The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

My LO fell off the bed yesterday :/

I put her down, propped up against my pillows and I guess they were a little too high because only a split second after I looked away, she'd fallen onto the floor in a heap.

I felt terrible! I didn't pay proper attention to where I was putting her because I've done it so many times before. She just got plonked down and I hadn't made sure she was safe before I turned away from her.

To make matters worse, she hit the side of the bin, it landed on her head and I screamed, lifted it up, pulled a tissue off her face and she just stuck out her bottom lip and started sobbing her little heart out :cry:

I still can't forgive myself! x

My LO fell off the bed yesterday :/

I put her down, propped up against my pillows and I guess they were a little too high because only a split second after I looked away, she'd fallen onto the floor in a heap.

I felt terrible! I didn't pay proper attention to where I was putting her because I've done it so many times before. She just got plonked down and I hadn't made sure she was safe before I turned away from her.

To make matters worse, she hit the side of the bin, it landed on her head and I screamed, lifted it up, pulled a tissue off her face and she just stuck out her bottom lip and started sobbing her little heart out :cry:

I still can't forgive myself! x

I packed pillows around my baby on our bed yesterday, she was asleep. Apparently she woke up and tried to crawl off the bed and fell. ((hugs)) We all do it.

When Ryan woke from his afternoon nap today I could hear that he had stood up and was playing with his monitor which is rested on the bar at the back of his cot. You can talk through the parent unit to the main unit in lo's bedroom so I pushed the talk button and said 'watcha doing', thinking it would entertain him. The volume must have been high or it must have made him jump though because he started crying. I ran through and grabbed him up but he was sobbing so hard.................and all I could do was laugh :haha: I'm such a terrible mummy :nope:

When Ryan woke from his afternoon nap today I could hear that he had stood up and was playing with his monitor which is rested on the bar at the back of his cot. You can talk through the parent unit to the main unit in lo's bedroom so I pushed the talk button and said 'watcha doing', thinking it would entertain him. The volume must have been high or it must have made him jump though because he started crying. I ran through and grabbed him up but he was sobbing so hard.................and all I could do was laugh :haha: I'm such a terrible mummy :nope:

:rofl:

I'd have done the same! When LO has a stupid fall/slip etc. that we can see coming me and OH often laugh!

I would have laughed too! I'm always sneaking up behind Maria and shouting to scare her -she loves it though :haha:

I was quite angry at Maria and shouted at her today :( but she bit me on the belly earlier and then in sauna she twisted my nipple! :growlmad:

I would have laughed too! I'm always sneaking up behind Maria and shouting to scare her -she loves it though :haha:

I was quite angry at Maria and shouted at her today :( but she bit me on the belly earlier and then in sauna she twisted my nipple! :growlmad:

Oooh naughty Maria!!

So, I have been letting LO have more free reign of the flat (we live in a flat so she can get everywhere, it's just about baby proofed from serious/life threatening injuries haha) and teaching her the things she can/can't touch. It's been going well, she knows not to touch the photos on the TV unit and not to touch the cat litter tray. The dogs bowl is so fascinating to her so we're still working on that :dohh:

I was in the bedroom making the bed when LO wandered through covered in water and I knew straight away she'd been in the dog's bowl as I'd forgotten to lift it. I thought "Hmmmm, how do I deal with this" so decided to take LO to show her what'd she'd done was naughty.

So we're standing in the kitchen I'm pointing at the mess she's made on the floor with the dogs bowl sternly saying "No, bad, naughty, NO NO NO" before I realise I am talking to her exactly like one of my dogs and she probably has no idea what I'm trying to point out anyway :rofl: Bad Mummy!

She also put OH's p45 down the toilet today, I'm trying to dry it on the heater but I don't think he'll be amused when he comes home.

And she's had 3 cookies today because she keeps helping herself - I need to swap my cupboards around cos the biscuit one is down low and she just helps herself!!!

:rofl: I'm trying to teach Maria no too as she keeps pulling the washing down but she just thinks its a game :dohh:

Today me and OH were having pancakes so I made Maria one then I realised it was nap time so I put her down to sleep and ate her pancake :blush:

And just a little while ago she fell and hit her head so I gave her booby to cheer her up but when I put her down I accidently let her fall and hit her head, again :(

I dropped her bid Avent flower thermometer on her head this morning, she looked horrified, paused, then screwed up her face and screamed, she calmed down surprisingly quick though and luckily no harm apart from a small red mark which has now disappeared, I felt so bad and is the first accident we have had! x

This morning i made jacob a healthy beakfast of pineapple and weetabix and i had... Co co pops. Felt guilty eating them in front of him, museli it is tomorrow

I like to sleep in, Elia doesnt.. so this morning a 5 am when she was all happy and awake I put her in her bouncy chair, put the bouncy chair in the middle of my bed and went to sleep beside it while she cooed and gurgled at the dangling winnie the poo...

I kinda feel guilty about not giving her the attention she wanted...

but then again not really....lol :blush:

I like to sleep in, Elia doesnt.. so this morning a 5 am when she was all happy and awake I put her in her bouncy chair, put the bouncy chair in the middle of my bed and went to sleep beside it while she cooed and gurgled at the dangling winnie the poo...

I kinda feel guilty about not giving her the attention she wanted...

but then again not really....lol :blush:

5am jeez!!! I wouldn't even lift my LO out of the cot until she screamed :rofl: Enjoy your sleep!

Lastnight I was trimming his nails but I was so tired I caught the side of his fingers, twice...

Feel awful :(

Lastnight I was trimming his nails but I was so tired I caught the side of his fingers, twice...

Feel awful :(

Oh dear, did it bleed? When it bleeds it's like a heamorrage or something... dead scary! I thought I was going to have to take my newborn to A+E after clipping her fingers with the nail clippers haha

:haha:sorry i laughed there.

i made lo cry by laughing at him yday :( lol i was laughing at his face (he went to suck my belly in the bath - hes sucking everything - and he didnt like the water, so the face he pulled was so funny) he stared at me 4 ages then started 2 cry, he stopped once i gave him a cuddle though :)

And just a little while ago she fell and hit her head so I gave her booby to cheer her up but when I put her down I accidently let her fall and hit her head, again :(

Do you ever feel self conscious taking the baby out with a mark on their head. I do. :blush:

Do you ever feel self conscious taking the baby out with a mark on their head. I do. :blush:

I used to but not anymore as she nearly always has some bump or bruise now.

I used to but not anymore as she nearly always has some bump or bruise now.

I'm not over that yet. It's pretty rare Avery doesn't have a bruise or scratch on her. It's not like I beat her.

much :haha:

Avery's newest game is bringing me things. She loves if you toss her ball so she can bring it back to you. Is it wrong of me to shout fetch?

Not wrong at all, I always say fetch - thats how I taught her to do it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->