The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

I felt so bad, had been up pumping every 2hrs and was so tired that I let Kezzy cio. I feel so bad.

Awww...I've left lo to cry several times when I've been frustrated and fed up. I always feel horrible after and give him lots of cuddles and love.

My guilty moment, lo woke at 5:30am for a feed, brought him to bed with me as usual and as I was getting us sorted to nurse him lying down, I brought my arm up to put under my pillow and cracked him on the head with my elbow. He howled!!! :(

Dummy fairy definitely sounds better than what my inlaws did with OH's dummy - they burnt it in the fire in front of him :(

how traumatising.....at least they did not do it with his teddy bear...

my lo has allways had a dummy but since this cold came in he wants nowt to do with it , i do have 20 of the buggers tho as i have them everywhere as he was such a pain if he dropped it, go figure!!

Flynns poorly, he's been coughing fOr a few days and I just assumed it was a normal cough and wasn't too concerned, he had been vomiting too which I was a bit more worried about but at midnight last night he coughed in his sleep and vomited, he choked on it, then he was up and really upset for two hours so we threw some clothes on and drove him to a&e to get checked out, when we arrived (at 2:20am) Flynn was happily smiling and waving away and barely coughed at all!! Then we realised that the pjs we'd chucked on him coz of the sick on the others were too small, his nails needed cutting and he'd scratched his tummy, we must've looked terrible! Turns out he has bronchiolitis and is almost clinically dehydrated, not quite enough to make them do anything but enough that I'm now freaking out, we have to give small feeds little and often to help get more fluids into him and so if he's sick he's not lost a full feed. We need to watch his breathing in case he can't breathe and keep an eye on his wees in case he stops weeing which would mean he is properly dehydrated and needs a drip, he's doing less than a table spoon at a time and he's only been wet three times today but the dr said if he stops all together to take him back. He's keeping more fluids down today and all together all day he's managed about 6oz that he didn't throw up, he's only been sick twice do hopefully I'm fretting over nothing.

So bad mummy- didn't price he was properly ill and thought it was just a bit of a cold, took him to the hospital in too small pjs an with a scratch from his long nails and have taken to obsessively looking in his nappy for wee and kept looking at his ridge in the bath to see I he weed, he did tho so it was totally worth it!

This weekend was the first time LO and I stayed with my OH I am so use to taking care of her mostly by myself except the 3-5 hours every other day he comes over to help with her that I really 'used' him this weekend. I would get up and feed her in the night and leave him to burp and settle her to sleep while I slept and this morning I was feeling sick so he took care of her completely except when I fed her. He didn't seem bothered by it at all but when he dropped us off and left she wouldn't sleep for hours and kept crying. She obviously misses her daddy and I feel awful this is the first time I've let him come get us for the weekend.

LO just woke up and it made me cry because I am so tired my head hurts and all I want is a shower. Sleepless nights are great (NOT)

Wow, I thought I was the only one! Good to know I'm not alone...:blush:

I keep reminding myself that this is my first child/baby I've taken care of so good I'm learning from my mistakes... I still feel horrible about these though!

My son was a month old (ish) and I'd taken him to my old work where my cousin now works. On the way out I caught his poor head on the door frame :dohh:

When my son was about 2-3 months old I had left him on the couch to go make him a bottle and he rolled over onto the floor (he wasn't rolling over at this time so it surprised me), I now put him in his high chair, on the floor on his play mat, or in his jumper.

Now my son is 5 months, and this weekend my husband and I just got home from grocery shopping and had stopped by the mailbox and grabbed all our mail. Since my husband was opening the door and had Kyle in his other hand he put the mail in the carseat with him (he was sleeping.) Since he was sleeping we left him in his carseat and placed him in the front room. I went into our bedroom to grab something and my husband followed me and since baby was down we decided to take a few quiet moments with eachother (no, NOT what you're thinking :winkwink:) the next thing we know we hear raddling so my husband went to investigate... he brought back what used to be an envelope ... half of it had been eaten. :dohh:

I did the online shopping last night, me and Flynn are both still sick so it's mostly treats for me and snacks for him, he's struggling to eat anything but breadsticks ATM and hardly keeping milk down either. There's nothing nice for dh :smack:

It has been a fight all day to get LO to go down for naps (and lately because of 4 mo. regrettion) bed times too.

As a result I have eating nachos, cupcakes and now a piece of cake. ugh

Having read some of these mine isn't that bad :rofl: LO is only a few days old and wouldn't settle in his crib this morning after daddy had gone to work and mummy had done all the night feeds so I picke him up and gave him a cuddle...and woke up three hours later with him asleep in my arms on the settee :O Ok he wasn't hurt but seriously how many different people have warned me to never ever ever sleep with a baby on a settee...it was an accident :p

LO was up for a feed in the night, she was sick and I don't know how but she had somehow managed to get it into her eye! I wiped it as soon as it happened but when she woke up this morning, her eye had gone all gunky and was sealed shut! Health Visitor said it could just be coincidence or could be from last night but to just bathe it and it will clear up. I cried most of this morning as felt so guilty even though there was nothing I could do about it and it doesn't seem to bother her in the slightest apart from when I clean it! She is still so new. I hate her being ill!

I handed Maria over to a stranger to hold while she was having a tantrum in the airport today. I was just exhausted and couldn't handle her. :(

Oh dear, another one this morning. We've got into a habit of co-sleeping in the mornings while on holiday so did it again this morning now we're home but now we're not sleeping in a bedroom that has a closed door (only a curtain between bedroom and kitchen) so I woke up this morning to hear Maria playing in the kitchen by herself!

She's such a cheeky chops!
Time for a safety gate?

I think so as she has gained a lot of strength since going away and now she can open all the drawers in there.

I managed to squirt breastmilk into Charlotte's eye yesterday morning....bad mummy :(

The other day I was putting DS into his activity center and the blanket we use to help support him from leaning forward wasn't within arms reach, so I had to walk over to get it. By the time I turned around he was trying to reach for his rings that were on the activity center's little table top and as a result was almost laying his head on it. Before I could get to him he was able to push himself from it, back to sitting straight, got a look on his face like 'Whoo hoo I did it!" only to quickly bounce off the back of the seat causing him to throw forward again and catch his forehead on the little table. Thankfully he only cried for less than a minute, but I just held him and told him it was going to be okay...that since he was my child (I'm accident prone!) there would many more of those to come. :blush:

I accidentally dropped my phone on jaspers forehead :( he only cried for a few seconds though, poor little guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->