh yeah almost forgot... yesterday LO was having a hard time with teething...or so i thought... gave him calpol....did nothing....gave him cold teething rings....nothing....gave him ibrofen in a last bid to dull the pain...still nothing...why is he so upset and cross??....few mins later i hadnt realised he had gone quiet...uh whats that smell?? omg big poo's !!!! lol it was everywhere so that was the reason !!! oops just drugged my baby for nothing xxx

Oh yeah almost forgot... yesterday LO was having a hard time with teething...or so i thought... gave him calpol....did nothing....gave him cold teething rings....nothing....gave him ibrofen in a last bid to dull the pain...still nothing...why is he so upset and cross??....few mins later i hadnt realised he had gone quiet...uh whats that smell?? omg big poo's !!!! lol it was everywhere so that was the reason !!! oops just drugged my baby for nothing xxx

I came on to post that I drugged my baby yesterday with baby Tylenol. She was just screaming her head off and we tried everything. Just feel bad that I *hoped* the Tylenol would knock her out and we'd have some peace for a bit! :blush:

This one scared me so much my heart was in my mouth :(

Me and OH were taking the firewood down to the basement and Maria was crawling around the kitchen so I told OH to shut the door to the stairs (very dangerous hard concrete stairs) behind him as we went down but I didn't look to check that he did. He didn't hear me and left the door open and Maria followed us! Luckily she just sat on the top step but if she had fallen down that would have been a terrible, broken bones at least I'm sure :( Was never so scared as when I saw her up there :(

I have been known to give my LO a dose of both nurofen and calpol in the hope that at least one of them will make her sleepy so I can get a break :blush: xx

I used to hope they would make Maria sleepy but they never do, nothing does :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->