The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

I once dropped Flynn off with his grandma and considered not going back.
It's exhausting looking after one baby let alone two who don't settle easily! I don't think there's many mums who haven't had a mad moment of thinking "what the hell have I done?" theyre only tiny yet, it'll be all worthwhile one day when the crawl over and force you to eat a Cheerio they found under the sofa then give you a big hug and sloppy baby kisses! (flynns new thing is feeding people, it's usually something gross like a pre-softened breadstick or something he found on the floor lol)

I agree-some days I rip my hair out with one. Big hugs to all especially Mother's of multiples!
FYI-you should NEVER refuse food from a child lmao!!!! Love the soggy breadstick found on the floor! Thanks 4 the chuckle:)

Today I was fed a piece of omelette (not even soggy lol) a raisin that he'd been chewing for a while and decided to spit out and offer to me (I admit I pretended to eat that, I have some standards) oh and a drink of juice from his sippy cup.

My confession is that my baby is a bully, we went to see a friend with a baby the other day and he pulled the babies hair so she fell over and bit her face, I was mortified! Today he's been to crèche while I did my course and apparently spent the whole time there pinching, biting Aand pulling the hair of the other babies, at one point he knocked a baby over and jumped onto his back.

The other night, LO was being EXTREMELY fussy beyond comprehension and nothing was working to calm her. OH was sitting there trying to help but I was beyond annoyed already. I yelled at him to back away and said I needed to put her down before I threw her across the room and was seconds away from bashing my own head into the table. It was a really rough night.

Today I was fed a piece of omelette (not even soggy lol) a raisin that he'd been chewing for a while and decided to spit out and offer to me (I admit I pretended to eat that, I have some standards) oh and a drink of juice from his sippy cup.

My confession is that my baby is a bully, we went to see a friend with a baby the other day and he pulled the babies hair so she fell over and bit her face, I was mortified! Today he's been to crèche while I did my course and apparently spent the whole time there pinching, biting Aand pulling the hair of the other babies, at one point he knocked a baby over and jumped onto his back.

Sophie is like this :blush:. She crawls up to babies, pulls up on them and then starts banging them on the head :(. She's a meanie!

I was knackered this morning cos Maria decided to get up for the day at 5:20 (usually gets up around 10) so at 8 I shut us both in the bedroom and I went to sleep while she played.

My LO fell out of his bumbo yesterday and it wouldn't have been so bad but it was about 2 feet up on a small chair so that he could join us at the dinner table out on the patio. (Lesson learned.......don't put occupied bumbo in high places....bad mummy! :nope:) He flung himself backwards and the whole thing went flying!! :( The only good thing is that there was a giant flower pot below him and his head fell into that before he topped to the ground. The soft dirt helped to break his fall as well as cushion his head a bit. I felt awful and immediately picked him up, cuddled him, and nursed him until he calmed down. There's no bump, just a red area that was covered in dirt.

We were having a dinner party with friends so I didn't freak out and cause a scene but I wanted to start bawling!! :cry: Everyone was a bit concerned but as soon as he calmed down, they started telling me stories about when their LOs were small and all the bumps and tumbles they received. It made me feel a bit better. Still.....it took me a while to shake that scared feeling. Like I said, lesson learned!!

I just let my 2 month old cry it out for 30 minutes before he exhausted himself to sleep. I promised himself I wouldn't use CIO this time around. I feel like the worst mother ever :(

OMG went out with my mum today and her car doesn't have isofix. We stopped at the shops and when we got back in the car I completely forgot to do up the car seat belt!!!! Whoops, best not mention that to daddy!!

I did that yesterday, only drove a mile up the road with LO 'unbelted' but I was devasted & felt such a bad mum. So glad to have seen your post, it made me feel better knowing I'm not the only one who has done this.

DS has this bright starts ball that has lots of buttons and lights and rolls around on its own. Well he was in his activity walker and I set it on the tray for him to play with. After 15 min. he got bored with it and started chewing on the tray. The ball kept rolling around and started wacking him in the face. He just looked annoyed and tried to push the ball away and go back to chewing on the tray, but it kept rolling back and wacking him again. This back-n-forth battle went on for a good 5 min. and I couldn't help but laugh the whole time because every time the ball rolled into his face it would say 'Play with me!'

Bad mommy for not removing the ball, but rather using it for my personal entertainment...

DS has this bright starts ball that has lots of buttons and lights and rolls around on its own. Well he was in his activity walker and I set it on the tray for him to play with. After 15 min. he got bored with it and started chewing on the tray. The ball kept rolling around and started wacking him in the face. He just looked annoyed and tried to push the ball away and go back to chewing on the tray, but it kept rolling back and wacking him again. This back-n-forth battle went on for a good 5 min. and I couldn't help but laugh the whole time because every time the ball rolled into his face it would say 'Play with me!'

Bad mommy for not removing the ball, but rather using it for my personal entertainment...

:haha::haha::haha: love it!!

I was at baby group yesterday and during snck I was pretending to eat
Flynns food, complete with nom nom nom sounds, I accidentally but his finger, nor hard coz he laughed rather than cried but one of the Other mums saw and I felt awful.
Then I laughed when a girl beat him up too, he's been biting and terrorising other babies for a bit, he's bigger stronger more mobile and has more teeth than a lot of babies his age, he tried it on with a baby girl, he tried grabbing her tutu skirt so she smacked him and pushed him over, again he didn't cry but he was much better behaved after.
(were working on the bullying)

When Millie was newborn I was clipping her long nails which I thought I did well as she didn't complain or wriggle or anything :happydance:

The next day I noticed little scabs on the top of some of her fingers...I'd cut he fingers!! I felt AWFUL!!!:nope: Haven't done it since though :thumbup: Lesson learnt!

giving double the dose of Ibuprofen by accident (another friend).

