The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

My baby was being so calm and good yesterday, so I decided to clip his fingernails for the first time. They were starting to hurt me when he got grabby. You know what happened. I missed the actual fingernail entirely, and clipped his finger. There were a few drops of blood and no more happy baby :dohh:

After he calmed down, I decided to bite his nails, as Id read about moms doing that instead of using scissors or clippers. This went better until he wiggled at the last moment and I bit him. I might as well just let him grow long sharp talons because it seems trimming them is more dangerous.

Insectile I just came on to confess the same thing! I clipped Dom's finger too and there was a bit of blood. He only cried for a like 4 breaths but I cried for 15 minutes till OH manage to calm me down. I feel like the lousiest mother on earth ever! Especially as he was all smiles before, lying in his bouncy by my chair and smiling lovingly up at me! I hate myself even though I know it wasn't that bad etc. But it FEELS bad! I made my baby bleed! :( :cry:

We've all done it, it'll get a bit easier once their hands are bigger, I suggest filing them till they're a bit bigger too.

I got DS's thumb one day and didn't even realize it because he didn't cry. All of a sudden there was blood everywhere! Took me forever to get it to stop bleeding and to top it off, when I first noticed it I panicked and wiped it with a wetwipe :dohh: Poor thing was fine until I did that...took me 15 minutes to calm him down. Talk about feeling like a crap mom :(

I never actually cut Maria when doing her nails but I did get her dad to do the nail cutting most of the time :haha:

I've done much worse things though, like laughing at her when she walked into a chair.

Oh no...it sucks when you cut them.

I have it down to a science...I can cut his nails and toenails in under 30 seconds. Took some major practice though.

When my DD was about 3 months i went to cut her toenails and i accidently cut her toe. She went bright red, held her breath and then screamed!!!! I sat sobbing on the carpet and ended up ringing my mum who jumped in a taxi from the other end of town.

I threw the clippers away and bit them from that day onwards.I felt like the worse mother ever,my mum just laughed.

Welcome home MrsM lol
I haven't tried cutting Thomas' nails yet but I really need to, poor little lad has tiny scratches all over his face cuz I'm terrified to cut them.

My confession is the other day I left Thomas in his bouncy chair to hang the washing out and forgot to shut the baby gate, when I came back in I found the dog licking his face to death (furry baby in my avatar) Thomas didnt seem to mind but I felt really bad, as soft as my dog is I wouldn't completely trust him alone with the baby. Needless to say I make sure the gate is shut properly every time now lol x x

I gave my 7.5 month old M&Ms yesterday (I bit them in half). Needless to say, she was very sugar high an hour later.

Not the 1st time either, 2 weeks before I got her sugar high on Tim Hortons timbits.. I just cant say no to that cute lil face gnawing on my arm for some!

Me too! It works so much better that way. And I mean when they're REALLY asleep like dead weight.

I just can't bring myself to bite his nails- yucky... and then worry about getting a finger jammed up my nose or mouth or whatever

so this happened when DS was around 4-6 weeks but I still feel terrible about it. :cry:
.. I was feeding him in his nursery on the rocking chair. I dropped something either the book I'd been reading or my cell phone..
Well long story short, I leaned forward a little too far and could feel the chair starting to tip dangerously forward and thought I was going to fall off with the chair falling on me. Meanwhile I'm cursing myself out for leaning forward too far. :dohh:

I sort of clutched DS to me as close as I could and tried to save myself so that the chair wouldn't fall. Instead I still ended up falling but to the side of the chair without it on me.

It was then that I noticed DS was no longer in my arms and was about a foot in front of me on the floor!! :cry: It took him until I got over to him to pick him up which was about 30 seconds to maybe a minute or so (I think he might have been in shock I don't know :shrug:) and then let out this god awful wail. He stopped within 10 seconds of me picking him up and cuddling him while trying to stop myself as I was crying hysterically.

I took him into the bathroom and checked his pupils under the light and gave him a full body pat down to make sure he was ok. He was calm the whole time I'm doing this. I then rush into our bedroom to wake up DH and I can't even properly tell him what happened because of how hard I'm crying.
.. He finally calmed me down and pointed out that the baby monitor was still on when all of this happened and he didn't hear anything. So after looking over DS with me he tells me he's fine and not to worry, just be more careful.

.. I woke him up every few hours that night (this was right around when he first started STTN too!!)

Needless to say I felt so bad about dropping my son that he slept with us in our room for the next little bit and I didn't use the rocking chair for about 3 weeks after that!

Right now, LO is playing with an empty condom box that OH gave her. Sigh.

I let my LO watch veggie tales and such way too often

I wanted to thank you for this great read. I definitely enjoyed every little bit of it and I have bookmarked you to check out the new stuff you post. Thanks.

Yesterday I put LO in his carseat and put it on the floor against the couch while at my parent's house. Stepped into the other room for 2 minutes to talk to my dad, when I returned, I saw the the carseat was a few inches away from the couch. I thought, "hum... I definitely didn't leave the carseat like that". Went around the side of the couch and found LO on the floor. He had wriggled his way out of his carseat on onto the floor in 2 freaking minutes... I will always strap him in now. :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->