The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

When my daughter was younger I would put her in the garden for her afternoon nap, in the pram. One day she was overtired due to visitors so I turned the pram slightly so that sunlight was brighter (not right in her eyes) but enough that she had to close them & she fell right off to sleep. I've done it a couple of time since.

My LO, recently turned 1, woke up at 5.50am this morning which is early for her. I brought her into our bed for a lovely cuddle but she was soon bouncing round wanting to play. I took her downstairs, popped her in the playpen with BabyTV on and lots of toys to play with. My aim being to pop back upstairs to get dressed before going back downstairs. I got upstairs, saw my hubby lying there and decided a 5 min cuddle before getting sorted wouldn't hurt.....next thing I know it's 7.30am and LO is still downstairs playing with her toys, perfectly happy in her playpen. I'd dozed off. Oops! She was happy though so I suppose that's the main thing!

im not a mom but theres no "bad aunties" thread so i hope you dont mind me posting here.

I was watching my niece today (shes 21 months). She was sitting in a chair in her playroom and (i think) she reached down to grab a toy and BAM! She flew out of the chair and hit the floor with the loudest thud i'd ever heard in my life. She fell sideways so i didnt expect to see a stream of blood pouring out of her mouth when she turned around. I've never panicked so much in my life. I ran with her to the bathroom to rinse her off and it turns out she busted her lip something terrible. My poor baby, i feel so bad :cry: She was fine like 10 seconds later and I know i couldnt have prevented it but i feel terrible, especially because shes not my child. I called my sister and she wasnt upset with me. My niece is a kind of a tomboy so she falls and jumps and flips off things all the time so it wasnt the fact that she fell that makes me feel horrible i think it just surprised me when it happend.. and that loud bang.. omg :nope: it keeps replaying in my head.. :wacko:

I was washing Annabelle in the bath, I reached to get some no more tears shampoo from the dispenser and as I bought my hand back towards her head the gloupy stuff just shot out of my hand and into both her eyes!

supposed to be no more tears but she screamed and i was there splashing water into her eyes to clear it :( she cried for 5 mins and i whipped her out of the bath and cuddled her. after i put her down to bed i cried for an hour :( v bad mummy

I was washing Annabelle in the bath, I reached to get some no more tears shampoo from the dispenser and as I bought my hand back towards her head the gloupy stuff just shot out of my hand and into both her eyes!

supposed to be no more tears but she screamed and i was there splashing water into her eyes to clear it :( she cried for 5 mins and i whipped her out of the bath and cuddled her. after i put her down to bed i cried for an hour :( v bad mummy

aww you're not a bad mommy at all!! It probably hurt you more than it did her. It may have just scarred her a bit. :hugs:

My son normally wakes up around 8-9am. This morning he decided to be a ball of energy at 6am, I felt like a zombie! We stayed up playing till 7:30am and I put him in his play yard to play with toys, and rested on the bed...I suddenly woke up 2 hours later :0 he was not happy! lol

I thought I would join, yesterday i was a bad mommy , I accidentally poked Trenton in the eye helping him to latch. He wailed for an hour!

i thought id been too lucky today as LO allowed me to cook AND eat my tea :) unfortunately for him when i picked him up afterwards to play (hes only 8 weeks) and was tickling his lips he started absolutely screaming couldnt calm him down or figure out what was wrong until i looked in the sink and realised id cooked chilli pork with fresh chilli... he got it in his mouth :'( super bad mummy!

oh dear ive just had my first "bad mum" experience. I was bathing my 6 week old and she was in her plastic bath chair. I always take her out of it at the end and dunk her little body in the mini bath so i can wash her back she can have a bit of "freedom", which she loves. Tonight she must have been slippy. My hand slipped and her head went under water.. It was just for literally 1 second. The look on her face of pure shock! I felt, and still feel terrible! She is fine, but Im not! I had to google pics of happy babies swimming underwater to make myself feel better.. :( Lessons learnt: put less water in the bath.. and leave her in the seat!

Oh, I let Colton go five hours between feedings. He forgets he's hungry until he's starving and then he screams and screams. I felt so bad. :( It was at night so I got some sleep but still.