I done this today :blush: Noah was screaming today cos of his teeth & in a rush i gave him 5ml of Ibuprofen insted of 2.5ml!

Was worried, kept my eye on him & he was fine! :dohh:

I'm so glad I'm not the only one too!! I had paracectamol in a bottle after his jabs and I saw it said 5ml on the bottle and the syringe was 5ml so I gave him 5ml :dohh: in fact it was just telling me that's how big the syringe was (thanks for that!) and in tiny writing said to give 2.5ml :dohh: I was sobbing and ready for rushing to A&E thinking I'd overdosed my baby, then I looked it up and found it's only classed as an overdose if it's more than you should have in 24 hours (I'd given him 5ml at once but that was all he had in 13 hours *phew*

What made me feel double guilty was that I was boasting about how long he'd slept through the night....................... course he had, I'd bloody dosed him up and zonked him out eek!!!!!!!! :nope::blush:

OMG went out with my mum today and her car doesn't have isofix. We stopped at the shops and when we got back in the car I completely forgot to do up the car seat belt!!!! Whoops, best not mention that to daddy!!

I did that yesterday, only drove a mile up the road with LO 'unbelted' but I was devasted & felt such a bad mum. So glad to have seen your post, it made me feel better knowing I'm not the only one who has done this.

I realised the other day that I'd been getting lifts with my parents for weeks without asking if they'd turned their front airbags off (they have a multipla so me, my mum and little one can all sit in a row which is sweet). Turns out they had no idea they were supposed to have done and told me off for not checking because I'm the mum! Hah...eek! Srted now though!

Mine isn't that bad but I had put him down at like 9 and was excited about going to bed early- of course he was up at 9:30 til almost midnight...by 11 I was so beat, we were laying on the couch and I had him over my shoulder burping him and dozed off, he must have yanked his head back suddenly and his weight flipped him off my shoulder... luckily I felt the movement and caught the baby as he went flying off my shoulder but if he would have hit the floor I would have been devastated :(

Normally whenever we go anywhere with LO in the car, I'll sit in the backseat next to her because she has a tendency to wind up with her head leaning too far forward. She had been doing well so the other night we went shopping and on the way home, I sat up front instead. We stopped at Taco Bell for dinner and while in the drive-thru waiting to pull up to the window, we hear her breathing weird. OH turns around to check on her and starts freaking out telling me to get her out of the car seat. I'm thinking she's choking or dead or something, so I fly out of my seat, open the back door and unbuckle her as fast as I can (with a huge line of cars behind us.) She starts crying (I probably scared her) and I sit back down in the front seat cuddling her.

OH tells me that her head was so far forward that her cheek was to her chest and she wasn't really breathing. We were both in such a state of shock that we just drove home with me holding her. We live literally right next door to the Taco Bell, out their driveway only to turn right into ours but still... I felt terrible not strapping her back in but we were all still so freaked out by it.

So now I still sit in the backseat with her, until she has better control over her neck/head muscles.

Mine isn't that bad but I had put him down at like 9 and was excited about going to bed early- of course he was up at 9:30 til almost midnight...by 11 I was so beat, we were laying on the couch and I had him over my shoulder burping him and dozed off, he must have yanked his head back suddenly and his weight flipped him off my shoulder... luckily I felt the movement and caught the baby as he went flying off my shoulder but if he would have hit the floor I would have been devastated :(

I was the first one to bump Hannah's head (I think I'm the only one to do it so far.) She was asleep in my arms while I was sat at my desk checking emails. I went to get up and leaned forward, banging her head on my laptop. She didn't even flinch but I felt terrible.

My "Bad Mom" moment is sort of a consistent thing...
I find that I HATE breastfeeding. I want my LO to have breastmilk, and I want to breastfeed more than anything, but as soon as I sit down with her I get fidgity and annoyed and I just can't stand it. Every once in a while I can tolerate feeding her while I lay next to her, but for the most part I feel like breastfeeding is eating my life and I can't do anything else if I breastfeed her!
I have to use both hands when I feed her to keep her in place, so I can't read or eat when I feed her. All I can do is watch TV which gets so old after a day or two of constant feeding! I've almost completely switched to feeding her expressed breastmilk from a bottle that way Daddy can do it too and I can get a break.
I just feel so bad though, like I'm giving up or something...but I just really don't like it!

My "Bad Mom" moment is sort of a consistent thing...
I find that I HATE breastfeeding. I want my LO to have breastmilk, and I want to breastfeed more than anything, but as soon as I sit down with her I get fidgity and annoyed and I just can't stand it. Every once in a while I can tolerate feeding her while I lay next to her, but for the most part I feel like breastfeeding is eating my life and I can't do anything else if I breastfeed her!
I have to use both hands when I feed her to keep her in place, so I can't read or eat when I feed her. All I can do is watch TV which gets so old after a day or two of constant feeding! I've almost completely switched to feeding her expressed breastmilk from a bottle that way Daddy can do it too and I can get a break.
I just feel so bad though, like I'm giving up or something...but I just really don't like it!

I can relate... I stared to feel the same way about it. It didn't help that she was starting to refuse the breast, scream bloody murder instead of latching on, etc etc etc. But just know you're not alone in those feelings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->