The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

The other day i took lo down the stables with me. Me, my friend and lo were sat in the field. Lo was laying on a sheet on the grass. I was chatting to my friend and when i turned round lo had managed to grab a clump of grass and dirt and put it in his mouth!! Lol!! I didnt tell my hubby about that one haha!! X

Not me, but my OH. He had the baby in his lap as he sat on the bed. He said, "look how she can sit up by herself!!" And let go of my little one's arms...she sat there for about two seconds and then did a faceplant into his leg. She smiled the whole way down and had such a shocked look when she hit. It seems he'd been doing that for a while and she always fell backwards. It never occurred to him that she would fall forwards, and he was looking at me so he didn't even try to catch hee!

Finally my turn :(

Today LO was sitting on the couch beside me, in the corner like he usually does when my dog knocked a glass off the table with his tail and the glass broke. I turned my back to Callum and was picking up the pieces of glass when I heard a thump. He had fallen off the couch somehow. I think he fell over on his side and kind of rolled off. He cried for a minute or so, nowhere near as long as me. In fact, this happened almost 9 hours ago and I'm still crying. I feel so terrible, I was afraid to put him to bed tonight. OH and my mom have really tried hard to make me feel better but I feel like the worst mother on the face of the planet. He's totally fine, he has a bit of a bruise but other than that he's been smiling and babbling as usual, but it doesn't really help my guilt much.

Finally my turn :(

Today LO was sitting on the couch beside me, in the corner like he usually does when my dog knocked a glass off the table with his tail and the glass broke. I turned my back to Callum and was picking up the pieces of glass when I heard a thump. He had fallen off the couch somehow. I think he fell over on his side and kind of rolled off. He cried for a minute or so, nowhere near as long as me. In fact, this happened almost 9 hours ago and I'm still crying. I feel so terrible, I was afraid to put him to bed tonight. OH and my mom have really tried hard to make me feel better but I feel like the worst mother on the face of the planet. He's totally fine, he has a bit of a bruise but other than that he's been smiling and babbling as usual, but it doesn't really help my guilt much.

:hugs: it's happened to us all hun, next time something like that happens you won't feel quite so bad ;), so long as he does cry when he hits the floor and stops within a few minutes he's fine :), try not to beat yourself up xx

Okay time for me to update again... :( lol

(Sheepish look)

I just "abused" formula... I've been exclusively breastfeeding but my LO is having total nightmare day (a result of over-stimulation this past weekend) and I wanted to get something done in the house so at about 7:30pm when she wouldn't stop screaming her head off I put her down and walked away for a few minutes, I was too frustrated... she stopped crying for 2 min when I went back and picked her up again, but then started again, so I finally put her back down again, let her scream while I pumped 3 oz, and then knowing that I wouldn't have enough at that point to "fill" her, I topped it up with formula to 5oz and then stuffed her full.

The silence is heavenly right now...

(This isn't a jab at formula feeding mothers at all btw, I just feel guilty because I gave it to her for entirely selfish reasons, I didnt' want to have to keep going back to the couch every hour to re-calm her down)

Didn't know you could mix breast milk with formula. But as for the rest, don't feel guilty. She needed to sleep and calm down for her own good too, so that helping her achieve that was a good thing, not a bad thing. At least IMO. :hugs:

This thread always has me in tears with laughter!

Can't beleive I have something to post in here:blush:...

The other day I was at my Mama's and we have been using those plastic dummy clips. My parents are always making comments about how they don't like them. This particulair day my Mama had given me a baby saftey pin to use with a piece of ribbon instead of the dummy clip as she thought it would be better. I took it from her and smiled thinking 'yeah right! How is this safer than a nice round plastic clip?!' I then shoved it in my diaper bag vowing never to use it under my breath. Later that day I brought out my 'safer' plastic dummy clip and popped LO's dummy in her mouth and clipped the clip to the sleeve of her baby grow, to my horror as I looked over to my mother smugly that I wasn't using the baby safety pin I noticed that I had clipped the dummy to her skin!!!!! It was fully closed on her sleeve and her skin!!!! Strangely LO hadn't noticed straight away as it was on the loose skin around the top of her armpit. I tried not to panic and get the clip off with one hand whilst holding her so that my Mama wouldn't notice. But by then LO had noticed and let out a huge scream and started wailing!!! By then I was panic stricken and had pictures of an open wound caused by me rushing through my head. I screamed for my Mama who was watching TV and she took the clip off and walked off with my LO and wouldn't give her back for ages whilst LO was crying. She kept saying 'I told you those clips were stupid!' I stood there and felt like a bad mother and a naughty child all at once!:dohh:

Day before that I was feeding LO in the garden whilst hubby clened the car. I didn't notice that her feet were pokng through the arms of the chair as I fed her and I moved to face hubby trapping and then yanking her little legs through the chair. She screamed and then started crying. Hubby was like, 'Wow what's wrong with her?'and I lied!!!!!! I said 'Oh she's just still hungry:blush:' I felt sooo bad I never told him the truth!!!!! I then looked about scared that a neighbor might have seen what really happened!!!!eeeek!

