The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

Went for family pictures the other day and the photographer brought this tutu and a flower headband for my DD. She said "I know it's cold out and I'm not sure if you would want any of these ...." I grinned and proclaimed "UMM SHE CAN BE COLD FOR A FEW MINUTES IF I CAN GET A PICTURE IN THAT CHRISTMAS TUTU!" Dh shook his head at me. OOPSY!

ETA The pictures I saw so far are GREAT!

I went to check on LO last night and although he was swaddled he managed to pull the covers right over his face :cry: Scared me silly it is so lucky I checked when I did.

My LO did this the other day! I pooped myself and I haven't been able to sleep soundly since as I have to keep checking she hasn't done it again.

Maria split her lip today :( She gets too excited sometimes and tries to run across the little steps between rooms and trips over, I guess she landed bad (I was asleep at the time - thats the bad mummy bit but OH was supposed to be looking after her!)

I went to check on LO last night and although he was swaddled he managed to pull the covers right over his face :cry: Scared me silly it is so lucky I checked when I did.

My LO did this the other day! I pooped myself and I haven't been able to sleep soundly since as I have to keep checking she hasn't done it again.

Must be the age! He's usually in a sleeping bag but threw up on every single one.

Must be the age! He's usually in a sleeping bag but threw up on every single one.

Probably is an age thing. I want to stop swaddling her but it's a bit of a challenge as her jerk reflex is so strong she just wakes herself up as I put her down.

She hasn't covered her face since that one time and when she did it was during the day and she woke up and was moaning about it. I'm just paranoid about her sleeping in general. I panic if she has a lie in lol.

I let my DH drive the car today a block without the baby in his car seat (I was holding him on my lap) It was at the end of a dead-end road with no traffic and we didn't go over 5 mph but I still feel guilty about it.

i made living room roasting hot today so LO would sleep for longer so i could get a nap AND do the washing lol :)

Ha ha, and i thought I was alone with the guilt list! My worst would be clipping my son's thumb whilst trying to cut his nails. I cried more than he did and was convinced he would never trust me again. My husband called me the butcher after that!!

Ha ha, and i thought I was alone with the guilt list! My worst would be clipping my son's thumb whilst trying to cut his nails. I cried more than he did and was convinced he would never trust me again. My husband called me the butcher after that!!

We've done that! lots! my OH even did it just b4 we went to get LO weighed...i had to put a reli tiny lttle plaster on him! not a good look! lol
Bet they looked down their noses at as cuz we're 20 and 26 years old :/
xx

I'm now a professional at cutting LO's nails. LOL. He still hates it but I haven't cut him since he was 6 weeks old...fingers crossed it stays that way.

I'm now a professional at cutting LO's nails. LOL. He still hates it but I haven't cut him since he was 6 weeks old...fingers crossed it stays that way.

Me too I use scissors now not clippers they are so much easier ! Xx

Okay I have carried this with me for three months I still feel awful :cry: the 2nd night after I got home from the hospital after having lo I was siting on my bed holding him. When my 8 yr who I might add is more then able to get up and make him own drink was throwing a :hissy: for me to get up and go and get it for him.. So I felt guilty because I have not paid a lot of attention to him for the past week so with lo in my arms I started to get up and when I did I tripped on my stool by my bed and hit my 3day on baby's head on the corner of my bed :cry::cry::cry: I garbed his head and ran to the bathroom I just knew when I took my hand off it was going to be bleeding but :nope::nope: . I got the lo to stop :cry: but it took me a lot longer to stop :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: lo is fine but I still feel awful for what I did.......

Bad one today :( I was just cleaning up after Maria's dinner and she wandered off into the bedroom and she must have tripped or something (I didn't see) and fell nose first into the wooden stool there. Her nose is quite swollen and bruised and I'm worried it might be broken :( :cry: Does it look broken? Or is it just bruised?
https://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u143/generalgayer/9354f18f.jpg

Did it bleed? I've never seen a broken nose that didn't bleed horrendously. It looks bruised and swollen but I think it's more the top of the nose. Be prepared for black eyes tomorrow xx

I think it should be okay, maybe get it checked just incase. I'm no doctor and would hate to say it's fine and be wrong :-( Don't feel guilty at all though, my LO has just started walking properly and fell and whacked her head off the door today. She also has a scar on her cheek from hitting it off a drawer a few months ago.

xx

We're gonna see how it looks in the morning and if its still so swollen we'll go see her nurse.

Oh dear, your poor baby :(

Maria just keeps hurting herself, she sat in her cot earlier whacking the back of her head against the bars repeatedly.

We're gonna see how it looks in the morning and if its still so swollen we'll go see her nurse.

Oh dear, your poor baby :(

Maria just keeps hurting herself, she sat in her cot earlier whacking the back of her head against the bars repeatedly.

:dohh: My LO's favourite game is to run from one side of the cot to the other throwing herself at the bars and bouncing on the mattress :rofl: She's going to hurt herself!!

I have a few Bad Mummy Moments to get off my chest -

On Friday night I had a salty, greasy takeaway pizza and gave LO half a slice and also dipped it in garlic mayo for her so I could enjoy it in peace haha.

Last night I got into bed and realised I hadn't taken my contact lenses out,I was tired and lazy so just took them out and sat them on the bedside unit (they're soft disposable ones). Well I brought LO into the room this morning and she ATE them, I couldn't get them out her mouth and she seemed to rather enjoy them.

My make-up sponge also has a suspicious looking "bite" out of it.

OH turned his back yesterday and caught LO holding onto the cats tail and pulling backwards with all her might. Cat was not impressed :rofl:

I also took her to my friends today and my friend had a full bottle of juice for her LO out (I don't agree with juice in a bottle at all). My LO picked it up and I let her drink the whole bottle since I only see this friend a few times a year and I didn't want to make a fuss!

I want LO to look pretty yesterday but every time I tie her hair up it all falls out as it's so thin and whispy. So I sprayed the *teeniest* little bit of hairspray on it.

Ring Social Services now :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->