• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

I didn't notice my baby had a skin tag on her bum until she was a week old.

:dohh:

let's see...

I was coming down the stairs w/Brayden about a 2 months ago and tripped over the baby gate at the bottom - we both fell, I think I *must* have thrown him away from me so I didnt land on him - we ended up int he ER over that one b/c he started vomiting a bit later - turns out it was only a tummy bug and not a head bleed, but wow, I can STILL remember the sound of him smacking into the linoleum :(

On Monday, I had him gated in with me in the office upstairs and I went into the laundry room to advance the wash (right off the office) and left the door open. He got into the cat food and was chowing down (dry food). He even managed to secret a piece in his cheek for 6 hours or so, b/c he had milk, dinner, a nap, bath and more milk before I saw him taking cat food out of his mouth - he hadnt been near it since I had caught him w/it earlier!

Other than that, Im trying really hard not to let myself feel guilty about all the bonks and bruises he's getting now that he's crawling and pulling up on everything (and falling - often onto other toys). I want him to learn to handle himself, kwim? Does that make me a bad Mummy?

Star

my 2 year old was stood on the worktop in the kitchen to feed the fish. i was being silly mummy tickling and playing with him, and thought it would be a good idea to sit him on my shoulders. so i got hold of his hands and tried to push my head between his legs. he didnt have a clue what i was doing, went stiff as a board and i pushed him right over. he cracked his head on the wall and screamed the place down! still havent admitted this to his dad, and im definately not admitting to anything else! serves me right for trying to be fun mum!

oh oh, just had a terrible one. okay, i let my son tristen (20 months) up from his nap, and hadn't put the baby gate back up on the kitchen yet. well he wanders in, and i think nothing of it. but when he doesn't come right back out (which he usually does because there is nothing in there for him to do) i go to investigate. And my heart sinks to the very tip of my smallest toe, when i see the basement door wide open. it is always locked!!! what have i done!!! i run to the door, fully expecting to see my babies little body mangled at the bottom of the steps. and there he is, at the bottom of the stairs, safely holding to the railing and laughing all the way. needless to say, i did not think this was funny one bit!!! when i finally stopped shaking and could breathe again i gave him a very stern "talking to" which mainly consists of pointing my finger and shaking my head while repeating no over and over. about ever opening the basement door. uuugggghhhhhhhh! these kids will be the death of me.

Umm, I play Baby Einstein for David when I need a shower. I know TV is bad for infants, but it's the only thing that will keep him entertained for the 20 mins I need to get ready in the morning!

Umm, I play Baby Einstein for David when I need a shower. I know TV is bad for infants, but it's the only thing that will keep him entertained for the 20 mins I need to get ready in the morning!

LeeAnne is 5 weeks old and tv is the only thing that keeps her quiet...if she wont sleep I just turn the tv on and lay her on a blanket in front of it, she watches it for about 10 minutes and then is out for at least 2-3 hours. I feel so bad doing it but it works

my 2 year old just made me feel sooooo guilty. i was sitting on the floor in front of the baby in her chair, he asked me for a cuddle then straight away before i could put out my arms said 'after winters milk' because i alawys have to tell him to wait because im bf the baby! i gave him lots of cuddles and tickles on the floor and he stubbed his toe on the sofa! :dohh:

I feel so bad....

Here I was sitting here thinking wow LeeAnne is sleeping so well although fussing alot in her sleep and moving around...when I relized about 20 mins later..that shes AWAKE but her eyes are all crusted over and she couldn't open them :dohh: how bad do I feel!!

LeeAnne is 5 weeks old and tv is the only thing that keeps her quiet...if she wont sleep I just turn the tv on and lay her on a blanket in front of it, she watches it for about 10 minutes and then is out for at least 2-3 hours. I feel so bad doing it but it works

Glad its not just me!

Usually when we first get up Brianna gets changed then fed. Yesterday I don't know what on earth i was thinking but I didn't change her at all :dohh: I fed her and usually after her first morning feed which is usually about 4 am she goes back to sleep for a little while and i just let her and napped with her about 730 i woke up and HAD to change her diaper as it leaked through her sleeper and might have weighed more than she did :dohh: :blush:

^ :rofl: I hope I never have to deal with diaper leakage that bad.. *crosses fingers*

.. Don't know if this is a bad mommy moment lol but Elyse peed herself with no diaper on twice today, right before her bath and when I was changing her :hissy: I think it was because it was kinda cold.. poor thing!

Kathryn had a poopy diaper in the car, but she was out cold so we carried her in and put her in her crib and she stayed asleep, so we let her nap before changing it :blush:

Also last week she was sitting on her playmat, but I went to pee before putting a pillow behind her (cause she'd been able to sit 10 + min at that point) so of course she reared back and smacked her head on the hardwood floor while I was in the bathroom :dohh:

Kathryn had a poopy diaper in the car, but she was out cold so we carried her in and put her in her crib and she stayed asleep, so we let her nap before changing it :blush:
Also last week she was sitting on her playmat, but I went to pee before putting a pillow behind her (cause she'd been able to sit 10 + min at that point) so of course she reared back and smacked her head on the hardwood floor while I was in the bathroom :dohh:

We've done that before..leeanne doesnt always sleep well so when shes asleep we leave her..the one time we left her in her basinette for 3hrs in a poopy diaper because she had been up for 12 hours without a nap..and we were exhausted...she lived tho so I guess it wasnt THAT bad lol

Kyle's decided he really loves to eat black pepper. I've finally moved it cupboards..I'm pretty sure it wasn't the best diet to have!

oh i really am a bad mother. i was just changing winters clothes and she was getting niggly as she was hungry so i was starting to rush. as i pulled the vest over her head i poked her in the eye:blush::dohh: she started howling. how horrible am i

I was just testing Molly's bottle temp before giving it to her, and as I tipped it up, for some reason it came out really fast and squirted in her eye!

We've done that before..leeanne doesnt always sleep well so when shes asleep we leave her..the one time we left her in her basinette for 3hrs in a poopy diaper because she had been up for 12 hours without a nap..and we were exhausted...she lived tho so I guess it wasnt THAT bad lol

Elyse would sit in her crap all day if I let her LOL it doesn't seem to bother her, but she HATES being wet!! In fact I never notice she's pooped unless she does it while I'm holding her or it smells, if she's in her crib quiet at night lol.. oh god!!

Anyone else wondered what was wrong when putting a vest on and then realised that only 4 fingers were poking out and you'd "misplaced" the 5th one!?? xx

i was holding BD 6 months in my arms the other day and letting her chew on the straw that was sticking out my diet coke drink cup. i heard a suck suck noise and before i realised what was happening, BD had gulped down a mouthful of diet coke! not part of her usual diet....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->