The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

i was carrying LO in car seat leaving my parents house the other week, and for some reason absent-mindedly tried to put my arm further through the handle (like a heavy bag:shrug:) and elbowed her in the face :nope:

she didn't even wince so it can't have hurt, but i felt so bad!!! like i'd forgotten it was my precious baby i was holding and not some shopping.....:dohh:

bad mummy!!

i was carrying LO in car seat leaving my parents house the other week, and for some reason absent-mindedly tried to put my arm further through the handle (like a heavy bag:shrug:) and elbowed her in the face :nope:

she didn't even wince so it can't have hurt, but i felt so bad!!! like i'd forgotten it was my precious baby i was holding and not some shopping.....:dohh:

bad mummy!!

That's okay... one day I was carrying her car seat with the same hand/arm that my purse was on and twice my purse slid off my shoulder and plopped onto her legs. My purse isn't exactly light but she didn't seem to notice/care/feel it thankfully.

Yeah I wouldn't worry about the purse, when I take him shopping and he's in the cart there is no room for anything else so I've stuck groceries on his legs before just because he's out anyway LOL...

I love this thread, makes me feel like I'm doing a great job despite the little things and that EVERYONE has them :)

Yeah I wouldn't worry about the purse, when I take him shopping and he's in the cart there is no room for anything else so I've stuck groceries on his legs before just because he's out anyway LOL...

I love this thread, makes me feel like I'm doing a great job despite the little things and that EVERYONE has them :)

Grocery shopping tends to be a nightmare with Hannah haha. We've taken her in the car seat and plopped it in the shopping cart & piled stuff around her but she starts crying to get out/be held. I've tried wearing her in my Moby but she just cries. I've tried taking in the car seat so we have more room in the shopping cart for groceries & she screams the place down to get out/be held so then I have to run back to the car and put the stroller back in the trunk so I can carry her throughout the store while OH handles the cart. She's a big ol' butthead.

The other night, she woke up for OH to feed her around 1am (she's been down to only 1 feeding a night for over a week now, minus that particular night.) From what I remember, he told me he fed her about 5-6 ounces so when she woke up again at 4am, I didn't think she should be that hungry but she seemed to be. I didn't want to waste formula so I was offering 1oz at a time and after each ounce, she'd scream for more. By the 3rd or 4th ounce, I was so exhausted and frustrated that I threw the bottle (once it was empty) and put her down and told her to calm down already in a not so nice voice haha.

I wish babies realized how cranky we can be when we're sleep deprived & therefore cry a little less.

Flynn was in his carseat in the back last night and I was in the passenger seat in front of him, dh stopped at a junction so I decided to recline the seat slightly, I lifted te lever at the exact same time dh accelerated, my seat tipped flat onto flynns legs and if I'd not had my seatbelt on idve been in the boot! Luckily Flynn never woke up and the seat didn't squash him, I thought dh was gonna have a heart attack he was laughing so hard, we had to pull over to put the seat up and calm down!

Well this morning me and LO were lying in bed together and she grabbed my lip with her hands and she has such sharp nails. So I said "ouch" and pretended to cry. Then her poor little lip curled over and she started sobbing. I felt so terrible! I had no idea she would cry at me pretending to cry! poor baba :(

Well this morning me and LO were lying in bed together and she grabbed my lip with her hands and she has such sharp nails. So I said "ouch" and pretended to cry. Then her poor little lip curled over and she started sobbing. I felt so terrible! I had no idea she would cry at me pretending to cry! poor baba :(

That is so cute lol! the other day i was visiting my aunt with emily and she was touching ornaments so my aunt told her 'No emily!' and she burst out crying, shes never done that before usually she just laughs it off! my aunt mustve been scary that day haha x

ahhhh i have a couple...

the other night she cried so i picked her up, she fell back to sleep so i put her down without turning a light on. she sucks her left thumb only- she kept sucking for a bit, then tossing and turning her head to the other side, then she'd want her thumb again. i just left her and went back to sleep as she was dozing while doing this. in the morning when she woke, she had dried blood caked on her left ear and mattress and i realised she'd cut her ear (must have scratched it) - poor thing must have been in pain and i just left her :(

the other day she was in her rocker chair and i was running around doing chores. she shouted out a bit a couple of times and i shushed her saying i'll b there in a minute. when i turned to her, she was lying on the floor; she'd slid off the rocker chair and fallen onto the floor, pulling her blanket on to her face. i felt sooooo awful. she is firmly strapped in now!!!

