The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

Me and Maria was playing outside and I decided to pop in and get the camera, and left her out in the garden. When I went in she was just stood there but then I came out again she had disappeared. Cue slight panic and running to look for her (I dunno why I ran, probably thinking rabbits had stolen her :rofl:) but she had just decided to walk up the hill and back - I can't trust her to stay put anymore!

Hi

I thought I'd start a thread (where I may be alone :blush:) but I thought it may help if I could confess my bad mother moments in a guilt free and non-judgemental thread i.e. for fun! Bad Mother moments like catching their head on a door frame as you walk through it (sure I read that somewhere on here), finding them playing with scissors (like a friend of mine did), giving double the dose of Ibuprofen by accident (another friend).

Wanna join me? Confess your sins Bad Mothers!

Here is my bad mother confession from Sunday. You may have seen my thread about a poo stain in the carpet. Wanna know how that happened? Well our two were having some nappy off time. I was putting some clothes away and DH was wandering about. Charlotte had crawled off into our bedroom where she normally looks at herself in the full length mirrors.

Anyway, a minute or two (literally no fibs!) later we found her. She was up to her elbows in it and not only that it was squished between the fingers of both hands and smeared all across her face.

My confession is that my daughter ate her own poo! :blush::rofl:

hahahaha.... sorry but this was very funny :p this is less confession and more a funny story.. :p lolx

Omg these are funny girls!!

ive got some now...(here we go again)

LO was crawling around the upstairs naked having nappy off time and getting a clean set of clothes and a nappy i find he has poo'd on the carpet and is mushing the poo inbetween his toes and stamping in it whilst sitting his bum down in the other pile -omg! So i pick him up at arms length (cuz lets face it, i dont want to get it on my fave white hoody that has only just come out the wash cuz of baby vomit/food/wee!) pop him in the bath run the tap, LO screams cuz the water is freezing and the boiler has conked out so then i have to run back to the bedroom with LO still covered in poo on the bathroom floor...get the water working...get LO back in the bath and rinse him off..then the poo floats down the plug and gets stuck i see him picking bits of poo out of the plug -omg could this get any worse? yep! manage to get LO out the bath without dropping him wrap him in a towel (he is now grumpy cuz he got cold the first time round so now starts fussing so i run back into the bedroom to get the clean clothes, tread in the poo that must have dropped off LO's bum during the transition between bedroom and bathroom, take my sock off, covered LO in baby powder and manage to get some in his mouth ! omg... what a day lol

I think I have just done something that beats every confession in here :-(

I have this little routine with LO where we do her bath etc. then we go into the kitchen and get her milk ready. We have a built in cooker with the flat top and then the microwave right next to it so I always sit LO up on the cooker while I heat her milk and stir it. Well tonight the cooker was somehow still hot from dinnertime so I put LO down she screamed and I realised the cooker was still hot and LO was also still naked as I dress her while the bottle is cooling:-(

Ran to the bathroom with LO and held a wet towel on her bum. She has a big red mark on her bum about the size of a golf ball. Thankfully the cooker couldn't have been too hot as it's not blistered and after some sudocrem it just looks like mild sunburn but it could have been so much worse. Any hotter and her skin would be stuck to the cooker and she could have been scarred or in pain for life :-(

Lesson learnt - I am NEVER being so irresponsible again. Never letting her near the cooker again! xx

:hugs: I burnt myself this week grabbing something that should have been cool. We often trust touching something we think is cool. I let mine fall down 14 steps while I got her bath ready last week. I was sure she was right behind me. Not sure you're any worse than me.

:hugs: I burnt myself this week grabbing something that should have been cool. We often trust touching something we think is cool. I let mine fall down 14 steps while I got her bath ready last week. I was sure she was right behind me. Not sure you're any worse than me.

Thank you, it was very scary! In my panic I was thinking how I would explain it if I had to take her to A+E. Still shaking, could have been awful :-(

God, I really really screwed up tonight. LO woke up for a feed, but I needed my inhaler so I propped him up on the quilt on my bed, turned around to find one, and out the corner of my eye I saw him push forward and topple over and heard the most horrible noise as he fell on the floor :cry:

He cried instantly, hysterical and for about 7 minutes (so did I, but for a lot longer) but once he'd calmed down he was fine and nursed for about half an hour...even managed to muster a smile

He's asleep in my arms now, got a red lump on the side of his head but it doesn't seem to be bothering him..sadly no sleep for me as I can't stop replaying it in my head, and the noise, and the way he just crumpled forward and I couldn't stop him even though I was right next to him :nope:

Never ever again!!

