The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

I drop food on wiggles all the time :/ I've never licked it off though.

Although i did have to lick medicine off her chin because i had no free hand to wipe it off and i needed to catch it before it went into the folds of her neck.

:cry: This last couple of days has not been good. Saturday I moved her bag and I accidently pushed some mail on top of her head (she was sitting in her bouncy on the floor). the mail contained a magazine and it hit her right under her eye.

Today she fell of the bed. She's got some bruising on her face plus a blue eye. I can't get that horrible thump and then cry out of my head. :cry:

Maria was crawling around under my feet while I was cooking and I accidently stood on her hand :(

My LO fell off the bed today too. Since she's started rolling everywhere I've blocked her in with pillows when I've had to put her on the bed. Well she dove over the pillow onto the floor today. Major thump, though she didn't cry til I asked her if she was okay. No bruising yet, she's spent most of the morning complaining to her Eeyore... :(

After a rather rubbish night sleep, yr old up with cough, 2 yr old up for some reason and LO up at 4 for a feed i was knackered.
Did kids school run, came home quick tidy up of house load washing machine etc
LO was asleep in his bouncy chair, 2yr old was playing with his cars on the floor.
i was sat on the sofa watching some rubbish on telly.........
next thing i knew i was waking up!!!
the panic which rose from me when the 2 yr old wasnt sat on floor playing with cars !!!
i found him in the dinning room lining his cars up on the table!! i only dropped of for 5/10 minutes but it was horrible to wake up and realise i had dropped off !

After a rather rubbish night sleep, yr old up with cough, 2 yr old up for some reason and LO up at 4 for a feed i was knackered.
Did kids school run, came home quick tidy up of house load washing machine etc
LO was asleep in his bouncy chair, 2yr old was playing with his cars on the floor.
i was sat on the sofa watching some rubbish on telly.........
next thing i knew i was waking up!!!
the panic which rose from me when the 2 yr old wasnt sat on floor playing with cars !!!
i found him in the dinning room lining his cars up on the table!! i only dropped of for 5/10 minutes but it was horrible to wake up and realise i had dropped off !
You know, I keep reading about mums who have woken to find their toddlers doing things they shouldn't and saying "I decided to have a nap and this was what happened when I woke up" and I just think - why??? But apparently it is a common and acceptable thing to do. I have had times when I've dozed off when Abby is up but she can't walk or crawl so I know she is always safe. I just can't imagine choosing to do it if she were actually toddling.

Having said that, I fell asleep for over 20 minutes on the sofa the other day whilst she was in her chair doing some drawing. I woke up and she was just sitting there looking at me and I felt awful - she must have been so bored!

my laziness to change her diapers some nights.. when i'm too sleepy... feel so guilty and bad at times about tht... :dohh:

Was changing a VERY poopy diaper today and before I could even start LO got his feet loose from my hand and kicked in his poo :sick: I said loudly (not yelling) Landon stop moving!!!! I feel bad raising my voice at him :( but there was poo EVERYWHERE!! :sick:

I smelt (and heard!) Maria do a poo this morning but I thought I'd ignore it for a bit cos I was in the middle of lighting the fire :blush: but karma paid me back cos it exploded and was all over her clothes :dohh:

my laziness to change her diapers some nights.. when i'm too sleepy... feel so guilty and bad at times about tht... :dohh:
hehe i never change LO's nappies overnight unless theres poo involved (he makes such a fuss over poo you KNOW when there's poo!)
When he wakes for feeds i just give it a squeeze and if it's not at bursting point then i don't bother!

On saying that, most nappies are designed to take moisture away from the skin and absorb 12 hours of a small babies pee - says on the packets anyway =D plus if he properly wakes up then he's awake all day...doesn't nap....

Confession: Put him back in carseat after he'd had a mega-tantrum going round asdas, he instantly woke up and started screaming again - automatically i told him "ohmygod you've been carried about for over an hour my arms are dead my back's fucked for christ's sake stop behaving like a spoiled brat!" :shrug: no idea where it came from, was one of these odd moments when i sort of forget he's mine and think that obviousy "the parent" is just spoiling him....uh huh then feel really stupid when it suddenly dawns on me that "the parent" spoiling him is only going to be me :blush:

I need a brick to the head sometimes....

hehe i never change LO's nappies overnight unless theres poo involved (he makes such a fuss over poo you KNOW when there's poo!)
When he wakes for feeds i just give it a squeeze and if it's not at bursting point then i don't bother!

