The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

I just put Zach to sleep on his tummy. It was either that or CIO. I'm going to Hell for this.

Tonight trying to get my girls to sleep, one of them REFUSED- she laid there kicking and doing what I call "the crocodile death roll" . After an hour of this I lost my cool and GROWLED at her to shut the fuck up :nope: She, however, thought this was hilarious :dohh:

Best thing I've heard all day! Just woke up LO who was sleeping on my chest with my uncontrollable laughter! :dohh:

I just put Zach to sleep on his tummy. It was either that or CIO. I'm going to Hell for this.

I don't think at his age that's a bad thing anymore? Does he roll over to his stomach on his own if you let him? I have read that so long as babies can roll from back to stomach that sleeping on their stomach isn't a risk for SIDS anymore as the reason its dangerous for tiny infants is they don't have the neck strength to pull their face away from the bedding and suffocate. If they have the muscle tone to roll over then they have the muscle tone to turn their head to the side so that they can breathe.

I would say when it comes to collicky babies like yours whatever works for the both of you should be ok so long as you're not hanging him upside down by his ankles or something :hugs:

I was feeding my LO the other day, when he was finished I noticed his hand and arm was purple and kinda cold. Then I realised he usually puts his arm under my boob when he's feeding and this time the weight of my boob stopped his circulation. I felt horrible but when it comes to feeding now I make sure his hands are out of the way.

I feel like the only word that has left my mouth for two days is "NO" - And I HATE saying it all the time- I would so much rather distract and replace that say no. But after three days of little to no sleep and sick snotty strompy babies, I have no patience or wherewithal to do anything other than say NO. :nope:

half a cider and black today as the weather is so bloody hot here, ive not touched a drop since finding out i was pregnant, now i feel tipsy and guilty x

My lo whines whenever I'm in sight. He constantly wants to be held by me. So sometimes I put him in his saucer in a corner where he can't see me. Gotta get things done somehow! :haha:

ive been staying at my parents' recently

ive been told apparently i sleep through some of my baby's cries at night. it doesnt help that we cosleep and his face is literally 30cm away from mine ;o

I was being lazy while tidying up my babys toys, his playmat with toys on it was on the floor, I picked the whole lot up together, unfortunately one toy rattle fell out and landed staright on my sons forehead, he cried blue murder, I felt so guilty because seconds before he was watching me and smiling at me after we had a fun 10 minute session of chatting and singing together :( naughty mummy won't cut corners next time x

I honestly thought about putting nyquil or whiskey in my son's bottle last night because he wouldn't go to sleep and was so crabby! Obviously I'd never do that but I know back in the day they did!

I was being lazy while tidying up my babys toys, his playmat with toys on it was on the floor, I picked the whole lot up together, unfortunately one toy rattle fell out and landed staright on my sons forehead, he cried blue murder, I felt so guilty because seconds before he was watching me and smiling at me after we had a fun 10 minute session of chatting and singing together :( naughty mummy won't cut corners next time x

Oh you will :haha: Don't worry, you'll have lots of little 'accidents' in the coming months. He will fall when he learns to walk, crack his head trying to crawl and pull up, you'll knock him down/into doors when he's toddling and you haven't realised he's right behind you. You get a bit more used to it as time goes by.

I don't condone giving screwdrivers as toys or anything, but you get me :winkwink:

Ds is getting too heavy for me to rock, I'm a weakling and it's putting real strain on my back. Oh did cc last night, I didn't realise as I was cooking dinner, but he said it would be. Better for us. So I tried it for a nap for 30 minutes comforting him every 30 seconds to 2 minutes. I caved and bf to sleep. I feel awful

Oh you will :haha: Don't worry, you'll have lots of little 'accidents' in the coming months. He will fall when he learns to walk, crack his head trying to crawl and pull up, you'll knock him down/into doors when he's toddling and you haven't realised he's right behind you. You get a bit more used to it as time goes by.

I don't condone giving screwdrivers as toys or anything, but you get me :winkwink:

Aww I must've knocked Sophie down so many times by now! She sneaks up behind me and makes me trip!! It just happens and they forget about it in 20 seconds! Nothing a mummy cuddle can't fix!

Ah I love this thread!! LEt's see, what have I done recently... last night, I kept her up an extra half hour because I was rearranging her room... she is ALWAYS behind me so I'm sure I knocked her over at least once yesterday... and if you give me till the end of tonight, I'm sure I'll have something else! Most of the 'little' bad mommy things I forget about by the next day.. oh, ran out of milk because the spare milk wasn't done thawing... and ran out of fruit pouches to put in her cereal, whoops! Not used to having to keep so much stuff on hand every day!!

We went to the park today and I was sat on the swing, swinging a little when Maria came running at me and I couldn't stop in time so she got my shin in her face and knocked her down :(

I wonder if the OP who started this thread is pleased that it's still going 4 years later!!! Just goes to show how many bad mothers there are......

My confession is on LO bed time bottle I tried to force her to drink it all and she threw up everywhere. I am under so much pressure to feed her, as we got released from hospital today because she is not gaining weight. I felt terrible :(

I went to put the breakfast dishes in the kitchen an when I got back Flynn was standing up in his high chair! I hadn't bothered strapping him in!
Last night I let him have a whole ice cream cone for pudding last night, he only had a little scoop and I didn't expect him to eat it all lol

I went to put the breakfast dishes in the kitchen an when I got back Flynn was standing up in his high chair! I hadn't bothered strapping him in!
Last night I let him have a whole ice cream cone for pudding last night, he only had a little scoop and I didn't expect him to eat it all lol

Nothing wrong with ice cream, i make angel delight every night and emily has some for supper lol, although she always has a very stinky nappy in the morning!:sick:

I had my first bad mama moment... Had LO in the car seat in the kitchen cause I was putting stuff away and I put a can of soda in the carseat and my phone to carry it all in at once and I didn't realize I'd opened the soda and it spilled all over him and his clothes and blankets lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->