The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

We've been staying in a flat with a dog the last few days and the dog loved Maria and kept following her around but if she was lying on the floor at any point (occasionally he "helped" her to lie down...) he would start humping her leg and I would just laugh for a while before rescuing her. Every single time.

A few weeks ago J fell off the bed :(

He was right in the middle of the bed, and it was before he started moving AT ALL, so I thought he would be fine for a few seconds while I went and talked to OH next door while he was running J's bath. All of a sudden we heard him scream, both came running in and he'd managed to wriggle off! Our bathroom was SOAKED because we run the bath with the shower, and OH dropped it when we came running. He was fine after, stopped crying as soon as we picked him up, fed fine, wasn't drowsy, checked his soft spot etc, but I was still bawling! Still feel guilty about it now. To this day have no idea how he managed it!

A few weeks ago J fell off the bed :(

He was right in the middle of the bed, and it was before he started moving AT ALL, so I thought he would be fine for a few seconds while I went and talked to OH next door while he was running J's bath. All of a sudden we heard him scream, both came running in and he'd managed to wriggle off! Our bathroom was SOAKED because we run the bath with the shower, and OH dropped it when we came running. He was fine after, stopped crying as soon as we picked him up, fed fine, wasn't drowsy, checked his soft spot etc, but I was still bawling! Still feel guilty about it now. To this day have no idea how he managed it!

I always leave my LO in the middle of the bed, or on the sofa (i take all the cushions off) because she cant move or roll at all, but i always see posts like this and it makes me think maybe i should be careful because one day she will just fall off and ill feel terrible! Hope your LO is ok tho x

Holly was in her bouncer on Sunday and was shuffling down so her feet were on the floor. She then decided to lean forward. I caught her just before she hit the floor, never ran so fast across the room!!

Here's my second confession: I don't think my daughter is that pretty. She kind of looks like Yoda and I'm just hopeful she grows into her looks. I thought my son was the cutest baby in the world at her age...and it makes me feel like crap that I still believe that statement. :blush:

ha ha ha ha my hubby says ours look like yoda. i think its just cos theyre wrinkly with big eyes mine dobt really look like yoda and im sure yrs doesnt either

I hide from my son multiply times a day :rofl: I know when he see's me he comes after me to play

I was gutted the either day because I was in a rush time get home after staying at MILs whilst bathroom w as being fitted. I strapped LO in the car seat but didn't strap the sea t belt around it. When I had time brake I heard a noise looked around and the car seat was hanging upside down. I literally abandoned my car in the middle of the road and ran round time rescue Harry. He was a little bit red checked but was completely fine.... :-( luckily for me.

I can't believe I'm already writing on this thread and my LO is only 3 1/2 weeks. I was strapping her into her bouncer yesterday and trapped her little finger. She looked at me then cried for about 20 seconds. I felt awful. Her wee finger is still red today ;-(

If there was a prize for worlds worst mother I think I just won...

I accidently without thinking poured toilet cleaner on top of bleach tonight in the loo, which filled the house with toxic chlorine gases and nearly killed myself and poisoned hubby and LO in the process :wacko:

New bad Mum joining you all! :flower:
Well, two nights ago, I expressed then fed LO at around 2am with the expressed milk and put the pump equipment to sterilize... Or so I thought!! Did the same again for her early morning feed at around 5am. It was only after I fed her when I realized that I had never switched on the sterilizer earlier. Meaning I fed her milk which had been expressed with a pump that had essentially only been rinsed a few hours before... Poor baby! Luckily, she seems okay.

Can I blame sleep deprivation, please?? :wacko:

We went shopping with LO this morning and when we were in Aldi I noticed her feet were freezing, I didn't have any socks either, I felt so so bad! :( Luckily when we got back to the car I noticed I had some trousers with 'gloved' feet for her which I put on!

We went shopping with LO this morning and when we were in Aldi I noticed her feet were freezing, I didn't have any socks either, I felt so so bad! :( Luckily when we got back to the car I noticed I had some trousers with 'gloved' feet for her which I put on!

Don't feel bad, we had a cold front come in and we were caught right in the middle of it, my lo had on a onsie and shorts! Ppl looked at me like I had lost my mind.

Don't feel bad, we had a cold front come in and we were caught right in the middle of it, my lo had on a onsie and shorts! Ppl looked at me like I had lost my mind.

Lol, the bad weather always seems to arrive at the wrong time doesn't it!

This happened a while ago but your weather stories reminded me.

Juliet got up super early one day so I thought we'd go walk on the beach to watch the sunrise. I got her ready, and we left. As we were walking across the street a fat drop of water fell on me and I thought it was just dew on the streetlight. As we walked down the beach stairs I could hear what sounded like rain in the trees but I didn't feel anything, so I thought it was just the trees dropping thoae berry things. Nope. As we walked across the beach parking lot it started POURING and kept at it for 45 minutes! We were huddled under a building awning for the whole time.

this has happened a few times, since summer is learning to sit up on her own un assisted
so i will leave her in a nice comfortable well supported part of the couch in the mornings when i go and make breakfast in the next room so i can see her, but then she will slowly slip and fall on her face and scream, i feel terrible, its like she cannot breath and it only happened once, well twice now and i felt like such a terrible mother
i guess rolling and falling is part of learning but still i was seriously feeling bad

I just got my daughter stuck in a pumpkin! She really cried when we were trying to get her out, poor thing! All for a cute photo!

And the worst part...it was so worth it...the picture's lovely!! :blush:

I have a confession about something that happened this morning and I feel so so bad and so guilty.
After her morning feed Olivia does not like to go back down in her Moses basket and she normally sleeps on a pillow (the pillow I use to breastfeed) on my lap in bed while I watch things on my iPad with my hand on her tummy for comfort. Anyway I must have fallen asleep briefly because the next thing I know I wake up and she is not on the pillow any more she is face down on the bed. She must have slid off/ rolled off. I picked her up and she was wide awake looking around and alert. She was not crying or anything and did not look distressed and started to feed straight away but I just feel so so bad that something horrible could have happened. I have vowed never to fall asleep again with her in bed!!! She has been her normal self all day, smiling, alert and feeding well but arrrgghhhh all I see when I close my eyes is her face down on the bed!!

I had a 4th degree tear when having my LO & so find it a bit difficult sometimes to hold in wind :blush:

anyway I just trumped a few minutes ago & LO was in her basket between me & OH & he looked at me & asked in surprise was that her.... & I said yes :blush:
bad mummy blaming my trumps on my cute little girl :haha:

xx

I had a 4th degree tear when having my LO & so find it a bit difficult sometimes to hold in wind :blush:

anyway I just trumped a few minutes ago & LO was in her basket between me & OH & he looked at me & asked in surprise was that her.... & I said yes :blush:
bad mummy blaming my trumps on my cute little girl :haha:

xx

I always blame mine on Julian :blush: Never works though! His usually get blamed on me :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->