The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

I just don't feel interested in LO lately. I feel so terrible because I realize it every time I do it. I put him to nap, so I tell myself okay when I get him up I'll play with him. Then I get him up and just sit him to play by himself. I cannot wait for him to go down to bed. I don't know what's wrong with me. It's killing me.. I've been like this for a month or two, never before that. :cry:

Natsku don't feel bad! I live off the grid! I only ever have a generator or solar power. I also lived the first few months of rosies life with no frige (used an ice chest) and had to boil water to have hot water. You make it work.

112110- you guys spending a lot of time together? Do you get a lot of help? I've found when its all ne I just want her to play alone. Then when I'm working full time I'm more interested in playing... or too tired.

MrsVenn - dont feel bad, Im quite calm and I feel like shouting sometimes and no doubt I will when he starts to test my patience!!

112110 - Could you just say half an hour a day to play with him and try and build it up, or take him outside to play? to the park? Has he got any little friends or take him round your friends to play? Are there any baby groups you can go to? as you have no choice but to play with them there!!
Im sure you do all this and sometimes its good for them to play on their own!
If you feel its more personal or you are feeling down maybe give your HV a ring or speak to your doctor, she might be able to suggest something :hugs:

112110 - I have days like that too. Don't feel too bad. Sometimes we get a bit 'bored' with playing mum all the time. One little baby person isn't always enough to fulfil all adult females. I'm sure you'll get back to yourself soon.

Do you suffer with SAD? I do, so have noticed I'm a bit out of it just lately. I know I will be totally different again come spring and summer xx

Whenever we're at OH's house and I try to play with him he tends to scream and push me away, I get offended because he doesn't want me:blush:
I did play with him for a bit today though, we played with blocks! I was proud of myself.

minkymoo: I had never heard of SAD until right now but that is how I am every winter. So perhaps that may have a bit to do with it. Summer time him and I went to the park/pool/wherever nearly every day.

Might be because he is so cranky lately, I get so annoyed. If I play with him for a bit and try and do something else he will scream and scream until I pick him up, then he just beats on me. :dohh:

SAD is awful. I get very depressed in the winter. I don't even want to get dressed or leave the house most days. I just want to sleep or stare at the TV like a zombie. It impacts on everything.

I'm sure it's all just a phase, both for you and baby. It will pass xx

:hugs: 112100 - it does sound like SAD

Maria fell down the stairs, twice, today :( First time she just fell from the bottom stop cos she was trying to climb up without using her hands :dohh: but the second time she fell from the top cos idiot OH left the door open and she fell half way down and screamed so hard :( Now she has a lump on her head and graze just above her nose, poor girlie

Maria fell down the stairs, twice, today :( First time she just fell from the bottom stop cos she was trying to climb up without using her hands :dohh: but the second time she fell from the top cos idiot OH left the door open and she fell half way down and screamed so hard :( Now she has a lump on her head and graze just above her nose, poor girlie

OMG!! This is my worst nightmare. Poor Maria and stupid OH.

My Idiot didn't shut the gate at the bottom of the stairs yesterday (which is one step up due to the layout of the stairs) and Noo likes to climb the first step and rattle the gate but she ended up swinging on it and falling off and hitting the floor. I went ballistic as usual. Bloody OH's. IDIOTS!!

Was sucking on a lollypop with right hand, holding baby with left hand.
Phone rings, transfer lolly to left hand, answer phone with right.

Come off phone to find LO has gummed half my lolly away.......he's only just 4 months tomorrow :S shite!

Edit: It actually didn't occur to me why he was being so quiet!!

:haha: sneaky little boy!

Its my worse nightmare too minkymoo. I felt sick to the stomach when I saw her lying there :(

That's scary. We've forgotten to close the door at the top of the stairs a couple of times. I've been lucky so far. Avery has no spacial awareness yet, so I'm trying to remember to keep everything closed.

How is she feeling?

lol @ booda. Was he happy?

She was fine after she got booby and we walked the stairs with her after to make sure she wasn't scared of them.

I put LO on the floor and knelt down to change her bum but I knelt on her foot :( Oops. She only cried a little but my first thought was that i'd broke her foot :( She is fine though.

I kept my DD awake today, she was crying to go to bed and i wouldn't let her because she keeps coughing up phlegm and then gagging so much she is making herself sick and it goes everywhere! i only struggled to change her bedding wednesday and didnt want to do it all over again! (its a mid sleeper, so really awkward to change! Especially when LO is ill and coughing up phlegm and being sick everywhere too!) So i kept her awake all day so she would be sick into the bucket! She had the biggest bags under her eyes and kept crying to go to bed, so i sat her on the couch and stuck a few dvds on! as soon as daddy came in she ran to him crying asking if she could go to bed now and then fell asleep over his lap while he was rubbing more vapo rub on her back.
nasty mummy!

lol @ booda. Was he happy?

He was a bit too happy, slightly hyper....louder than normal, and batting himself in the sides and tummy quite violently!! :S .... bloody typical, just popped out 2 teeth and days later i've managed to let him gum his way halfway through a pure sugar lollypop :dohh: i still cant believe i didn't notice it but was too distracted by the phone :/

Oh dear, hope she gets better soon

me too, but now that daddy is off work for the long weekend she can sleep in her bed as much as she wants to and if she is ill in it daddy can clamber around to change the bed lol! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->