The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

Been getting out of the house more often without LO (working out, getting my hair done). I feel relieved and feel guilty about feeling relieved.

Something that might help with the nail cutting is using a nail file instead for those squirmy little fingers. My pediatrician recommended it. :thumbup:

I laughed at my son whe he got his shots today and screamed....I felt bad for him, but the face he made was hilarious.

I put bonjela on flynns sore bum by mistake, he didn't notice.
No idea how it happened tho, bonjela is a little blue tube and bum cream is a big white tub!

I put bonjela on flynns sore bum by mistake, he didn't notice.
No idea how it happened tho, bonjela is a little blue tube and bum cream is a big white tub!

:haha: baby brain ! For the nail thing, i use baby scissors and never had a problem but i almost cut her when i used the nail clipper. On the confession subject, i almost tripped on her when she was on the floor and i was doing a bit of tidying in the room !!:dohh:

My first bad mommy Confession...
a couple weeks ago OH & I put LO down for a nap & he was quiet on the monitor for a while so we assumed he was asleep, then he let out a huge cry so OH went to check on him, apparently my little 6 month old had somehow managed to pull himself up on his crib rail and had one leg and one arm over the side of the crib hanging on for dear life crying. Luckily he didn't fall out so I couldn't help but giggle at the fact that he figured that out ! Needless to say we lowered his mattress as far down as it could go right after that & he still can pull himself up on it !

what a strong boy! as impressive as that is, I hope my little guy isnt that talented a month from now! You have your hands full with him :haha:

This happened yesterday, & it haunted me ever since.

I put Josh on my bed to get dressed yesterday, I never even left the room & he just sat up & fell backwards off the bed. I just couldn't get to him in time, it was like watching in slow motion. He bruised his head, but after a mummy cuddle he was fine.

But I see it every time I close my eyes. Him falling & I'm 3 steps away from him & I just can't get to him in time. :cry:

Normally I'm fine about his bumps & bruises, he's a tough little guy. But watching him fall... :cry:

^^ :hugs:

Yesterday Lane was holding onto the couch and grabbing a toy off of it. She picked it up with both hands, lost her balance and fell over backwards, bumping her head. I was turned around to get her ball at the time so I wasn't paying attention :cry:

Twice more yesterday while sitting she did the same thing. Felt like I failed her because she bumped her head three stinking times.

Feeling like a terrible mummy - just back from our first trip to a&e after ds fell down the stairs. All of them. He was crawling round upstairs and I just ducked into our bedroom to grab something when I heard a loud noise...followed by more loud noises, a bang then screams :cry:

He must have tried to follow the cat and I feel so stupid cos I took my eye off of him for one minute when I knew he was near the stairs - but he's shown no interest in them before :nope: :cry:

He's absolutely fine, not a bruise on him. But I feel like shite. We were undecided whether to get stairgates - that's that decided then! Bought one just now. The a&e receptionist was lovely and said she sees it all the time! I was in tears...

Bad mummy :nope:

Aww don't feel bad. Maria has fallen down the (concrete!) stairs quite a few times and is still ok!

awww :hugs: i think its a childs right of passage, we all fall down the stairs when small! glad hes ok though :flower:

im a super bad mummy...I was putting LO on his playmat (which is on the wooden floor)as i lowered him down his head fell back and hit the mat making a huge bang :cry: he was already crying as hungry so put him on the mat to sort the feed so then he cried more! I rang nhs direct who sent me to gp who said-oh hs fine, didnt even look at him :nope:

friday night he was grizzly a lot in bed so i jsut kept giving him his dummy and telling him to go back to sleep. when he kicked off big time for his night feed i got up to feed him and realised he had nappy ailure and had wet himself and all the crib....id just ignored him all night :cry: xxx

We've had a really busy day of housework and DIY. LO been pretty well behaved, and quiet for once! I gave him a huge bowl of porridge for brunch then half a sarnie at 2pm and some snacks. At 615 he started his tired cry and rubbing his eyes while we were in the middle of DIY. I whizzed him upstairs for a bath, bottle and bed.
It's only now at 10pm I've just asked OH what he gave DS for dinner and he said 'nothing - I thought you fed him before his bath?'!! Whoops!!!! He did drain a full bottle and is sleeping soundly (for once!) but I still feel really guilty for not feeding him before bed :wacko::cry::dohh:

Havnt been here for a while but LO is now walking and sometimes falls over lands on his bum - no big deal but he was playing outside round a cousins house and landed on his bum but then fell right back and banged his head on the concrete :'(
I was like omg omg omg lukily my MIL is a nurse and ran and got a cold wet tea towel to put on i was glad she was there but i would never have thought of that i would have got frozen peas :( felt bad that i didnt think first xxx

We've had a really busy day of housework and DIY. LO been pretty well behaved, and quiet for once! I gave him a huge bowl of porridge for brunch then half a sarnie at 2pm and some snacks. At 615 he started his tired cry and rubbing his eyes while we were in the middle of DIY. I whizzed him upstairs for a bath, bottle and bed.
It's only now at 10pm I've just asked OH what he gave DS for dinner and he said 'nothing - I thought you fed him before his bath?'!! Whoops!!!! He did drain a full bottle and is sleeping soundly (for once!) but I still feel really guilty for not feeding him before bed :wacko::cry::dohh:

aww bless i did a simular thing - OH got back from MIL's house with LO, i got home from work and thought LO had been fed but he kinda looked a bit hungry still (thinking he'd only had main course) i gave him pudding and some rice crackers and yougurt and banana etc and he kept eating and i thought "hmm this is strange... hes not a big eater" asked OH what he ate for tea he replyed "oh nothing" :nope:
So yeah...LO had pudding for dinner lol ooops :p

Feel dreadful :'( My mum has had a biopsy so she's feeling awful, last night she just managed to get upstairs to speak to my brother about something, came down stairs and shouted back up to him something and woke Summer up as I was feeding her. She was fast asleep, she'd been stroppy all day, I just got so annoyed I had to put her down and walk away for 5 :( felt like a terrible person, I was so so angry with everyone.

Here I am joining Bad Mothers club, and this is what I've done:
My OH was drinking his tea making quite loud noises and I was holding LO. I trying to be funny imitating this sipping noise he was making, but LO didn't think it was funny at all: she was scared and burst into sobs.:cry:
And I should have known better: only a couple of days ago she was really scared by my OH loud sneezing and then by the noise of a heavy lid droping on the floor.
Noise parents, eh? Really need to learn to be quieter.:dohh:

LO was cranky and crying all day because of teething, didn't nap, and was fussy eating all day. When bedtime rolled around she decided it was time to be distracted by everything, even in a completely dark room and kept looking around, and pulling the bottle out of her mouth. Then she would cry because I couldn't follow her with the bottle. I was so tired and frustrated from a full day of this that I stood up really fast (as I do when I'm cranky and frustrated) and LO bounced really hard in my arms and then her crying turned to screaming and I was so scared that I'd hurt her! But I was still so frustrated that I set her down in her crib and just walked away for about 10 minutes while she fussed and cried before going back to actually feed her.

I feel like such a bad mom for being so angry and frustrated with her! I know its not her fault that her teeth are pushing through and making her cranky, but I still took it out on her. :'(

I had thought we had turned a corner and that I would get a 3 hour stretch of sleep back at night. Seems I was wrong. I feel like crying this morning and though my boys smiled at me when waking at the crack of dawn and again just now, I have not smiled back at them cause I don't feel I can bring myself to smile even though I love and adore them as always. :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->