The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

I accidentally dropped my phone on jaspers forehead :( he only cried for a few seconds though, poor little guy.

Aww I wouldn't worry too much about that, flynns so used to me dropping stuff on him and banging his head on stuff he doesn't even react anymore! If I drop something on him or into the pushchair he just gives me a really disdainful look picks it up and drops it on the floor! This morning dh carried him into the kitchen and tapped his head (a glancing blow, he's a boy he's tough) on the cooker hood, I said to dh "careful you banged his head" he wouldn't believe me even though I'd seen it coz he hadn't cried or made a peep, I didn't want to have to explain to dh that as I have issues with depth perception the baby is used to bouncing off stuff... I put him down on the floor the other day and the floor was three inches lower than I thought and I basically put him halfway down and dropped him! He didn't care, he thought it was funny and it was ok coz I was putting him on his padded playmat and sil who is a social worker was there and she just laughed too so it's all good lol

:rofl: I shouldn't laugh but I was taking bubs out of the room this morning and didn't realise she'd pushed herself passed the length of my elbow and clocked her on the door frame :dohh:

Maria is always getting bumped and banged too but mostly its her own fault now :haha:

This morning I pretended to be asleep when Maria woke up so OH would deal with her stinky bum and then I had a nice lie in :)

Sophia started screaming and screaming, i tried rocking, feeding, bouncing, cuddling, changing- nothing worked. She just screamed louder! Out of pure exasperation I let out an almighty scream, louder than hers. Poor baby she immediately stoppped and just looked at me like I was crazy:wacko: I feel so bad :nope:

Probably surprised her and she forgot what she was supposed to be upset about lol, it also works with tantrums, it used to work a treat with my neice, if she started screaming in a shop or wherever and demanding stuff I'd just scream back louder lol, that and totallyignoring her and just walking away to finish off worked every time! She was either surprised and forgot or was more worried we would leave her behind.

Not sure whetheer to feel good or happy; going to work tomorrow night.

One of my twins pushed the safety gate open this morning and my oldest daughter found her in the bathroom- I was on BnB and had no idea she had even escaped :blush:
Time to put up that second gate at the bathroom!

little man is 7 weeks old, I had been feeding him and he fell asleep on the bottle but had loads of wind. I knew if I didnt get it up he'd wake up screaming in 5 mins anyway so I put him on the sofa (it's a bit cold so wakes him up as its easier to get his wind up while hes awake) felt a bit peckish so left him to wake up while I ran in the kitchen for all of 30 seconds to cut myself a piece of chocolate fudge brownie, just as I finish I hear a scream. poor little man I forgot he kicks his legs and pushes against things. he was lay on his front on the floor :( I felt so bad especially as I'd selfishly gone and got some brownie and it wasnt urgent lol. he was fine though, I felt worse!!

I feel like an absolutely horrid mother. On saturday, my OH was repotting all of our plants, DD was sitting on the stairs watching him and I was reading a text message I had received to OH. In what seemed like slow motion my DD stood up and tried to step down to the nest stair... fell and skinned her poor little nose!!! :cry: :cry: Everytime I look at her nose, I get a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach.. I was right there!! I should have grabbed her up!!

I feel the need to unburden myself...

Last week I was taking a bath with LO but I forgot that my pelvic floor muscles are a bit ruined. As I stepped into the bath it was quite cool and I accidentally dribbled a little :blush: but I didn't want to run a whole other bath for LO so I quickly washed us and got out :rofl:

Yesterday, I went to visit my Mums and forgot that my brother always leaves stuff lying around that LO shouldn't have. Well I wasn't watching her and then she came wandering through quite happily drinking a glass of coke, she'd had half a small glass!!

I accidentally pushed my LO over last week too.

And I am guilty of taking her out with a bit of snotty nose or bed hair as I can't be bothered with the tantrum when I try to fix it :rofl:

Ah Maria has a constantly snotty nose at the moment as she's getting over a cold and I can't deal with the tantrums either!

I left my baby for literally 30 seconds on her play mat while I nipped out of the room to do something. When I got back she'd rolled herself across the room and had eaten half the cardboard label off my new slippers :wacko: I'll be keeping an eye on her nappies tomorrow! She's just learned today that rolling over and over gets her around.

I'm sure there's nothing to worry about. Sophie must have eaten at least 16 carboard boxes in her short life :rofl:.

Me n hubby left the kids with the grandparents for a week so we can get away and were going 7000km away...

Omg me & hubby are leaving the kids with grandma for 5days to go to the winter music conference in Miami. My lo has a cold & I'm freaking out! Im already crying & we're not leaving until tomorrow. The trip was my Christmas present to DH as he thought our traveling is OVER so was trying to prove a point - but now I just don't know how I'm going to get through the next 5 days:cry:

I've snapped at my son couple of times but i am terrible when i am tired! and after i have done it i felt terrible...

i also banged his head a while ago when i bathed him (but luckily he seems fine)

I am so frustrated right now that I told OH to 'fucking take her'.

I am so TIRED of rocking for 4, 5, 6, 7 hours a day just to get her to sleep.. EVERY DAMN DAY! GRR. I feel like a terrible person because I am so angry right now but damn this is getting old.

Bandk it is normal to get frustrated. Sleep deprivation is a be-atch! There's been times when her gran has taken my lo so I can sleep and I have felt sick when going to pick her up! Doesn't mean we don't love them more than anything.

I put Maria in woolen socks today so I could watch her slip and slide on the laminate floor. It amuses me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->