The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

I have a 7 week old (adjusted, 13 weeks actual) and haven't had any "bad mummy" stories yet, but I do have one from when I was babysitting my niece and nephew a few years back.

My sister always made her own baby food and would put it in little tiny containers in the fridge. I asked her what she wanted me to feed my niece (my nephew was eating solids on his own at that point) and she said, "Whatever is in the fridge, it doesn't matter."

So I figured I'd pick a meat, a vegetable, and a fruit. They were each in their own container. Everytime I would give her the fruit she would make this face like she hated it. I thought it was strange because it looked good. Like berries.

When my sister and her husband got home later that night, she asked what she ate and I told her about the fruit. She said, "Wait, did it look like berries?" I said "Yeah, and she HATED it. Weird kid."

She says, "um, that was fruit compote that Doug made for crepes. It had Chambord in it."

Chambord has alcohol in it. That's why she kept making the face. I fed my 8 month old niece alcoholic berries. But she slept like a dream that night!!

But in my defense, she had it in the same kind of container as the baby food.

I was having lunch with a friend and LO was happily BF'ing away under the apron. When lunch came i thought i would wait for LO to finish before i ate the chicken burger but would just pick at the chips. So chatting away to my friend, suddenly LO unlatched and started SCREAMING the pub down. I was like WTF???? Whats wrong? It took me a second to work it out, then i realised a piece of hot potato had dropped from the chip when i bit into it and was burning her chest. It had dropped down through the top of the apron onto her. It caused two blisters on her chest and i was absolutely gutted and felt terrible. It took a week to heal using sudocrem on it every day and theres no scar but i will never eat or drink anything hot when shes on me again.

I felt really bad yesterday. Holly was given a present in a box, and this present was from a family member who is a very heavy smoker. Holly was in her baby walker and I came back to the room from the loo and she had managed to pick the box up and had one of the cardboard flaps in her mouth and was busily chewing on it!!
I took it off her straight away. The box stunk of cigarette smoke and I smelled Holly's mouth and it smelt of that too. I felt so bad!

well, it turns out I've been taking Darragh out and about in a set of pyjamas that I thought were cute little daytime clothes. on closer inspection, they do have a moon and stars on the front. oops!

Me and OH used LO's spinning toy to play a drinking game :blush: No alcohol came near his toy, but it has different colors on each part of a wheel and we spun it and depending on what color it landed on decided what we drank/how much we drank of it. Yes, I am ashamed of my shameful behavior!

(Best thing is, while we were doing this OH told me I can put what we were doing on the bad mothers thread :dohh:)

My first post :( yesterday I was round a friends house with Noel and notic e he'd suddenly been sick. It hadn't made it to his top so I dived across to wipe it but landed a bit on his foot. His foot was fine and he only cried for a little bit, but I still feel really bad. :(

My sister is a nanny for a 3 month old little girl & today we had a playdate with her and Corey (she obviously didn't really play but ah well) My sister was holding the little girl & I was holding Corey when I saw Corey go for the other babys head with both hands, he's very good with other LOs & animals so I didn't think anything of it... until he grabbed her head & started to suck on her forehead... :haha: Not sure if this is a bad mommy moment but I felt bad for the little girl after !

My sister is a nanny for a 3 month old little girl & today we had a playdate with her and Corey (she obviously didn't really play but ah well) My sister was holding the little girl & I was holding Corey when I saw Corey go for the other babys head with both hands, he's very good with other LOs & animals so I didn't think anything of it... until he grabbed her head & started to suck on her forehead... :haha: Not sure if this is a bad mommy moment but I felt bad for the little girl after !

I don't think that's a bad mommy moment! :haha: I got a little chuckle from it and think it's kinda cute.

I had my son unbuckled in his bouncer while DH and I went outside for a smoke. He is a kicker and he's been kicking himself halfway out of his bouncer, but never all the way out because he wasn't doing it that quickly and we'd usually catch him before he got all the way out. Well, we come back in and didn't see him, so I randomly thought maybe I stuck him in his crib... then we get closer and he's UNDER the bouncer with his hands up on the back of it, he looked like a mechanic that was changing the oil on his bouncer! We cracked up about it but I felt horrible that he wiggled himself out and somehow got underneath the darn thing!

My husband let Holly into the dining room on her baby walker earlier today. We have double doors from the living room into the dining room and I usually close one of them as I don't like her going in there because she can pull stuff down on herself. My husband was watching her from the kitchen. She pulled a coat that was hanging on a wooden chair at the table in there and pulled the chair down on herself! Luckily it went to one side of her and only hit her on the arm. Luckily she's fine but I had a total panic, she could have really hurt herself! Hubby now understands why I don't let baby into the dining room!

I love my kids to death but I don't always LIKE them. :nope:

There have been a few moments since I had my newborn that I've dreamt of walking away from the house and not coming back for a few hours. :blush: I would never DO it but gosh...the dreams are so nice.

My DD and I were eating grapes the other day and was feeding them too me. Well, I went to take a bite of the grape and ended up biting her finger! :cry: I felt so horrible, she cried and screamed....

my bad mummy confessions are:
i left orla on my bed for a few seconds while i walked over to my drawers to put clothes away and when i turned around to check on her she had shimmied backwards and was hanging foot first off the bed holding on for dear life. she slid back on to the floor before i coulf save her and landed sitting up on her bottom but fell back and bumped her head. safe to say we were both distraught. she was okay though. luckily my bed is quite low or it could have been so much worse.

another confession.. OH discovered that LO had made a huge mess in her nappy and it had travelled all the way down her leg and up her back and she must have been sitting in it for about half an hour. when we were changing her (it was a two man clean up job) she put her hands on her legs and smeared poo on her face and mouth!!! OH laughed but i nearly screamed. never felt so guilty in my life until these incidents.

My baby's nails seem to grow overnight and he'd given himself a good scratch on the nose, so I was trying to trim his nails and I clipped his skin while I was doing it. I felt SO bad because I was getting really frustrated with him flailing around and stuff and then on top of that I hurt the little guy's tiny fingers. I found the world's tiniest bandaid to put on his little finger and felt horrible for the rest of the day. He only cried for a second, but I was crying for hours looking at his sad little finger. :(

Try it when lo is eating :)

I like how she keeps mentioning these "friends" that are doing all these bad things. Do you think that DCS reads these forums? LOL!

Today, while out for lunch at a restaurant lo started choking on her food, I quickly unbuckled her, to give her a pat on the back, not realising there was no "between leg strap" and she begun to slip through the chair...I caught her by the head and dh had to push her back up via her rump.

In fact there's probably a thread somewhere in bc......"totally stupid mum I saw today....."

Today Dominic learnt how to roll front to back. He had been rolling back to front for about a month now but not how to roll back. When we get the boys ready for bed, we usually lay down one on the nursery bed while we change the other on the changing table. While I was changing Sebastian, OH got up from Dominic's side on the bed to hand me a fresh onsie for Sebastian. Dominic was lying on his front and OH and I only took our eyes off of him for a second. In that second he turned to his back again but that took him over the edge of the bed and he fell to the floor! Luckily the nursery bed is not at all high and he wasn't hurt just shocked but OH and I were really shaken by it all! It goes soo quick! And from now on we won't be able to leave him lie there on his own at all! So I guess when I am on my own and changing Sebastian, Dominic will have to be laid down in his cot to be safe :( He will not like that as he only ever goes in there at night.

OMG today Aria has driven me COMPLETELY mental..

so I put her in the living room with Three Days Grace blasting at maximum volume and she went straight to sleep ... WTF?!? How come I can't calm her down but that does? :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->