and i was wearing a chunky necklace one day, and put lo to my chest, obviously catching her on her face with the necklace, she burst into tears

bad mommy :(

My twins were having a very bad morning yesterday- They got up at stupid o'clock (I think 4:15?) so I wasn't in a good humor either- and after about 5 hours of damn near non-stop tantruming I reached my limit and turned around and yelled back :blush: Unfortunately Hubby was just getting up (how that blasted man can sleep though all morning of screaming is beyond me :growlmad: ) but he walked out to the "Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh, How's that!" at full volume. :dohh: now he thinks I must yell at them all day while he's gone :nope:

so tired at night I've missed changing some pee diapers....i feel awful

Today we ran out of bottle liners so Evelyn had to have her morning bottle in a normal bottle which she hates. Normally she will only take Playtex bottles, but I didn't have any other option.

Today the house is driving me insane! I cannot stand dirty dishes , dirty clothes, etc. (Which have been piling up due to very fussy teething baby.) And so today I put Sesame Street on and put her down infront of the TV. She stopped crying, played for a little while and then put HERSELF DOWN TO A NAP!

You don't have to necessarily change pee diapers at night, I have read a few things that said just leave them be unless it bothers them.

so tired at night I've missed changing some pee diapers....i feel awful

I agree with pp, you don't have to change pee diapers at night. I do not, cause I believe that waking them up that much isn't good for them either. I sort of dream feed them where they are half asleep and then put them down again after. If they poo'd I would smell it and that would be different. xxx

i changed my babys nappy during the night until she was 4 months old, now i just leave it until morning because she sleeps all night and it would be unfair to wake her up, well it must be fine cause she hasnt had nappy rash yet! x

I never change pee diapers at night unless bub is really truly uncomfy which has happened once in 6 months. If your LO has really wet overnight diapers, you can either double diaper or go up a size which I hear helps.

Just be sure to put a barrier cream on when you are changing their final diaper for the day.

Putting them in the next size takes care of most leakage issues- my girls sleep from about 7pm to between 4 and 6AM and I don't change them at night. If you are doing cloth bums that might be different- but I hear my friends talk about doubling liners and then putting in a fleece barrier because it wicks the moisture away from the skin-
A barrier of zinc (desitin, butt paste, etc) is a good idea, but I've never found it necessary :thumbup:

Anybody want two snotty strompy toddlers?

I've changed pee diapers 3 times since lo was 8 weeks old & I learned I didn't have to unless it was poopy or leaking since that just wakes her up

I'm having such a bad week, I've been so clumsy it's insane! I don't know what's wrong with me :(

First of all on Monday I was sat on the floor with LO holding his hands do he could sit up and we were playing pat-a-cake. He flung his head backwards and I lost grip on him and he fell backwards and banged his head on the floor. Luckily he was on his changing mat so it wasn't too hard of a bang and it was mainly the shock that made him cry.

Then on Wednesday I was feeding him his favourite oat and apple porridge for dinner and he started to gag. I grabbed him out so I could help him clear it and caught his leg on the highchair tray. He only had his nappy on at the time so he now has a horrible looking blue bruise on the top of his leg :(

And last night I was giving him his bedtime bottle and he flailed his arms and knocked the full bottle out of my hand and it hit him in the face. And to top it off, as I got up I accidentally bumped his head on the arm of the armchair in his room.

Each time one of these things happened i cried my eyes out. I just feel like such a horrible mum this week :( Like I said, I just don't know what is wrong with me! It's like up til now I've never even so much as accidentally scratched him with my engagement ring, but since I lost grip on his hands it's like I've lost my confidence and it's making me MORE accident prone rather than less :( I just feel so so bad for my poor little man :(

XxX

Me and OH were taking LO to Asda shopping and it was windy out so I put LO's hat on but as I went to pull it over his ear I accidently pulled some of his hair out and he started to cry! Oh my god I felt SO bad :sad1:

i was in my room and the bed with LO, and my mom was asking if i wanted her frenchfries, so I yelled NO! AND i guess i scared LO cause she cried and screamed for 5 minutes, poor thing

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->