The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

I let Sophie cry for 25 minutes until she fell asleep because NOTHING I did was helping her calm down or sleep, it was only making it worse.

Now I'm wide awake at 3.30am and I feel HORRIBLE :cry:.

Lauki :hugs: it's alright, sometimes you just have to step away.

today i hadnt reaized that evelyns pacifire had touched the changing table at the train station until AFTER i had already put it back into her mouth. fml

Don't worry too much addie, babies are tougher than we give credit for.

After he fell off our bed and then made another attempt to we put a big beanbag down the side of the bed, as a crash pad if he falls, dh showed him this morning that it's not scary, apparently it's not scary it's fun, every time I put him on the bed he's off, so far he's been off sideways, feet first and head first he thinks its brilliant fun! Now I'm stuck, he comes to bed with me at 5am when daddy goes to work, I don want to encourage the game coz id rather not be retrieving the baby every five min all morning, i can't move the beanbag coz I doubt he'd check if it was there before throwing himself off.
:-/
I might have to start thinking about a bed guard for our bed...

After he fell off our bed and then made another attempt to we put a big beanbag down the side of the bed, as a crash pad if he falls, dh showed him this morning that it's not scary, apparently it's not scary it's fun, every time I put him on the bed he's off, so far he's been off sideways, feet first and head first he thinks its brilliant fun! Now I'm stuck, he comes to bed with me at 5am when daddy goes to work, I don want to encourage the game coz id rather not be retrieving the baby every five min all morning, i can't move the beanbag coz I doubt he'd check if it was there before throwing himself off.

Thanks. :) Next time I am going to be more cautious though. I seriously thought it was on the blanket she was laying on (so she didn't get nasty germs) but guess not and she got them anyway.... :dohh:

And this is exactly WHY I am thankful that my husband does not read BNB. This is exactly something I could see him teaching Evelyn to do. He would think its funny lol.

Omg...I'm sorry, but that's funny. As I was reading it I was trying to imagine that in my head and could totally see DS doing that later down the road! lol A few years ago, my neice who was 2 year old at the time tried to belly flop onto our dog's bed by jumping off of ours. The dog's bed was only about an inch of fluff because the dogs had worn it down so much, but it looked thicker and before I could stop her she jumped and all you could hear was a 'thud' of her belly flopping on the floor. Luckily she got up with a 'I'm okay' and she was perfectly fine, but I couldn't help but laugh.

a week or so after my lo was born i realized one of her sleep sacks she wore to bed a few times still had that little plastic thing that attaches the pricetag. i thought i was so careful about getting them off of all her clothes! i hope it didn't poke her the whole night :(

i also accidentally gave her a static shock by walking across the rug in slippers then touching her head. she NEVER cries but she did when i shocked her, only for a few seconds though. i cried a little too!

so nothing too bad so far, but then she is only 9.5 weeks old!

well the reason my LO sttn now cos i let her cry for 3mins then went in and carried this on now she sleeps 12hrs used to sleep 30mins at a time.

and one night when LO was 4weeks old i tried for ages to stick her dummy in to relise why she was resisting it was her eye!! :rofl:

LO fell out of the bed last night.. should have known better than to let her sleep so close to the edge. She landed on her face and started screaming - woke up OH (who HAS NEVER woken up before when she cries).

I barely slept for the rest of the night feeling guilty.

I feel bad for not being able to take my sons pacifier away.It helps him fall asleep and ever since the new baby hes been clinging to it. but i just cant take it away,i tried and after seeing him cry and crying for it i caved :(

Have you thought about supernanny's method? Its something like getting a gift bag and getting him to put all his dummy's in it to give to the dummy fairy so she can give them to the little babies who need them, then you hang it on the front door when he goes to bed, if he asks for them remind him the dummy fairy needs them, while he's in bed get rid of all the dummies in the bin where he won't find them, put a little present in the bag and sprinkle some glitter.
In theory he will be so distracted by the excitement and magic he won't need them. If he asks for them just remind him that he gave them to the fairy.

Bit less stressful than when mine was taken away, I was about three and my uncle pulled it out of my mouth said "you don't need that anymore" and threw it out the car window, it's one of my earliest memories and apparently I cried, had nightmares and wet the bed for months. I wouldn't reccomend that method lol

Have you thought about supernanny's method? Its something like getting a gift bag and getting him to put all his dummy's in it to give to the dummy fairy so she can give them to the little babies who need them, then you hang it on the front door when he goes to bed, if he asks for them remind him the dummy fairy needs them, while he's in bed get rid of all the dummies in the bin where he won't find them, put a little present in the bag and sprinkle some glitter.
In theory he will be so distracted by the excitement and magic he won't need them. If he asks for them just remind him that he gave them to the fairy.

Bit less stressful than when mine was taken away, I was about three and my uncle pulled it out of my mouth said "you don't need that anymore" and threw it out the car window, it's one of my earliest memories and apparently I cried, had nightmares and wet the bed for months. I wouldn't reccomend that method lol

The dummy fairy is such a nice idea!

I stepped away from the bed for a second the other day when changing her. She dived off it head-first and smacked her head off the side of her cot. She didn't cry for long, thank god, but I couldn't believe how stupid I'd been. Still can't get the image of her little body falling out of my mind.

Dummy fairy definitely sounds better than what my inlaws did with OH's dummy - they burnt it in the fire in front of him :(

I was putting Ivy in her cot the other night and banged her head when I was half asleep then shit myself!! x

I took the baby to a zoo and it had one of those little area with water and sprinklers that the kids run through. It was totally dry and the baby was walking around while I looked for the "on" button. So....I found it and turned it on right when my daughter had her face on top of a set of very pressurized jets and she went flying, crying, crawling away so fast --- I picked her up and she stopped crying 10 second later so I don't think she got hurt she just got shocked. Poor baby! :dohh:

In the hospital the day after my son was born I went to change his tarry meconioum filled nappy, so I tug the nappy down and hear a scream.. I'd only nearly pulled his poor little balls off that were stuck fast to the nappy.

Poor poor sod, Ill tell him that when hes 18! :D

I also dropped his bottle on his head when feeding him twice but he really isnt bothered! haha xx

I felt so bad, had been up pumping every 2hrs and was so tired that I let Kezzy cio. I feel so bad.

I didn't give Maria bedtime booby last night. Its been two days since she's fed now :(

I stroked los hair today, and found an 'egg' im not sure when that happened :(
Though in my defence he ALWAYS gets a cuddle when he cries and i suppose there has been a few cuddles where i didnt no what hed done or hurt

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->