The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

It's bedtime, but still in the 90's here- we are all overheated in both temperature and tempers. They WILL NOT go to sleep :wacko: so I have just put them in their crib, awake, and walked out. I just can;t be in there right now. They have been fussing and screaming in my ear all damn day, I NEED them to go to sleep, I NEED the quiet! I don't do CIO but I just can't take anymore. They are fussing, but not crying. Hopefully this will be the end.

*As I was writing this one started SCREAMING. I got up, took a deep breath and opened the door, prepared to just lie them back down and tell them to go to sleep again- Charlotte was mostly upside down with her ankle through the slats on the crib, WAY up at the top :shock: Physically, I don't have the faintest idea HOW she pulled that stunt off! :nope:

*** They stared in again- so I have just done something I SWORE to myself I would never do, and given them a bottle in their bed :cry: BUt there is finally SILENCE in my house and in my brain! Once won't hurt, right???

They might've just been thirsty with it being so hot.

It's bedtime, but still in the 90's here- we are all overheated in both temperature and tempers. They WILL NOT go to sleep :wacko: so I have just put them in their crib, awake, and walked out. I just can;t be in there right now. They have been fussing and screaming in my ear all damn day, I NEED them to go to sleep, I NEED the quiet! I don't do CIO but I just can't take anymore. They are fussing, but not crying. Hopefully this will be the end.

*As I was writing this one started SCREAMING. I got up, took a deep breath and opened the door, prepared to just lie them back down and tell them to go to sleep again- Charlotte was mostly upside down with her ankle through the slats on the crib, WAY up at the top :shock: Physically, I don't have the faintest idea HOW she pulled that stunt off! :nope:

*** They stared in again- so I have just done something I SWORE to myself I would never do, and given them a bottle in their bed :cry: BUt there is finally SILENCE in my house and in my brain! Once won't hurt, right???

Ive been putting emily in her bed awake for the past two weeks now, the first couple of nights she cried for a good 15 minutes before going to sleep, but on the third night she finally realised that 'this is where i go to sleep' so since the third night when i take her upstairs around 8pm when she is showing she is tired, she just goes straight to sleep... the other night i put her to bed and i ran myself a bubble bath, i was lying in the bath and then all i heard was emily talking and laughing to herself! 'a gaga da mama da da!' she kept saying, and then she went to sleep ten minutes later, it was hilarious! i also put her to bed for her afternoon nap when she is sleepy, and she gives me a good three hours peace! sometimes i bugger off to my bed if im feeling cranky or tired lol x

Someone else's 10 month old baby bit my LO's foot at a picnic yesterday and he cried like I've never heard him cry before :(

Someone else's 10 month old baby bit my LO's foot at a picnic yesterday and he cried like I've never heard him cry before :(

aww poor little mite! that's not your fault though! has happened to us too, we often put her down on the play mat with her 5 month old cousin, and she usually gets a whack in the face or her clothes pulled! but they're learning...! the other day i looked away for a moment and when i looked back, Emily was sucking on her cousins hand! cute!

I think my LO is teething and he was unhappy so I gave him a 2.5ml dose of paracetamol - only to check th bottle and realise it was bloody lactulose!!!!! I had to ring HV and they siad it wuldn;t harm him - I'm lucky it was something harmless an I won;t be making that mistake again! The nappy he did that night was not harmless however

I've been telling Flynn off for a couple of days for being a grumpy arse, he kept us up most of last night and I called him a little shit.
Today we found two new teeth, no wonder he was grouchy he cut two teeth at once!

well I had to let her cry today :( my hubby had been workinig the night shift and i had changed her dirty nappies twice and fed her so she was fine but really needed a shower and a coffee and some me time I guess, so I made sure she was swaddled and gave her, her pacifier and had my shower, but she cried throughout, I could hear her cries but I stayed in the shower, made my coffee then came in, I felt terrible because I usually always tend to her but she did not die and it was not a rattling cry or a blood curdling hungry or windy scream just grizzles. Still feel bad though, that was the first time I left her to cry for a few minutes since she was born :(

Where do I start?!!

I was telling my friends a story the other day which involved a complete stranger walking up to my friend's baby and winding her (I know, crazy!). But to demonstrate my story I patted Tessa on the back, only I think I got a bit carried away and patted harder than I thought! Poor little mite stuck her bottom lip out and had a little cry, but she soon perked up when everyone else was in hysterics - oops!!

I was holding her on my lap the other day and she took me by surprise and launched herself off, I did catch her but she did manage to headbutt my drinking glass in the process. She only had a little red mark!!

