The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

I let the baby play with the cord to the shades when I change her diaper because it's the only thing that keeps her interested and not trying to roll over...

My first confession... :cry:

Put Josh down in his cot for his morning nap, grabbed the washing & heading downstairs. I'd left music on for Josh & forgot to turn the moniter on downstairs.

I opened the door to come back upstairs & he was screaming fit to burst. I'd been downstairs for about 20 mins & not heard him. I feel awful :cry:

When LO was born we spent 5 days in the hospital due to us both getting an infection. I was exhausted because if it wasn't my baby crying, it was someone elses. One night the midwife woke me up saying "your baby is crying." Despite him being in a cot right next to me, I hadn't woken up when he started crying. Opps!

I have been taking advantage of my daughter, not realising how special she actually is and how much I wanted her and now she is here I haven't enjoyed her as much as I should have. :(

I'm a terrible mother, especially this week. I've been non stop ill, feel weak and achey and my head hurts and I can't talk due to two golf ball sized lumps in my neck but poor LO is suffering. I've not played with him much this week and have been dumping him in his Jumperoo a lot. I do try and talk to him but I can't much as it hurts so much.

I have been taking advantage of my daughter, not realising how special she actually is and how much I wanted her and now she is here I haven't enjoyed her as much as I should have. :(

:hugs: I know this feeling but she's two weeks old you must be exhausted. You do love her and realise how special she is but at the moment you're overwhelmed, you'll see in a few weeks/months when you look back on it that you adored her from the start. It's totally normal to feel like this now.

I was visiting my sister at her apartment, she has a cat...Yeah, my son ate a piece of cat food :dohh: I saw him sucking on something and I pulled it out of his mouth and there was only a small piece left :dohh: :haha: Needless to say the bowl went up on the counter! Oh and earlier that day he took a huge poop in his tub!!!! It was a day to remember for sure lolol!!!

Just caught Bethany eating dirt... cats knocked my plant off the windowsill, thought I'd got it all, but no. Ewwww

Lol, I'm terrible... I've caught my DD eating dirt and over at a friend's house I've caught her eating their dog's food.

I sat Nathan in front of the washing machine whilst I had A cuppa :) is that horrid?? :)

I've caught Maria eating all kinds of things, cardboard, wood bark, sticks, charcoal, ash, the dustpan....

LO fell and bumped his head on the coffee table today, hes learning to crawl and keeps headbutting things, why do i feel so guilty when he does like its my fault! I know he is gonna do much more as he develops!

LO fell and bumped his head on the coffee table today, hes learning to crawl and keeps headbutting things, why do i feel so guilty when he does like its my fault! I know he is gonna do much more as he develops!

Omg this s a pretty gross one...

Over night i had been for lots of wee's and there was lots of loo roll down the loo, anyways i was plucking the odd stray eye brow hair and suddenly look round to see LO trying to pull old loo paper out the loo :sick:

I also get really cross when LO doesnt eat his lunch/dinner and i shout :nope:
xxx

At the hospital, DS wasn't even a day old and I was trying to position him to try to bf and in the process jabbed him in the forehead with my fingernail...it left a red mark that didn't go away for at least a day. :(

Then to add insult to injury, (not even 4 hours later) I was changing him in my hospital bed. I turned to grab a wipe and when I looked back there was suddenly a 'fountain'...well I panicked (because its going everywhere) and in the process of trying to cover it up, I instead pointed it up and accidently made my poor son wee on his own face and down his left side. DH can't wait to tell him what I did when he gets older....

well here's mine. these are a few from the past month or so.

He co-sleeps with us (yes i'm sure some of you think that's the bad part) and it's been wonderful for us. Until one night he scooted himself off the edge of the bed and face down into a pile of laundry on the floor. heard a thud and in my sleep thought his bottle had fallent ot he floor and was wondering why he was crying. :dohh:

second, putting him into his swing the other day and had to shift as his blanket was in the way. shifted his blanket and he jerked and face planted onto the floor, again. he was fine, but i felt like crap. he didnt even cry. lol

Was trying to put LO on the breast and she gum-bit my nail. Poor sweety :(

The experts say no TV before two. Well after a long day I sat down with a glass of wine and had my 8 week old in her bouncer. Turned on the news and she turned her head and watched absolutely mesmerized. I really did want to turn her away, but she was so quiet and entertained.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->