The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

Isabel likes to throw her dummy off the sofa and just watch it, last week she lunged forward to try and grab it and fell on the top of her head. I was sat right next to her and watched it in slow motion. We both cried, Isabel for 5 minutes me for a half an hour :cry:

We were in asda cafe today and Flynn lobbed the lid for his bottle on the floor, dh bent over to pick it up and let out a massive, very loud fart! Without missing a beat we both blamed Flynn!
Flynn had chicken tikka masala for tea, he always eats the same as we do but this was rather spicy, he loved it and ate loads, I've never seen him drink his bottle so fast tho and I'm dreading tomorrows nappies! Bad mummy feeding baby spicy food! He's going to grandmas tomorrow for tea and is having spaghetti Bol, it's his favorite so that should make it up to him lol

I have recently started putting LO in a highchair. He really enjoys it as he can sit up and see us while he eats and its great for when he has finger foods.
We have been in the habit of not strapping him in (I know, I know :dohh: ) as he has been sitting well and we keep a close eye on him so if he tilts or goes low we can pull him back up. So, I put him in it, give him his breakfast and then let him play with his spoon as usual. He keeps tilting for some reason, he usually sits really well so I prop him back up. Then I look away.. only for a few seconds :dohh: and all I hear is "Mama! Mama!" (said quite urgently really for a baby!) I quickly look and I see his little hands holding onto the tray and his little head sticking up like he was holding on for dear life. He had wriggled down in his seat and was nearly falling out. :nope: I will never put him in without strapping him again! I felt terrible! Poor little mite.
He has also only been saying mama when he cries, so for him to say it when he really needs me makes me think he really does know who I am afterall :blush:

I have recently started putting LO in a highchair. He really enjoys it as he can sit up and see us while he eats and its great for when he has finger foods.
We have been in the habit of not strapping him in (I know, I know :dohh: ) as he has been sitting well and we keep a close eye on him so if he tilts or goes low we can pull him back up. So, I put him in it, give him his breakfast and then let him play with his spoon as usual. He keeps tilting for some reason, he usually sits really well so I prop him back up. Then I look away.. only for a few seconds :dohh: and all I hear is "Mama! Mama!" (said quite urgently really for a baby!) I quickly look and I see his little hands holding onto the tray and his little head sticking up like he was holding on for dear life. He had wriggled down in his seat and was nearly falling out. :nope: I will never put him in without strapping him again! I felt terrible! Poor little mite.
He has also only been saying mama when he cries, so for him to say it when he really needs me makes me think he really does know who I am afterall :blush:

wow he says mama already!? Im so jelous, been repeating it over and over every day to LO only for him to say dadada and nanana first DOH! I know its only sounds for now but thats not the point!

Ok so heres my bad for the day, LO was getting quite agitated after being in his car seat for about half an hour whilst we drove around getting stuff done(i took him into the places with me though) so on the way home he was starting to scream and Id just bought some chocolate, so to get him to, well, shut up (I cant think of a nicer way of putting it right now) i bit a tiny bit of the choc off and put it in his mouth, well it defo worked and he was happy for the final 5 mins of the journey :blush:

Tonight while breastfeeding my daughter she started to choke mid eating and I didn't realize it for a few seconds and finally when I got her unlatched she spit up so much and she was so upset about the whole thing. I feel awful I wasn't paying attention and potentially made it worse for her :cry:.

Don't feel bad, she's 3 weeks old so you're probably very tired still, its easy to not notice things like that. :hugs:

I've been giving Maria ibuprofen without needing to :( She was prescribed some cream for her face and the doctor told me to give ibuprofen an hour before applying the cream because it stings a bit but I didn't read his instructions properly and didn't realise I was only supposed to do that for the first day of applying the cream - I've been giving it for several days now :(

Also she woke up last night but I had my ear plugs in and didn't hear her - I knew nothing about it til I got up this morning and saw a bottle out on the worktop and realised OH must have given her a bottle while I just slept through her cries :(

Yesterday I put DS down for his morning nap and an hour into it he woke up fussing and crying just a bit. Not full blown crying, but just that I'm tired thing. Well sometimes he does this and goes back to sleep after a few minutes, so I let him go for a few mintutes so I could go potty. He's still fussing, so I go in and realized I forgot to take his bib off him and he had flipped it up over his face and he's fussing cuz he can't get it off!!! :( I felt so horrible :cry: I took it off and he went right back to sleep, but I def. felt like a bad mommy...