On saying that, most nappies are designed to take moisture away from the skin and absorb 12 hours of a small babies pee - says on the packets anyway =D plus if he properly wakes up then he's awake all day...doesn't nap....

Confession: Put him back in carseat after he'd had a mega-tantrum going round asdas, he instantly woke up and started screaming again - automatically i told him "ohmygod you've been carried about for over an hour my arms are dead my back's fucked for christ's sake stop behaving like a spoiled brat!" :shrug: no idea where it came from, was one of these odd moments when i sort of forget he's mine and think that obviousy "the parent" is just spoiling him....uh huh then feel really stupid when it suddenly dawns on me that "the parent" spoiling him is only going to be me :blush:

I need a brick to the head sometimes....

ughhh I had one of those moments when I was at the mall on Monday. Poor baby is teething and started screaming as soon as we arrived. Nothing worked to calm him, so obviously for the sake of the other shoppers I cut my shopping time short. When we got to the car I said "Ok we are at the freaking car now" It just flew out of my mouth and I felt awful. Poor baby can't help he is cutting serious teeth and me the dumbass forgot his baby advil :nope:

I have learned today how hard it is to be lonely- with only little man for company. I suppose it doesn't help when pregnancy issues are now causing trouble post pregnancy!
I am thinking the winter will be hard if the weather continues this way- there will be no chance of getting out in storms/ice etc so means just two of us.

Also my OH is not getting this baby blues thing at all...he thinks I am lucky to stay at home all day with no adult conversation, constant nappy changes/changes of clothes, being puked/pee'd on, and add crying baby for no reason for 6 plus hours and sore tummy on my part preventing me from eating more than 1 small meal a day!

Sorry for ranting I will go crazy if I don't get it out.

I have learned today how hard it is to be lonely- with only little man for company. I suppose it doesn't help when pregnancy issues are now causing trouble post pregnancy!
I am thinking the winter will be hard if the weather continues this way- there will be no chance of getting out in storms/ice etc so means just two of us.

Also my OH is not getting this baby blues thing at all...he thinks I am lucky to stay at home all day with no adult conversation, constant nappy changes/changes of clothes, being puked/pee'd on, and add crying baby for no reason for 6 plus hours and sore tummy on my part preventing me from eating more than 1 small meal a day!

Sorry for ranting I will go crazy if I don't get it out.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
I know exactly how you feel. I had my LO last winter (no getting out of the house) via c-sec (sore as heck) and had the baby blues my SO did not understand that, he also thought I was lucky to stay home with a cranky baby all day....All I can say is IT WILL GET BETTER, I promise you that. This too shall pass mama! I know you are probably tired of hearing that but it is so true. Just hang in there and we are all here for you x

I just realised today that I haven't brushed Maria's hair in over 3 weeks - its a mess! :blush:

Some nights, I seriously cannot wait for it to be Brayden's bedtime.

Some nights, I seriously cannot wait for it to be Brayden's bedtime.

I have definitely thought this too. Especially when she's cranky and I have to keep her up otherwise she'll wake up in the middle of the night. :hugs:

Ok, this has got to be one of the worst ones.... By far !!

My lo was having the last bottle of the day before bed and I was worried cuz there was a really weird smell coming from his ears. I started to panic because I thought he may have an infection. Told oh and was going to make a doctors appointment for him but forgot . Put him to bed again last night as normal in his baby gro bag and realised it wasn't his ears that smelt, it was a collection of old dried milk on his baby gro bag. Omg! Got it off him as quick as I could lol woooops xxxx

Ok, this has got to be one of the worst ones.... By far !!

My lo was having the last bottle of the day before bed and I was worried cuz there was a really weird smell coming from his ears. I started to panic because I thought he may have an infection. Told oh and was going to make a doctors appointment for him but forgot . Put him to bed again last night as normal in his baby gro bag and realised it wasn't his ears that smelt, it was a collection of old dried milk on his baby gro bag. Omg! Got it off him as quick as I could lol woooops xxxx

:rofl:

My LO has this cuddly teddy that she takes everywhere with us and cuddles, sucks etc. Well, I bought a spare but she doesn't like teddy being washed and wakes about 8 times a night for a week or so until she gets used to the new smell so I try to avoid washing it BUT...

It really stinks. She drinks her milk at bedtime and then sucks on teddy so it smells like really sour, off milk. The smell is revolting!! xx

I went to check on LO last night and although he was swaddled he managed to pull the covers right over his face :cry: Scared me silly it is so lucky I checked when I did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->