The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

Lastnight I was trimming his nails but I was so tired I caught the side of his fingers, twice...

Feel awful :(

Oh dear, did it bleed? When it bleeds it's like a heamorrage or something... dead scary! I thought I was going to have to take my newborn to A+E after clipping her fingers with the nail clippers haha

No blood luckily just yelling, still need to finish his nails!

When I was pregnant with my youngest, I had a hematoma early in pregnancy so I was on strict bed rest from 10-15 weeks. My dh still had to work and I had no outside help. I would just lay in bed, and usually had the kids in my room with me who were 2 and 4 yrs old at the time. They were always getting into things they shouldn't. One day they were in the kitchen, I could hear them and they seemed fine. My dh came home about half hour later and told me to go in the kitchen. Both my daughters had gone through my spice cupboard and opened and dumped every last container of spice onto the kitchen floor(about 20 of them). Then they had dumped cups of water from the sink onto the floor and had a good time smearing it and splashing in it. Sad to say I could smell spicy-ness a little earlier, but I didnt dare move. My husband had to clean it all and our house stunk like garlic/cumin/oregano etc. the next couple days

Ooh, this is a bad one.

The night before last LO was awake almost all night screaming. She wasn't hungry, too hot, too cold - nothing. She was even in my bed which is rare now but still wouldn't stop. I managed to get her asleep at about 4am, lying on my chest. We got up at 7am, I changed her and she had a dirty nappy :( Didn't think to check as she never poos in the night anymore and I have a heavy cold and actually can't smell a thing. Not only that, she was red raw with nappy rash. Hence the screaming. I've now had two days of no nappy, just knickers and countless wet floors but it seems to be improving. I cried when I changed her and feel so awful and useless thinking about the pain she must have been in!

xx
Happened to me with my 1st dd. She often woke in the middle of the night or early morning crying. She was 1 yr at the time and I was tired of it. There wasnt a reason other than she wanted attention. Me or dh would go in and get her to go back to sleep. One time, very early in the morning, she started crying. We ignored it a while. She screamed a while so my dh went in a moment to get her to sleep. He didnt pick her up. She kept screaming and screaming, he went out, she screamed some more. Not unusual for her at all. She finally went back to sleep and a few hours later I went in and grabbed her to get ready for church. I went to change her diaper and realized it was poopy. She never pooped at night. Her bum was practically bleeding it was so bright red and raw. She screamed when I wiped her so I had to rinse her bum off with warm water. I felt so bad. I was scared to ever let her cry without checking her after that.
Another time I stupidly let her eat several prunes when she was 1 yr. She loved them and kept asking for more. A few hours later she had diarrhea after diarrhea after diarrhea. Her bum was so raw, she screamed every time she went. And she kept going and going every few minutes. I finally took her diaper off and stuck her in the empty tub with a coloring book and crayons.

lo was quiet 2day, so i finnished my cuppa, when i looked round it was cause he was eating the tissues :| oops at least i got it out and he didnt choke!!

Hehe you gotta watch out when they go quiet - they're nearly always eating something they shouldn't when they go quiet!

Feeling pretty bad this morning :( Last night Maria was waking every 5-20 minutes and I got so frustrated and exhausted I tried letting her CIO and she got so distressed after about 15 mins I gave up but feel really guilty cos she was so upset :( She kept up that waking til 6am as well :(

It was the worst night she ever had, not even as a newborn was she as bad as this :(

Logan did a forwards rolly polly off the setee last night :(
Thank god i was on the floor and caught him right before he hit the ground.
Must say i was VERY pissed off as oh was sitting next to him on the setee but was to busy playing the X box he didnt notice him falling :growlmad:

Niamh ate dog food for the second time today. Even though she was under her father's supervision I still feel bad.

She loves it. Odd girl.

Its full of meaty goodness and will give her a shiny healthy coat.

I need to get some for Avery. Grow hair, dammit! :haha:

She walked face first into a side table last night. d'oh....

Natsku, I hope tonight is better for you.

Flynn was practising sitting on the floor earlier and fell backwards banging his head on the floor, I just sang to him "youre not hurt, you're perfectly fine, this was a funny game, don't tell daddy" he didn't cry, just looked a bit confused (he was on a rug with a quilt on it he's not hurt)
I wanted to get some peace to drink a coffee so I put him on his quilt on the floor, he likes to play there, put his favourite program on and put ALL his toys around him so he wouldn't be whinging for a specific One that wasn't there, he looked like he was in heaven! He has quite a few toys already but judgin by his pile from Santa I won't be able to do that anymore as I might have to buy a new house to get it all in!

I admit it's his first Christmas and we are going to spoil him rotten! We spent about £300 on him and I think aunties and grandparents have managed that between them too... Next year we are putting a limit on it as its just gone way over the top and we've all got too carried away, we will still be unwrapping them at midnight!

I need to get some for Avery. Grow hair, dammit! :haha:

She walked face first into a side table last night. d'oh....

Natsku, I hope tonight is better for you.

Ouch!

I had to laugh at Maria earlier, she was running away from me but looking back at me instead of where she was going and went straight into the door :haha:

We even caught her trying to get more dog food out of the bag last night!! What is wrong with my child? Says something for my cooking since she won't eat what I make her yet chomps happily on Bakers Complete.

:S I yelped VERY LOUDLY at LO at about 2am this morning.....picked him up for dreamfeed, now he has a habit on clamping down at the end of his feed just before he pops off with his "satisfied face"......only now he has a tooth! Yep, i automatically yelped and caused him to wake up with a start, jump about 3 inches off the bed and start crying hysterically :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->