Just gave Flynn some calpol coz he was really upset and crying coz he's teething, he was so upset when we gave it to him that he choked on it and was coughing and gagging for ages, he was making a horrible choking noise, I flipped him over and patted his back buy since it was a liquid he was choking on it didn't do much I basically had to give him a cuddle and wait for it to pass, you know how scary it is when you swallow a drink wrong and choke? He could breathe ok and he's gone back to sleep so I'm just sat here tring to figure out if he's snoring or wheezing :(

Always always try and calm lo down before tring to give medicine!!

I haven't been able to hold LO for two days because I have a pretty contagious influenza virus :cry:

Oh and I had her propped up in her bassinet (the one in the pram, it comes out) and she was watching tv, anyway I wasn't watching her for like 2 minutes and when I checked on her she'd pushed herself right out and onto the floor and was smiling at me :dohh:

Well this morning, he woke up for his breakfast around the same time as always, but while he was sleeping i decided to have a nap, and i woke up to his cries but then i fell back asleep and when i woke up it was an hour later so i rushed in to his room to change his nappy as he had done a poo and his pants felt a little damp so i thought his nappy had just leaked out a little bit of wee, but then when i took his nappy off i realised he had poop all over him :( and he could have been laying in it for ages. I felt and still feel so bad for it, i quickly put him on his change table and strapped him on, (yes i left him there, but it was the best place to put him so the poop would come of easy.) Luckily he just layed there and i quickly went and got him a bath ready and when i went back he was laying in a puddle of wee. So then i felt even worse.
He is all happy now but i feel terrible :(

Bethany fell off my bed today, landed on her head, and did a sort of roly poly/flip, and I swear, she didn't even noticed. She just got up and carried on with what she was doing!

Today I was putting DS into his activity center to play. He has a little piano that sits on the tray that he likes to play with. Well, I put him in and went to move his leg so it would go into the leg hole and as a result it caused him to slump forward and play the piano with his face! I quickly leaned him back and he just looked at me like 'really, mom?' Sad part is, I couldn't stop laughing :blush:

It took me quite a while to realise today that maria was licking the floor in the airport...I shudder to think if what germs she kicked up

Yesterday, I was trying to sort out my boob to feed Ely whilst holding him in one arm (sat in the armchair), he wriggled so fiercely he flung himself out my arm, did a full 360 and landed on the floor!! It was a very small drop, and (considering) it was a soft landing, no bump or thud. He was shocked for a few second's, then cried till I managed to shove my nipple in his mouth. The worst part though, is that I don't feel guilty or responsible for what happened. He wriggled and squiggled out of my arm, I didn't drop him!

Just now, I gave Auron a deluxe triple choc cookie. Had one myself, and Auron left half of his on the armchair, so I ate it, and now he's asking where his biscuit is :dohh:

I was a very bad mummy last night. Maisie started off breast feeding, but was far too hungry and wanted fed every 20 mins, so at 4 weeks she went on to hungry baby formula, she takes 7oz but still doesn't go 4 hours between feeds. Last night I made up a teaspoon of baby rice and gave it to her with her bottle for last feed last night.

She is only 5 weeks old and I know I shouldn't but she really enjoyed it and slept 6 hours thru the night!!!

I caught his finger in the bar-snap on the pram.. ripped the skin of the tip and squished it really bad.. FEEL SO HORRIBLE.... also, now when he tries to eat, we are BLW, he cries because he gets his finger in his mouth and it hurts him.. :cry: bad mummy

I shower with LO in the morning, and yesterday I got my shampoo in her eye and didnt realize it until I had washed the shampoo out of my hair... she sat at the bottom of the shower with her eyes closed for at least 2 min waiting for me to wash it out.. and then her eye was bright red because she got soap in it.

She didnt cry, but I know how much it stings!

I fed Flynn a Malteser today to see if he liked it, he did so I gave him more!
I'm basically growing a fat kid!
Tomorrow he's wearing a pink shirt and flowery shorts. (i know its march! he hates being warm, odd child) he also loves watching glee
I'm growing a fat gay kid!
Me and his daddy are rather nerdy.
I'm growing a fat gay nerd!

Oh well as long as he's happy lol (he'll not be fat btw he only has rare treats)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->