The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

I'm never quite sure what time OH gets home from work as it can vary. Anyways as i here him coming through the door i always try to jump off the couch and play with LO like ive been doing it all evening lol anways yesterday i didnt hear OH get in cuz i was singing this song to my 8 month old...... ooops bad mummy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqGc6oeIQ5Y

I am at my wits end with ym 8 month old. He still wakes 2 or 3 times a night and often is impossible to settle, as soon as he is calm and seemingly asleep I'll put him down and he'll start screaming.

Last nigh we had driven back from Devon to Kent after going to my Grans funeral so was pretty knackered and just well sad.

He'd been up twice maybe after putting him down at 8ish and then he woke up at 3:30 and wouldn't settle even in the spare room with me so I took him down stairs strapped him into his pushchair with the cosy toe and shut the door on him and went back to bed.

I've never just shut my babies in a room before and gone to bed I feel awful.

When my oldest woke up I could hear he was crying so we're all up now (except for y useless ass husband who is still in bed and wont get up in the night and he wont let me go back to bed later).

Bad one today :( I put Maria to nap outside and put the battery powered monitor on in her pram but forgot to switch the inside one on (I thought OH had switched it on but I didn't check) and when I realised, I switched it on and she was crying so hard :cry:

We have Lucas' bedroom attached to the living room with double doors (one of them is always open) and he likes to wander around and go and play in his room aswell. Our living room is upstairs so when you come up the stairs there is a door to the living room, aswell as to my son's bedroom. Normally those doors are always closed to keep the heat in (as we only heat these 2 rooms in the house) but because we went into Lucas' bedroom the night before because he was crying I didn't close the door properly (didn't use the handle, because it's quite stiff and makes too much noise to close once you've finally got your baby back to sleep or if you want to make a quiet exit!). So, as I was sitting on the sofa and watching something on my laptop I saw Lucas go into his room, but he does this all the time so I didn't think much of it... Until I heard a noise and then I heard him crying and realised.....he'd fallen down the stairs!!!!! :cry: I ran to him and he was sitting up at the bottom of the stairs crying! :cry: I felt soooo bad, I was crying my eyes out aswell and kept saying to him how sorry I was!! I phoned hubby as I wasn't sure what to do and he came home from work, eventhough I told him Lucas seemed alright and was smiling again.

I still can't believe he fell down the stairs!!! It's only 7 steps but it's still really bad! He had a bit of a black eye yesterday but it's mostly gone today, there's just a bit of a bruise (which isn't too bad, luckily). I'm sooo glad he didn't break anything or didn't have a concussion or anything - we checked with the doctor, phoned them up and they told us what signs to watch out for.

I told one of my friends today and almost started crying again! :cry:

We have Lucas' bedroom attached to the living room with double doors (one of them is always open) and he likes to wander around and go and play in his room aswell. Our living room is upstairs so when you come up the stairs there is a door to the living room, aswell as to my son's bedroom. Normally those doors are always closed to keep the heat in (as we only heat these 2 rooms in the house) but because we went into Lucas' bedroom the night before because he was crying I didn't close the door properly (didn't use the handle, because it's quite stiff and makes too much noise to close once you've finally got your baby back to sleep or if you want to make a quiet exit!). So, as I was sitting on the sofa and watching something on my laptop I saw Lucas go into his room, but he does this all the time so I didn't think much of it... Until I heard a noise and then I heard him crying and realised.....he'd fallen down the stairs!!!!! :cry: I ran to him and he was sitting up at the bottom of the stairs crying! :cry: I felt soooo bad, I was crying my eyes out aswell and kept saying to him how sorry I was!! I phoned hubby as I wasn't sure what to do and he came home from work, eventhough I told him Lucas seemed alright and was smiling again.

I still can't believe he fell down the stairs!!! It's only 7 steps but it's still really bad! He had a bit of a black eye yesterday but it's mostly gone today, there's just a bit of a bruise (which isn't too bad, luckily). I'm sooo glad he didn't break anything or didn't have a concussion or anything - we checked with the doctor, phoned them up and they told us what signs to watch out for.

I told one of my friends today and almost started crying again! :cry:

:hugs::hugs: These things happen and he's ok thats the main thing! x

:hugs:

Avery fell down the stairs last week. 14 of them. Fortunately little children don't stiffen when they fall like adults. They tend to not get hurt. Mine didn't even have a bruise.

Mobile babies get into everything. Unfortunately occasionally accidents happen. I hope he's feeling better today.

Yeah he seems perfectly fine today, and was fine afterwards aswell! I think I was more upset than he was! But I'm ok now too... I know accidents happen, but just felt really bad that I didn't even notice him leaving the room....

I said to hubby: if your guitar was still out there he would've been ok cause he would've started playing with it and I would've heard it... (that's happened before and ever since we make sure the doors are closed properly!)

I am at my wits end with ym 8 month old. He still wakes 2 or 3 times a night and often is impossible to settle, as soon as he is calm and seemingly asleep I'll put him down and he'll start screaming.

