The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

Two mornings ago i woke up to a THUD and then emily screaming so i ran to her room and found her on the floor, she had tried to take the leap of faith and fell out of her cot! worst of it was that she fell out the radiator side and banged her face off of it on the way down!

I let Maria have a suck on my stick of rock - she got really pissed off when I took it back off her

Gave my child strawberry/banana smoothie in a bottle for breakfast.. pretty sure thats against every recommendation in the world.

We had strawberry-blueberry smoothies for breakfast this morning, had to use an open cup and a spoon tho... I've not made smoothies before, I suggest more milk next time lol

I poured some of my tea into LO's beaker this morning and let her drink it, sugar et al. I always said I wouldn't let her have tea until she was 5 LOL.

Yesterday, I went and had my 2 month old's picture taken. The picture studio made me upset and when I left I was so upset that I didn't pay attention to the fact that my baby wasn't actually strapped into the car seat. I had taken the whole infant car seat into the picture studio and didn't bother to strap him in as I wheeled him around in the shopping cart since I was picking him up on and off throughout the visit. When I left, I just put the car seat in the base and started to drive. It wasn't until I had driven at least a mile that I noticed that he was slumped over a little bit. I immediately stopped the car and strapped him in correctly. Thank God that he didn't fall out and we didn't get into an accident. That was so bad!!! :dohh:

I haven't taken Daisy to be weighed in months purely because she keeps getting nappy rash and I don't want anyone to see it... (on a happier note no nappy rash so far since the last lot cleared :happydance:

This one is horrible... I don't like spending all day with it being just me and her... I need to pick up my anti d's and things will be better but right now I dread spending allday alone with her... she stresses me out big time :(

And.... we almost let her have a sip of Bulmers on Friday... almost... then chickened out!

I am trying to be guilt-free about this so support would help :)

My LO won't sleep in the crib or bassinet but will sleep in the bouncer- I believe because he is surrounded with padding in the bouncer and it simulates the womb. I bought a sleep positioner and have seen the horrible reviews of it because of babies that are able to turn over in their sleep suffocating with them. I don't intend to use it longer than a couple weeks to get him used to sleeping in the bassinet and since he can't roll over yet I am hoping its ok... I just don't know how else to get him to sleep in the bassinet. I've tried rolled up receiving blankets, and swaddling him (he breaks out of it, doesn't like to be tightly swaddled anymore), so I don't know what else to do. But if you google sleep positioner there is nothing but horrible articles and warnings about them :(

My LO loved being cuddled and so when she went in a moses basket obviously felt that there was too much space. So i put a blanket covering the basket matress and rolled up 2 x smaller blankets, put them under the large blanket at the sides and this acted like she was being cuddled. i had them so the tops of the rolled blankets started just below her shoulders so that if she turned her head she wouldn't suffocate.

does that make sense?

She loved it and slept through from around 3 weeks old.

hope this helps xx

I haven't taken Daisy to be weighed in months purely because she keeps getting nappy rash and I don't want anyone to see it... (on a happier note no nappy rash so far since the last lot cleared :happydance:

This one is horrible... I don't like spending all day with it being just me and her... I need to pick up my anti d's and things will be better but right now I dread spending allday alone with her... she stresses me out big time :(And.... we almost let her have a sip of Bulmers on Friday... almost... then chickened out!

:hugs:

Had days like this too. Do you have any friends or groups you can get out to, stop you climbing the walls?

This one is horrible... I don't like spending all day with it being just me and her... I need to pick up my anti d's and things will be better but right now I dread spending allday alone with her... she stresses me out big time :(And.... we almost let her have a sip of Bulmers on Friday... almost... then chickened out!

Had days like this too. Do you have any friends or groups you can get out to, stop you climbing the walls?

No groups except for disabled children or teen mums :nope:

Having a first mummy date tomorrow though! Fingers crossed it goes well so I actually have someone nearby to visit!

Tonight trying to get my girls to sleep, one of them REFUSED- she laid there kicking and doing what I call "the crocodile death roll" . After an hour of this I lost my cool and GROWLED at her to shut the fuck up :nope: She, however, thought this was hilarious :dohh:

No groups except for disabled children or teen mums :nope:

Having a first mummy date tomorrow though! Fingers crossed it goes well so I actually have someone nearby to visit!

Hope it goes well, I'm sure it will. Meanwhile, google local children's centres as they have loads on, and you don't have to go the the nearest one. Also contact your local Family Information Service, they are brilliant for info on things that aren't necessarily advertised. I know how you feel. 16 months in I still have no local mummy friends, or even any local friends at all (I moved when I was preggers)but I've managed to find a couple of things for us to participate in on my non-working days.

Well about 20 minutes ago while I was laying on the floor playing with my phone my son dropped a glass on his sisters head (shes fine just a red mark)it was an accident he tripped over but the thing being I dont even no how he got a glass :/ n right now his jus came up to me with wheat bix all over him :/ ooops shoulda been paying attention

I'm actually looking forward to Maria's dad picking her up tomorrow cos she's been such a terror today :(

I gave LO a bottle that was like over 2 hours old earlier cause I was so tired-- pretty sure one time isnt going to hurt him tho.

I just caught Flynn eating out of the bin! I was making his bottle for bed coz I'm on my own dh is working late, turned round and he's got the lid off picking peas out of the rubbish!!
He did it silently too!

I was in the kitchen cooking this morning when I heard water splashing at my feet- I looked down and both girls had gotten past the baby gate ( :shrug: ) and one was merrily splashing in the dog bowl while the other was sitting with two fists and a MOUTH full of dog food :sick:

I gave LO a bottle that was like over 2 hours old earlier cause I was so tired-- pretty sure one time isnt going to hurt him tho.

soooo done this too!!:dohh: it was right there on the bedside table.....

tonight's confession- it wouldn't be so wrong to strap the dummy to baby's head, would it:shrug: haha obv i wouldn't, but it's the only thing that will settle her right now and she keeps accidentally pushing it out EVERY OTHER MINUTE!!!! nightmare!!!

soooo done this too!!:dohh: it was right there on the bedside table.....

tonight's confession- it wouldn't be so wrong to strap the dummy to baby's head, would it:shrug: haha obv i wouldn't, but it's the only thing that will settle her right now and she keeps accidentally pushing it out EVERY OTHER MINUTE!!!! nightmare!!!

With you on both counts!!!! Lol I keep threatening to locate the Gaffa tape :wacko:

We've had the most awful problems with my son crying/screaming and sleeping - literally screaming for 6 hours at a time, waking every hour etc. For the last month it's been midnight till I've managed to calm him down to sleep then he wakes 5/6 times between then and 8am.
Tonight I let him cry it out rather than cuddling him to sleep or going on mammoth walks around my local area with him in his pram, or driving him around at 11am blasting the lion king :haha:
I was going in every 5 mins in the dot and rubbing his back/tummy and shushing him etc. Got to admit to nearly as many tears myself, and had to use ear plugs or I'd have gone beserk :wacko:
Well - it worked!!!!! First time ever! Took an hour and a half and one cuddle but I'm so chuffed - much easier than previous nights.

Now, my confession..... An hour into screaming a code brown smell filled the air. I really didn't want to undo my hard work (and sanity) so I'm waiting to change him till he wakes up. Feel like an awful mummy. And I moved his Moses basket into his room as its darker and quieter and intended on moving it back. But - I'm now leaning towards leaving him in his room - but I feel like I'm abandoning him :dohh:
May end up finishing the night sleeping in the double bed in his room lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->