The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

Just now I was doing the washing up in the kitchen when I heard Charlotte starting to cry... So I came through to check on her and see her face down on the floor :( she escaped from her bouncy chair even though she was strapped in! Scared the life out of me but she seems ok!

Oh gosh something similar happened to my Sebastian! His rocker/bouncy chair is usually flat as he cannot sit unaided yet and the incline position is too steep yet. I was changing Dominic next door when I suddenly heard Sebastian cry and groan! I picked up Dominic naked as he was and rushed over. Sebastian must have kicked himself backwards a few times cause he was out of his strap and his head was on the floor! The bouncy had tilted backwards when the weight was suddenly at the head part! He wasn't hurt and only cried a lil shock for a moment while I held him but my golly! I am now not sure what alternative to choose to the rocker cause I have to be able to put the boys down safely and cannot always put them in the cot as that is for nighttime sleeping only :(

Oh goodness... Maybe straps won't work for my son after all LOL :dohh: so scary. Especially since my son is a squirmer

I caught rylans finger wen cutting his nails....he cried, I cried!

Then tonight I caught his foot on the door catch....he screamed sooooo loud! There was no mark though...he's fine!

I always just put Maria on the floor when she was little, she couldn't fall from there!

My boys don't like lying on the floor too long, not even on their playmat and we have floorboards which don't make for the softest surface. Besides, since there are two of them I cannot possibly hold them for all the rest of the time. :(

Feeling awful as this morning I was changing Hadley on the changing table, went to get a reusable wipe from the warmer, she was kicking around and I accidentally closed her toes in it :(

Felt so bad! I just picked her up half diapered and hugged her tight and she only cried for 30 seconds.

I felt like such an idiot!

My little guy is teething and has had such a cranky week and it has been hard on me - he doesn't nap and only wants to be breastfed. He has been so clingy and I've found myself needing a break and wanting time to myself. When I finally get a break I feel so guilty and want to be with my son again. I've also gotten so frustrated and upset with him not eating. Our (solid) feedings take longer than an hour now! I just feels so guilty and mad at myself because when I go back to work I know I would sell my soul to be with him all day again. :(. I love him so much!

My little guy is teething and has had such a cranky week and it has been hard on me - he doesn't nap and only wants to be breastfed. He has been so clingy and I've found myself needing a break and wanting time to myself. When I finally get a break I feel so guilty and want to be with my son again. I've also gotten so frustrated and upset with him not eating. Our (solid) feedings take longer than an hour now! I just feels so guilty and mad at myself because when I go back to work I know I would sell my soul to be with him all day again. :(. I love him so much!

your not alone, i still feel this way and my boy is near 4 years old!

So hard but so amazing at the same time being a mummy :cry::happydance:

Willow is learning to sit up, but is still a little unstable. As she did an awesome side topple I reached out to catch her from falling.....and punched her in the head. :blush:

We went to the beach yesterday and on the way back home Xavier was drinking a sippy cup. When we got home, I noticed his pants were wet, thought it was from the sippy cup. I let him play in his room for an hour and decided he needed a bath. Come to find out, it was pee.
My poor boy. Bad mommy.

My DH went outside to smoke while LO was sleeping in his boppy pillow, heard him crying, came back in and he was face down on the floor :/ better it was him (DH) than me!

My first bad mommy Confession...
a couple weeks ago OH & I put LO down for a nap & he was quiet on the monitor for a while so we assumed he was asleep, then he let out a huge cry so OH went to check on him, apparently my little 6 month old had somehow managed to pull himself up on his crib rail and had one leg and one arm over the side of the crib hanging on for dear life crying. Luckily he didn't fall out so I couldn't help but giggle at the fact that he figured that out ! Needless to say we lowered his mattress as far down as it could go right after that & he still can pull himself up on it !

My latest confession is this picture...

https://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u143/generalgayer/New%20home%20and%20new%20life/90cc2fa5.jpg

God my son is only 4weeks old and I have 3 already!
First one was when he was 3days old, we were laying on my bed together, I got up turned to look at LO and the pillow had fallen onto his face! Thank god it was only for a second! The look he gave me lol it was as if to say "what the hell are you doing mummy?"

Second was when he was 3weeks old I was bathing him in nanny's big bath, turned him over so I could clean his back and bottom and heard a slurping noise! Quickly turned him back to face me and he was thankfully fine! He had just been drinking the bath water lol and he gave me that same look again.

Third was last night and it made me cry for half an hour :(
I was sitting up in bed winding him when he lifted his head and head butted the wall :(
He gave a massive cry, only for two seconds. Stopped as soon as I hugged him to my chest. But I couldn't stop crying. My poor baby :(

Just wanted to add that the wall is extremly thin and sounds quite hollow :)

Ds fell out of his swing at 3months old,when i walked off to make his bottle i forgot to strap him in. I felt terrible for that whole day.

My first confession.... I just nicked the end of Kashi's finger with the nail clippers :cry: :cry: I feel hideous about it :( my poor baby :( he didn't bat an eyelid but I can't stop looking at the end of his tiny finger :( it's a tiny nick but it's a bit red. Gaahh I feel like an awful mummy!!!

My first confession.... I just nicked the end of Kashi's finger with the nail clippers :cry: :cry: I feel hideous about it :( my poor baby :( he didn't bat an eyelid but I can't stop looking at the end of his tiny finger :( it's a tiny nick but it's a bit red. Gaahh I feel like an awful mummy!!!

I confessed to the very same thing a page or so back and it seems we are not alone! My son bled a tiny bit and cried for a moment but not as long as I did! :cry: I know how you feel! :hugs:

^^ my hubby trimmed the nails when Marcus was around 4 days and caught them as he kept pulling his hand back. they took some skin off and scabbed over for a few days (fine now) but he felt so bad about it for days- i then felt like a bad mother for telling him ot get a grip its just a little nick! btw we now use the baby nail clippers rhater than baby nail scissors (came in a set) and they seem much better.

does it count that im a bad mum for deliberatly pouring water over his face at bath time? when i do his hair i make a good effort to ensure it goes over his face and in his eyes (including hte no tears top to toe!). gosh it does sound terrible but my idea was then he should grow up used to it and not turn into one of those moody toddlers who cant stand the tiny bubble from the no tears in their eye or a drop of water (ok i was one of those children!) btw he doesnt even seem to notice that the water / mixture is in his eyes or on his face!

Despite everyone telling me to chew my DD's tiny nails so I WOULDN'T accidentally clip her finger with the nail clippers...... that's exactly what I did. She let out the saddest little screech when it happened. It happened when she was around 2 weeks old and I still feel really guilty and sad about it!

Also, one time when she was laying on my chest she somehow got her tiny finger caught in my necklace. I went to pull her away (not knowing she was stuck!) and her little finger got all tangled in the chain. It was red with a mark on it for a little while after. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->