Last nigh we had driven back from Devon to Kent after going to my Grans funeral so was pretty knackered and just well sad.

He'd been up twice maybe after putting him down at 8ish and then he woke up at 3:30 and wouldn't settle even in the spare room with me so I took him down stairs strapped him into his pushchair with the cosy toe and shut the door on him and went back to bed.

I've never just shut my babies in a room before and gone to bed I feel awful.

When my oldest woke up I could hear he was crying so we're all up now (except for y useless ass husband who is still in bed and wont get up in the night and he wont let me go back to bed later).

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

the first week we brought kade home, he wouldn't sleep unless he was touching me (pretty much). i was too scared to co-sleep so i got no sleep. one night, i was in the living room with him and had put him in the swing to see if he would fall asleep. i said i would give him 5 mins max to see if he settled (he was crying once i got him buckled in) otherwise i would pick him up again. i was SO tired. so i laid down on the couch right next to him. DH wakes up and finds him crying HARD in his swing. picks him up and he immediately STOPS crying. he thought i was just ignoring him or something to see if he would sleep. i was ASLEEP! i don't know how long i slept with my poor baby crying his eyes out right next to me (it wasn't a super long time but still). i think i will always feel guilty about that....... and i am a very light sleeper.

Rosie ate some dry wall today. Out bedroom isn't finished and she was chewing on the wall near the window while I was next to her in bed. Didn't even notice for a second! She usually just looks out the window!

I forgot to tighten the harness in my sons carseat as the time previous he had been wearing a coat and this time he didn't - I had luckily only just got off the drive when I realised - I felt so paranoid that I almost reversed up the drive to go back indoors xxx

Xavier decided he wanted to stay up all night last night. I work 6 days a week at almost 70 hours. I'm exhausted. And on my day off I have to run around like a crazy person.

I must admit. He was crying in his bed and I yelled at him to shut up. Which made him cry harder then I ignored him for 10 mins.

I felt really bad but I was exhausted and OH wasn't helping much. I picked him up and held him in my arms and told him I was sorry but he was being a jerkbaby. He wiped his boogies on me and gave me kisses. So i feel better now.

That's where a lot of my frustration with Rosie happens. I'm exhausted and working 60 hrs a week and getting no help from DH. I feel your pain. You're not a bad mommy. I'm sure xavier still loves you!

Flynns been a star and slept since 8:30pm again, he's been awake since 6am and I refuse on principal to get up before seven so he's laid in his cot in his room "talking" to his teddies, he seems happy enough and keeps laughing at them but I feel bad for not getting him up already.

Don't feel bad if he's happy! If Maria wakes up happy then I let her play in the cot for half an hour or so while I doze a little more and slowly wake up.

I have too many (she is 5 months old)! Oops! Ok, here we go............

When LO was 11 days old I managed to elbow her in the head when OH was holding her in bed. She cried for about 5 seconds, then was fine.

I have TWICE managed to walk outside carrying the car seat only to look down and see that the handle hadn't clicked into position and the whole seat had tipped forward giving LO a great view of the concrete. Thank God I'd strapped her in otherwise she would have fallen out!

I bumped her head on the door frame.

I managed to scratch her little nose yesterday :( I felt worse than she did.

I've put LO into the car, started the engine, put the car into reverse and then realised I hadn't strapped the car seat into the car.

At the weekend I was taking LO out of her swing seat. I undid the straps, then went to remove the rail with the dangly toys attached to it so I could get her out easier. I looked down and she had tipped forward and her forehead was nicely resting against the floor. I picked her back up and he gave me the loveliest smile :)

Last week I was carrying LO upstairs when I heard her cough. I then realised my thumb had been pressing on her throat. Bad mummy.

A while ago she went through a phase of crying all the way through bath time. I now realise the water was probably a bit too warm for her. I do feel very guilty about that. The bath thermometer has been a godsend!

We're all human but can't help feeling guilty when these things happen! No harm done though :)

i bumped LOs head lightly on the back of the chair at the restaurant on sunday, she screamed out of shock, i said she was hungry to stop anyone saying anything and stuck her on the boob! im sure OH saw tho!

Lo woke up every 1-2 hours last night so is knackered but can't seem to fall asleep anywhere but on me the last few days. I called him an asshole earlier because when I gave in and picked him up he smiled and fell straight asleep. He's teething bless him, I didn't mean it but Iv just started on my anti depressants and they make me feel quite dizzy so could do with a sleep!

Flynns been a star and slept since 8:30pm again, he's been awake since 6am and I refuse on principal to get up before seven so he's laid in his cot in his room "talking" to his teddies, he seems happy enough and keeps laughing at them but I feel bad for not getting him up already.

Don't feel bad if he's happy! If Maria wakes up happy then I let her play in the cot for half an hour or so while I doze a little more and slowly wake up.

I do this too! If he is happy I let him play and talk for a little bit then go get him. No harm done :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->