This one makes me feel sick everytime i think about it. :cry:

I take out dog for a walk down the field and always strap her lead to the pram. She's gotten really good at not pulling so i was really happy.

when we got back home i stopped the pram next to my car, as i always put the pram back in the boot of the car. I got my keys out, popped the boot and moved away from the pram to lift the boot up...............next thing i know my dog has seen a cat and started down the hill.........still attached to the pram!!!!

She pulls the pram over on its side with my LO still in it and starts dragging it down the hill. I screamed for her to stop and she did (thankfully).

My LO knocked her head on the floor slightly but im so glad i had strapped her in tightly and really thankful my dog stopped as she was heading towards the main road :cry:

It scared her more than anything, there was a tiny bump on her head and i kept an eye on her all day not even letting her sleep.

Needless to say i wont be doing that again - lesson learnt. Why is it always the hard way?

Eek that must have been a scare!

Hmm I don't think I have any confessions, makes a change :haha: Maria did fall over in the sauna the other day and whacked her head on the cauldron (which was thankfully cold at that point) but she was messing about instead of walking carefully like she should.

I threw a teddy at Lily the other night. :blush:

She'd woken up for the second time and was whining at me because she wanted her dummy. So I was feeling around in the cot for it and had the teddy in my hand and without thinking, tossed it at her and told her to be quiet. It was a gentle throw and wasn't aimed at her head or anything, but still... don't know what came over me.

I accidently dropped LOs plastic rattler toy on her head. I nearly had a heartache when she didn't cry to begin with and then started balling her eyes out. I felt so bad!

I cut Jacks finger last night when cutting his nails, blimey did he scream!! and it bled for ages :cry:

Now its red and he keeps pointing it at me and sticking his bottom lip out - just to make me feel worse than I do!!

This one makes me feel sick everytime i think about it. :cry:

I take out dog for a walk down the field and always strap her lead to the pram. She's gotten really good at not pulling so i was really happy.

when we got back home i stopped the pram next to my car, as i always put the pram back in the boot of the car. I got my keys out, popped the boot and moved away from the pram to lift the boot up...............next thing i know my dog has seen a cat and started down the hill.........still attached to the pram!!!!

She pulls the pram over on its side with my LO still in it and starts dragging it down the hill. I screamed for her to stop and she did (thankfully).

My LO knocked her head on the floor slightly but im so glad i had strapped her in tightly and really thankful my dog stopped as she was heading towards the main road :cry:

It scared her more than anything, there was a tiny bump on her head and i kept an eye on her all day not even letting her sleep.

Needless to say i wont be doing that again - lesson learnt. Why is it always the hard way?

Aww no! I'm sure LO will be fine it was a total accident! I have had so many things happen to LO that i have only learnt not to let it happen again by it having to happen in the first place!! i did giggle a bit at this story tho i could just imagin what happened its like something off you've been framed shame it wasnt caught on camera could of made £250 :) only joking!!
hugsss xxxx

Whenever i watch a baby programme on tv whilst LO is asleep i can hear a baby cry every so often thinking its the tv, i ignore it till i realise its LO ooops x

Xavier fell off the bed the other day. I almost died when I heard the THUMP!
I swore I would never let it happen and now look.

I'm so paranoid that he damaged something. He cried for a split second and that was it. Got really sleepy after but I didn't let him go to sleep. I kept checking his pupils for concussion symptoms!

I let LO sleep 9 hours :dohh:

I am not sure if your child has a weight problem and needs to be fed every 2 hours or whatever but I never woke my baby up to eat. At the hospital the nurses told me to do this and it was torture for both of us but then my pediatrician said no reason to do that - she needs her sleep and if she is hungry she will wake up. But I am not much of a scheduler in any sense...

Confession: I just wish she'd hurry up and get over this 'newborn' crap!

DD1 was a great baby and at no point could I have asked for a better kid but DD2 is stopping me sleeping and it's driving me crazy, it's not that she wakes a lot at night, it's that she won't sleep so isn't asleep in order to wake up!! I got 1 hour sleep last night and obviously can't sleep during the day when she is because I also have an 18 month old.
I want her to be a bit older, more able to interact with her sister and to know the difference between night and day - and respect it!
I know they grow up really quickly and you can't ever get any of the stages back, but I can deal with that - just let me sleep (ideally in my bed... not been to bed since she was born coz am keeping her downstairs so that she doesn't disturb DD1 too much in the night)

My dd picked ds up despite telling her a million times not to, yes this story is goin exactly how you imagin, ds lunged forwards dh bolted and ds landed head/face first onto the wooden flooring. Que almighty screaming and mass panic and a massive lump and bruise instantaneously and a quick trip up the hospital. Ds has concussion but the lump and bruising has gone just leaving the dent a a shadow like bruise on his head. Safe to say I feel like such a bad mum dh is blaming himself for not being quick enough and we ended up shouting at dd :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->