The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

I wrote up the last four lines of that poem and stuck it on my fridge when Maria was born to remind me of what was important

I hardly ever remember to wash my baby's face. >_< I bathe him and wash his hair sometimes but somehow it never occurs to me to wash his face! I realised tonight that I haven't washed it in a while and I feel pretty terrible about it! Mind you, in spite of the lack of face-washing he has beautiful skin so nobody would ever know. But all that spit-up... ewwww... I kind of feel ashamed that I don't remember to do this simple thing!

I posted it to Facebook and I know a few mummies on there shared it along, one is a mummy blogger and she shared it on her blog too, she gets thousands of visitors there.
It's been shared round a few lol

today after taking 3 hours to put lo to sleep she slept for 13 min and I yelled at her and told her I hated her. :( hope she doesn't understand/remember....

On that day I never again dared to breastfeed on the sofa, now I know why they say "Never breastfeed while tired on the sofa"

That's near impossible not to do haha. I'm exhausted just from having a newborn and the sofa just happens to be the most practical spot for me to nurse her. I can't count how many times I've dozed off while nursing. I hate that I do it but I can't help it.

today after taking 3 hours to put lo to sleep she slept for 13 min and I yelled at her and told her I hated her. :( hope she doesn't understand/remember....

I can't tell you how many times I did this with DS1. He definitely doesn't remember, hell - sometimes I lose the plot with him now and he still loves me just as much.

I can't tell you how many times I did this with DS1. He definitely doesn't remember, hell - sometimes I lose the plot with him now and he still loves me just as much.

Last week my LO just screamed for about 6 hours and I was at my wits end -I just put him in his moses basket and cried. Today I put him in his baby chair and I trapped his skin whilst fastening him in. I felt so sick - he cried for a couple of mins and has a graze but is perfectly fine now but I still feel sick and useless! I just feel like the worst mum ever

OMG went out with my mum today and her car doesn't have isofix. We stopped at the shops and when we got back in the car I completely forgot to do up the car seat belt!!!! Whoops, best not mention that to daddy!!

I found a long, half eaten strip of loo roll in LO's cot this morning! It must have got stuck to her sleeping bag while I was getting her ready for bed. It had been used for bogies as she has a cold.

Last week I left the room to put something in the kitchen when I heard LO making noises as if she was eating something, like proper yummy noises. She'd been rolling round on the floor so I went to inspect but couldn't see anything. For 10 mins she kept making these yummy noises and I kept looking. In the end I had to put my finger in there (not recommended, I know) and I fished out a 3cm splinter of wood she'd managed to find. When I imagine the damage that could have done if she'd swallowed it it makes me shiver! It was very sharp and pointy.

Scary! The amount of things Maria has managed to get into her mouth has terrified me but thankfully now she's old enough to spit it out when I ask (not long ago she tried to eat screws!)

The other day I was getting LO ready for nursery. She didn't need a bum change but i though what the hey and changed her anyway. So as you can probably guess, as soon as the nappy came off, LO peed everywhere!

Her vest was a write-off and her t-shirt was wet all up the back. But the thing was, I really liked the outfit I'd picked out for her....so I dried the pee puddle with the hair dryer, put it back on her and took her to nursery!

The other day I was getting LO ready for nursery. She didn't need a bum change but i though what the hey and changed her anyway. So as you can probably guess, as soon as the nappy came off, LO peed everywhere!

Her vest was a write-off and her t-shirt was wet all up the back. But the thing was, I really liked the outfit I'd picked out for her....so I dried the pee puddle with the hair dryer, put it back on her and took her to nursery!

That is hilarious:)!! Love it:)!

I feel terrible tonight.
Last night OH took over the nightwatch and let me sleep but I am still soo exhausted. I had no idea how hard it would be with twins! They hardly ever let up! And we now suspect that one of the boys is suffering from silent reflux. But in a way I almost hope it is that cause why else would he wake yelling his head off 20 minutes after dropping off over his feed? Why would it take almost 2 hours for him to settle after a feed?
I feel terrible.
When I drove to the all night pharmacy to get some colief I imagined turning the car towards Dover and just driving through the tunnel and the night till I reached Switzerland and my mum and leave it all behind. I didn't really want to leave but for a moment it was a sweet fantasy.
I feel terrible but I am not enjoying this very much right now.

I think most of us have been there AngelUK :hugs:. And that with just one baby! You're doing an amazing job with twins! Just keep thinking of how rewarding it is! :hugs:

I once dropped Flynn off with his grandma and considered not going back.
It's exhausting looking after one baby let alone two who don't settle easily! I don't think there's many mums who haven't had a mad moment of thinking "what the hell have I done?" theyre only tiny yet, it'll be all worthwhile one day when the crawl over and force you to eat a Cheerio they found under the sofa then give you a big hug and sloppy baby kisses! (flynns new thing is feeding people, it's usually something gross like a pre-softened breadstick or something he found on the floor lol)

I feel terrible tonight.
Last night OH took over the nightwatch and let me sleep but I am still soo exhausted. I had no idea how hard it would be with twins! They hardly ever let up! And we now suspect that one of the boys is suffering from silent reflux. But in a way I almost hope it is that cause why else would he wake yelling his head off 20 minutes after dropping off over his feed? Why would it take almost 2 hours for him to settle after a feed?
I feel terrible.
When I drove to the all night pharmacy to get some colief I imagined turning the car towards Dover and just driving through the tunnel and the night till I reached Switzerland and my mum and leave it all behind. I didn't really want to leave but for a moment it was a sweet fantasy.
I feel terrible but I am not enjoying this very much right now.

i would have never admitted i felt the same way once(or twice :cry:) if you didnt post this... Its a horrible thought but one time i thought what if I just left my baby with OH and never came back....and she is actually a really good baby she STTN, only cries when she has pee or is really hungry... And not to mention she is beautiful and melts my heard eveyr single day. I think every mom thinks that at least once whether they want to admit it or not, even though we would never actually do it..

Had a shit week. Baby rolled off the couch! Then I aciddently bumped his head on the soda cooler in line at the store trying to juggle holding him and digging through my purse. THEN I thought I locked the swing tray and he kicked it up and some how fell on the floor. :cry: thankfully he only cried for seconds until I loved on him

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->