The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

The experts say no TV before two. Well after a long day I sat down with a glass of wine and had my 8 week old in her bouncer. Turned on the news and she turned her head and watched absolutely mesmerized. I really did want to turn her away, but she was so quiet and entertained.......

No TV before 2? whoops! Its always on (mainly to fill the house with a bit of noise and stop lonliness!)

The experts say no TV before two. Well after a long day I sat down with a glass of wine and had my 8 week old in her bouncer. Turned on the news and she turned her head and watched absolutely mesmerized. I really did want to turn her away, but she was so quiet and entertained.......

No TV before 2? whoops! Its always on (mainly to fill the house with a bit of noise and stop lonliness!)

me too!

My lo watches the news with me every morning. She loves the weather & sports lol:). My confession is when she gets bored I get us ready & take her to daycare & go about my day. Today, I took her to daycare & came home & went back to bed until noon:blush:

Oh well, Flynn watches tv all the time lol, we were even planning to buy a holder so he could watch films on the iPad in the car, then we sold the iPad and swore when we remembered, I grew up watching loads of tv and I'm fine bit of a short attention sp

We always have the TV on, it fills the house with a bit of noise! Having it on all the time my eldest has got used to it and doesn't bother with it, it can be on and she will happily turn her back on it and play puzzles, a friends children dont watch the tv, they get to watch a film on sundays but thats it, but she cant even put the tv on without both children dropping what theyre doing and staring at it. I think thats worse. x

i went to bed early last night with LO and decided i would have a read of a book, i fell asleep and when my hand fell the book hit LO on the head! she woke up and cried out of shock and then went right back off to sleep, i felt awful the rest of the night! the book wasnt exactly tiny either! x

Marley watches tv, her favorite show is The Cat In The Hat lol.....

I popped into boots I get a snot sucker, Flynn was asleep in his buggy and I dropped it on his face! He screamed his head off, I felt such a tw@ with everyone staring.
He's got a bit of a bruise under his eye and when dh asked where it was from I daren't tell him and said he'd rolled on a toy in the soft play...

Ok I have a few:blush:

I pinched my sons balls when changing his nappy when he was a couple of days old.
I rolled him over in the bath to wash his back and didn't realise his head was under the water.
I hit his head on the door trying to get to the bathroom to change him in the night. (on more then 1 occasion)
Oh I felt so bad about these but I am sure there are plenty more to come!!

I lifted flynns legs the other day to wipe his bum while I was changing him and he peed in his eye! I was laughing too hard to do anything! Luckily he was just about to get in the bath anyway.

Ok I have a few:blush:

I pinched my sons balls when changing his nappy when he was a couple of days old.
I rolled him over in the bath to wash his back and didn't realise his head was under the water.
I hit his head on the door trying to get to the bathroom to change him in the night. (on more then 1 occasion)
Oh I felt so bad about these but I am sure there are plenty more to come!!

:rofl: This one made me laugh so badly, that's exactly what I'm like!

I took my 15month old for her very first sit down evening meal tonight. Guess where??

MCDONALDS!

She had her very own happy meal and tomato sauce.

:rofl:

Judging by the amount of salt in the chips (even my OH was struggling with them) she'll probably have kidney failure by morning.

xx

I bit DDs fingertip trying to bite her nails...
and I've squirted her (and myself) in the face with my breast milk before... :blush:

I bit DDs fingertip trying to bite her nails...
and I've squirted her (and myself) in the face with my breast milk before... :blush:

I nearly cut the end off flynns thumb this morning trying to cut his nails, he's just so wriggly now!

I managed to squirt myself in the eye while I was pregnant, my nipple itched so I pulled out my boob for a look and it squirted me! Dh nearly wet himself lol, I stopped bf after 3 days, just as my milk came in, I went in the shower the next day and was so full of milk that as soon as the warm water touched me my milk let down and I looked like one of those daisy sprinkler things you attach to the hosepipe, milk spraying all over!
All that milk and a baby who wouldn't drink it!

My bad mummy moment? Flynn was upset about nearly losing a finger so I made him cheese on toast out of guilt, I also fed him dried pineapple to stop him crying. I've basically shown the baby to use food for comfort, exactly what I didn't want to do as that's how I got to 16 stone.

ummm I managed to get Bonjela in Lo's eye this morning. She was fighting me and upset because her gums were sore so I thought I'd help. The batted my hand just as I got near her mouth. She cried in pain and I felt to awful :( it must have stung something rotten.

It was flynns aunties birthday today, and he got his first tooth, auntie had a big gooey chocolate cake with choc curls and flakes etc on top, to celebrate her birthday and his tooth we let him try some chocolate, he liked it so we let him try some more, in all he only had the equivalent to less than half a square... He also had a spoon of cake. He was incredibly giddy for a couple of hours, he licked all up the side of my face when he came for a cuddle (eww!) then he crashed out, we brought him home gave him a quick bath and put him to bed. I just realised we forgot to brush his tooth! He's had it less than a day and we've neglected it already!

He'll be toothless before he's four :(

Me and Maria were sledging today and we found a snow racer in the barn
(something like this)
https://www.lasplash.com/uploads/gift_guide/roundup_0000000000005506_image_01.jpg?v=1233438187
and we were going down the hill together but she got her foot stuck between the seat and runner and her foot twisted round and she was crying and I thought she was just tired :( Then I saw her foot and I thought she had broken her leg :cry: I was panicking til I got her unstuck and she stopped crying and walked ok - thankfully!

I freaked out, I thought I had really hurt her and would have to take her to the hospital :cry:

I also found her trying to eat screws today (she had got hold of a bag of them OH left lying around :growlmad: ) and 5 minutes after I took them off her, she was playing with an empty plastic bag :dohh: Will be happier when OH has finished organising the lounge so its not full of crap anymore.

- Walked through a door totally unaware that i was carrying Evelyn and knocked her little head on it.
- Put her down for a nap without checking her bum and when she woke up she was covered in poo, but her nappy was quite clean :haha:

you know those milkybar bears you get at xmas well a family member bought lo one- ive been eating it bit by bit each day and now only his head is left:blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->