I was trying to wash my little mans feet in the sink because he had sand on them from the beach. All was fine until my poor little squidgey let out a yelp and I realised I had pressed his leg against the hot tap. He had a little red burn mark there for about 10 minutes :( Bad mummy!!

oh dear ive just had my first "bad mum" experience. I was bathing my 6 week old and she was in her plastic bath chair. I always take her out of it at the end and dunk her little body in the mini bath so i can wash her back she can have a bit of "freedom", which she loves. Tonight she must have been slippy. My hand slipped and her head went under water.. It was just for literally 1 second. The look on her face of pure shock! I felt, and still feel terrible! She is fine, but Im not! I had to google pics of happy babies swimming underwater to make myself feel better.. :( Lessons learnt: put less water in the bath.. and leave her in the seat!

Awww my OH did that to my LO, he was still spluttering 5 mins later, must have been breathing in just as he slipped under. Still, its not put him off his bath time, no real harm done! Im sure your little lady is the same x

I made pudding, and let haiden have some. He loved it :rofl:

Attachments

• 7months.jpg
    7months.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 40
:haha: it looks like he has a mustache and goatee!! Too cute :)

Had to post this.... Although this was bad daddy rather than mummy!! Poor Aoife had an awful day yesterday!!! Firstly I had to take her for her injections (I don't know who cried more me or her!) then when daddy got home, she was feeling rather sorry for herself so he took her upstairs to play a game she likes which involves lying her on the bed n bouncing her (she finds it hilarious!) so while he was doing this and she was laughing away, her baby Mozart cube (quite a heavy musical cube toy) was laying next to her and while he was bouncing her, he managed to bounce the mozart cube right on her nose & forehead!!!! :dohh: my poor baby!!! She started frowning when he did it, then all hell broke loose, the upside down mouth n the bottom lip out!!!! Xxx fingers crossed she has a better day 2day!! Xxx

My LO was sitting up before on her playmat. She is still slightly wobbly but is getting better each day. She fell forwards in a weird position and was screaming her head off horribly, I was so scared :cry: I picked her up and cuddled her and she stopped crying. Then I made her laugh. I thought her arm might have been broken :o But she reached for things and has been totally fine since. That was scary though!

Bad mum moment cutting lillys finger nails and I accidentally caught her finger blood everywhere felt terrible :(

My LO was in her activity station this morning. I looked round and she was sucking on my plugged in phone charger! Luckily the phone was still on the end of it so she didn't get a shock. That's two bad things in two days now, eek :o I hope not to have to post on this thread for a while now! :haha:

On Sunday I was at mil's (tbf I'm there most days) there were six adults in the kitchen and Flynn wandering round playing, I'd taken the gate off the back door and had forgotten to shut the door, turned round to wipe his highchair and Flynn was off like lightning ran to run out the back door (it's quite a big step down onto concrete) the only once to spot him was his almost 90 year old greatgrandma, she let out a massive strangled scream and grabbed him before he fell, we all thought she was having a heart attack! She has only ever held him for a cuddle a couple o times coz she's not got much strength or mobility, she shifte quick enough then! She'd scooped him up before any of us realised what was happening!
Today we were shopping with mil and Flynn was over tired, hungry and generally was having a tantrum laid on the floor in tesco screaming (I really wasn't expecting the terrible twos just yet) well we have a game we play where I tell him I'm gonna send him to the orphanage to live with Oliver then I chase him he runs off screaming and laughing lots of hilarity ensues, only in tesco he was too far into tantrum to play so when I said i was calling the man at the orphanage to come get him I was met with still grumpy screaming from Flynn and looks of abject horror from other shoppers!
When we got back to mils, fed Flynn and he had a sleep then went off to play, he was rearranging the paper rack while I was chatting to mil, next thing we know he comes wandering round with a fagend in his mouth! Obv mil's as I don't smoke, he must've snuck it out of the bin, I was horrified! Scraped as much out of his mouth as I could and rinsed out his mouth, his breath was awful! He seems ok now but Ewww.
Lots of bad mummy stuff lately, it's much harder with a toddler than a baby!
Oh and tonight after tea we shared a few figs, he's never ha them before but after eating rather a lot I realised that it's not gonna be fun changing him tomorrow, poor guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->