Tess was laid on my bed and I was standing above her and then dropping down pretending to flatten her - which is apparently hilarious, only I got a bit carried away (again!!) and landed on her little arm. We did have a few tears, but she soon forgave me.

There are numerous others, I'm afriad she just looks at me with disdain now when I bump her head on something - I'm sure she's thinking 'are you sure they didn't switch me at birth?' Lol!

Where do I start?!!

I was telling my friends a story the other day which involved a complete stranger walking up to my friend's baby and winding her (I know, crazy!). But to demonstrate my story I patted Tessa on the back, only I think I got a bit carried away and patted harder than I thought! Poor little mite stuck her bottom lip out and had a little cry, but she soon perked up when everyone else was in hysterics - oops!!

I was holding her on my lap the other day and she took me by surprise and launched herself off, I did catch her but she did manage to headbutt my drinking glass in the process. She only had a little red mark!!

Tess was laid on my bed and I was standing above her and then dropping down pretending to flatten her - which is apparently hilarious, only I got a bit carried away (again!!) and landed on her little arm. We did have a few tears, but she soon forgave me.

There are numerous others, I'm afriad she just looks at me with disdain now when I bump her head on something - I'm sure she's thinking 'are you sure they didn't switch me at birth?' Lol!

What is it about dropping down to flatten them do they enjoy so much? Willow LOVES it, I also yell "SLAM DUNK" and occasionally pin her in a wrestling move at the same time. Guaranteed smiles...until I accidentally poke her in the eye, or similar....

Ok I have another bad mummy confession... so yesterday LO was rolling about on the kitchen floor and I was chatting to my mum, not really watching LO too closely. I looked over just as something was disappearing into her mouth. I quickly picked her up and tried to get a look in but she wouldn't let me and just carried on chewing then swallowed whatever it was.

So this morning I was changing a poopy nappy and within the poo was a price sticker! That must be what she ate yesterday :dohh:

I know I shouldn't but this one made me giggle. Kids will eat the strangest things.

My BIL was suppose to be watching my 13 month old niece while she ate dinner once but was too busy on his laptop, they ended up in a & e because she had shoved something like 24 green peas up her nose and they ended up blocking her airway, he said he was only distracted for a second (not sure with my BIL could have been longer) Luckily for him she was okay as she was able to get just enough air before they were able to clear the peas.

I know I shouldn't but this one made me giggle. Kids will eat the strangest things.

My BIL was suppose to be watching my 13 month old niece while she ate dinner once but was too busy on his laptop, they ended up in a & e because she had shoved something like 24 green peas up her nose and they ended up blocking her airway, he said he was only distracted for a second (not sure with my BIL could have been longer) Luckily for him she was okay as she was able to get just enough air before they were able to clear the peas.

Wow, that is scary!

I was worried my LO had eaten a dog biscuit yesterday so in a way I was kinda glad when just a price tag came out :haha:

i was in my room and the bed with LO, and my mom was asking if i wanted her frenchfries, so I yelled NO! AND i guess i scared LO cause she cried and screamed for 5 minutes, poor thing

My LO does this all the time!

I feel completely awful for my confession as i feel like a bad mother :(

I accidentally picked up yesterday's formula yesterday and fed it to my baby completely unaware id just made up a new feed for him! :|

I feel so awful! :(..Poor little mites been crying and been impossible to settle! :(

Bahaha, I just cant help but laugh but it was such a bad mommy moment for me.

I have the crib pushed up against the side of my bed with the one railing off. And LO fell in between the 2 mattresses last night. I woke up hearing muffled movements and her blowing raspberries so I started to feel around for her to pull her into bed with me and found her little hands reaching out trying to grab me to pull herself out. Couldnt help but laugh.

This is a mishap on my Nanna's behalf (RIP <3). Apparently back in her day you could go in shops and leave the baby in the pram outside, because no one kidnapped them back in those days apparently so it was normal to do so. She came out and forgot my aunty was there, and didn't realise she'd forgotten her until after she'd gotten the bus home!!! She went back and my aunty was still asleep in the pram outside the shop!

I just had my little one 4 days ago and had my first big mommy fail yesterday. I was trying to clip his long little baby nails and managed to clip his skin a little and made him bleed!

I dozed off on the sofa several times last night when Maria was refusing to sleep and was running riot around the flat.

I held a 10 day old baby yesterday, now I want another one!
Only problem is it wouldn't be fair on Flynn to have me laid up with spd, we don't have enough room, we can't afford it.... Ad infinitem....
I should be grateful for the clever gorgeous boy I already have but I can't help missing being pregnant and cuddling a tiny baby that just wants to stare at you and doesn't want to crawl away at lightning speed to do his own thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->