My baby's nails seem to grow overnight and he'd given himself a good scratch on the nose, so I was trying to trim his nails and I clipped his skin while I was doing it. I felt SO bad because I was getting really frustrated with him flailing around and stuff and then on top of that I hurt the little guy's tiny fingers. I found the world's tiniest bandaid to put on his little finger and felt horrible for the rest of the day. He only cried for a second, but I was crying for hours looking at his sad little finger. :(

My baby's nails seem to grow overnight and he'd given himself a good scratch on the nose, so I was trying to trim his nails and I clipped his skin while I was doing it. I felt SO bad because I was getting really frustrated with him flailing around and stuff and then on top of that I hurt the little guy's tiny fingers. I found the world's tiniest bandaid to put on his little finger and felt horrible for the rest of the day. He only cried for a second, but I was crying for hours looking at his sad little finger. :(

I caught LOs finger once, I'm sure he spent all that day pointing it at me to make me feel extra guilty!

awww, I'm well scared of dong this as my LO is constantly moving, but she scratches herself on the face too so I'm always putting scratch mittens on her. Think it's best to do it in their sleep.But I'm sure it's easier said than done lol. :winkwink:

awww, I'm well scared of dong this as my LO is constantly moving, but she scratches herself on the face too so I'm always putting scratch mittens on her. Think it's best to do it in their sleep.But I'm sure it's easier said than done lol. :winkwink:

Unfortunately, he's a really light sleeper. I can't do anything to him/for him while he's asleep or his little eyes pop right open. I'm sure it would be easier if I could!

Heres a bad mommy confession for ya !
We vacuumed the rug a few days ago & found out LO is terrified of the vacuum. We couldn't help but laugh at his reaction to it though. But the bad thing is that now we put the vacuum at the bottom of the stairs to keep him from climbing. :haha:

Okay, I was clipping Claudia's nails, when she moved quickly and I cut the skin off her finger. I cried with her!

Also, erm.. I feel terrible but when she was about 3 - 4 weeks old she had diarrhea, bad. I went to town with her, when I got to the bus stop, she blew in to her pants.. I was so embarrassed as a new mother about the smell I walked home, I couldn't find a baby changing unit. So spent 30 minutes walking home. When I got her home the poop was everywhere. I still feel bad now!

I've had a stomach bug and felt awful all day yesterday, All Night and today.Poor ds has either been confined to playing on the bed next to me while I rest or in the travel cot :-( he just learnt to crawl yesterday and really wants to be on the move but I just don't have the energy to run around after him.

I've had flu, yesterday my poor toddler got shipped off with his aunties for the day, not too bad you'd think, not exactly, first stop dietician (they've lost almost 10st between them since feb) then on to the oncology ward to collect their friend who's got terminal leukaemia to take her home to visit her kids for the weekend, then off to watch sil try on new work clothes. Poor kid was really well behaved all day! I got him back for his tea. They offered to take him out again today and even tho I'm feeling a lot better I seriously considered it to get a day on my own. In the end we baked together.

when I'd not long brought Darragh home, I was changing him on the changing mat on the sofa, which has a slight incline.
I realised I'd left the water to clean his belly button clip in the kitchen so ran in to get it, knowing he couldn't roll off.
When I came back in, like, seconds later, he's had a huge poop and it had ran up the groove of the changing mat all the way to the back of his head :cry: The poor little soul was lying there in the midst of it, completely unphased.
I was crying laughing by the time I told my OH, rather than just crying, which I had been at the time

There were a few times I ended up crying about as hard as Barrett but he was always over it before I was. One time which was the worse, was when he was maybe 2-3 weeks old. I was sitting on the couch feeding him when hubby brought me a plate with toquitos on it. I grabbed one and was happily eating, feeding baby and watching tv. Well Baby gets really quiet and unlatches. I looked down to see his eyes clenched shut, mouth wide open holding his breath with a red face. Then he lets out the saddest cry that a tiny baby could make. I had dropped melted hot cheese on his elbow. I couldn't eat anything with cheese on/in it for months! and I have never eaten anything while feeding him unless it's only room temp.

on a different note, now that my baby is older (5 months) I understand him a little better and know what his cries mean and all that. Well sometimes I hear him getting frustrated about something but I leave him for a minute to try figure it out. Sometimes I'll continue watching him even when he pulls the "super pouty lip" face on me just because it's cute and makes me laugh. I'm such an awful mom.

ps. apparently the sound of me typing a hundred words a minute puts my son to sleep. I'm sitting here typing as he's fussing cuz he's tired and now he's sound asleep. weird. lol

When LO was a few weeks old, OH dropped a chocolate iced cupcake on his forehead on accident & I contemplated taking a picture before cleaning it off. Bad mommie thoughts. :haha:

My LO is teething quite badly lately and is biting a lot. Today he bit my finger REALLY hard and I tapped in on the cheek to get him to let go of my finger because it hurt so bad. OH saw and said "don't hit him". I feel so bad. It wasn't hard or anything but I wish that hadn't been my reaction.

I'm doing Elimination Communication and today I was just TOO TIRED (not that its even a lot of effort) and so rather than getting up off the couch with my LO when she was giving me cues, because I was napping and half asleep I just kept on popping her soo-soo in her mouth lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->