The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

That's terrifying!
Glad she's ok, hope shes not too scared of baths now!
I'm impressed she would fit in a baby bath tbh, Flynn outgrew his by about 3 1/2- 4 months!

She's not scared of her bathtub. She still kicks away like mad. She has a Eurobath tub which is massive. On one side is the infant side where she lays down and the other side is for toddlers and babies that can sit up. She's also just barely 14 lbs at 6 months so on the long and skinny side.

Wanted to share on this. I left my glass of lemonade on the side table without thinking and turned my back when i looked bak my jus turned 1 yo starting drinking from it. He defo had some lemonade.. Oops! On the plus side he drank v well from glass! Might have to try a cup!

My confession is I give my baby tastes pf everything..strawberries banana and even once the creme inside an oreo I know I'm not supposed to but I do anyways.

I did that a bit with Flynn, only tastes, I doubt he digested much of it, now at 10 months he eats everything we do and adores fruit and veg! Hes been eating all the same meals as us since 6 months, he loves curry lol
I'd say avoid the allergens till she's old enough to fight off any reaction and it's up to you what you feed your baby.

It's funny, I always feel like I want to give Kristin a taste of stuff when she's staring but the little voice in my head that sounds like my husband tells me NO!

Hayz, that's cute that your LO drank some lemonade. You need a new ticker for his birthday now. :)

As long as it wasn't special adult lemonade I think he's fine LOL

OK, here's my first confession. LO crawled over and sat by the sofa. I looked down to check he was ok, as he was just out of sight, and he was happily playing away. A few minutes later, he came over for a feed and I thought his hands were a little sticky, but thought that maybe they're just clammy. Afterwards, I had a look around for my lipsal and realised he's eaten it. There was about a quarter of it left in there. :blush:

LOL, at least it won't hurt him. I am assuming that's something like our Chapstick for dry lips and not women's lipstick that's colored?

LOL, at least it won't hurt him. I am assuming that's something like our Chapstick for dry lips and not women's lipstick that's colored?

It was toffee flavoured vaseline. He probably wanted it more because of the toffee flavour, I know, but he's always after all my lipsals, even the plain ones. He seems his chirpy self though.

Not my confession. But the night we brought LO home I went to get ready for bed and OH decided it was a good idea to balance things on her head. He had a little sample bottle of moisturiser that he put on her head and it fell and the corner hit her cheek and left a little mark for a couple of days. She didn't cry but he felt so bad. Bless him.

This thread is grreeeeat!!! Mine is not one I am very proud of and am def. trying to change!! I have found that I dont spend as much time with DD#1 and it kiilllllssss me!!! :(

I am trying to be guilt-free about this so support would help :)

My LO won't sleep in the crib or bassinet but will sleep in the bouncer- I believe because he is surrounded with padding in the bouncer and it simulates the womb. I bought a sleep positioner and have seen the horrible reviews of it because of babies that are able to turn over in their sleep suffocating with them. I don't intend to use it longer than a couple weeks to get him used to sleeping in the bassinet and since he can't roll over yet I am hoping its ok... I just don't know how else to get him to sleep in the bassinet. I've tried rolled up receiving blankets, and swaddling him (he breaks out of it, doesn't like to be tightly swaddled anymore), so I don't know what else to do. But if you google sleep positioner there is nothing but horrible articles and warnings about them :(

:hugs: All you can do really is try not to worry so much. Maybe get one of those Angelcare movement monitors if it would ease your worrying?
When Maria was that age she slept on her tummy (bad I know) and I used to wake up so many times in the night just to check she was still breathing.

Hope your little guy gets used to sleeping in the bassinet soon

I let my DD have a bit of time in the sun without cream yesterday (but with a hat), as she has CP and I thought it might do her skin some good (the Vit D too). I don't know why I did it since I am usually Supercautiousmummy. This morning she has woken up with pink arms. Pale pink, but still pink.

I should be shot.

Went to the pool yesterday and lo spent 20 mins in the water and got a little sun burnt, nothing that is hurting him, but I feel bad :( He has a farmers tan/burn

This morning as bubzy woke up for her morning feed, I decided I'd read to her. Got up to get the book, got a little dizzy and proceeded to knock a couple sims games onto her head :dohh: lots of kisses and cuddles later I think she's forgiven me?

Oh and I've dropped iPhone on her aswell. It's unbelievable!

glad I'm not alone here but my LO managed to get a burnt cheek, nose and shoulder yesterday :( we weren't even in the sun just the shade. Put sun cream on but only in the morning and obviously should have topped it up. She's not in pain or anything but every time i see her little red nose i wanna cry! I’m now to embarrassed to take her to see HV in case she thinks i'm an awful mum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->