The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

Haha. He looks like he might be doing one in that picture lol :haha:
xx

I had a 4th degree tear when having my LO & so find it a bit difficult sometimes to hold in wind :blush:

anyway I just trumped a few minutes ago & LO was in her basket between me & OH & he looked at me & asked in surprise was that her.... & I said yes :blush:
bad mummy blaming my trumps on my cute little girl :haha:

xx

I was the same! I had an episiotomy and zero control down there for a good few weeks. Alex was in nicu for a few days and I was stood over his cot and there were loads of other parents there, and I could feel muself fart but couldn't stop it. It stank, and I quickly said Ewwww Alex you stinky boy! And changed his nappy for good measure :haha:

A couple of confessions to get off my chest-

I regularly let my daughter (14 months) play with my pill bottles. They make the best sound according to her! Although now I do tend to wait until there are no pills left and pop a coin in there instead. I can't afford to lose my tablets!they do have those child proof lids on so she can't open it.

Last week she was playing in the downstairs hallway looking out the big window. Then I realised it'd gone a bit quiet (always a bad sign!). I went to look and realised I'd left the stairgate open and LO was standing at the top of the stairs grinning at me! My heart was in my mouth. She can't go down steps yet.honestly, they she can't be left for a second!

My husband managed to hit her head with the door this morning. She now has a lovely purple bruise.

She hurt her finger in a drawer earlier and for some reason I can't explain it made me laugh! I think it was the little wimpering noise she made. Poor pet. I obviously gave her big cuddles though.

when jak was a newborn i shouted at him :( something along the lines of "shut up and go to sleep your ruining everything" and i stormed out the room n cryed. omg i feel sooo guilty about it and hes almost 10 months now. we didnt get off to a great start lol xx

Just the once?

I did it loads of times.:blush:

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who's done this. I always felt terrible after though :(
I shouted some unspeakable things at her when she had colic.:blush:

And "shut up" has escaped my lips from time to time too!

I have done this too. I have been up since 5.30 and manty times throughout the night with my 7 month old boy, and i shouted "why dont you leave me alone... PLEASE SHUT UP!" still feel really guilty for saying it because i do love my wee guy so much.

I had a 4th degree tear when having my LO & so find it a bit difficult sometimes to hold in wind :blush:

anyway I just trumped a few minutes ago & LO was in her basket between me & OH & he looked at me & asked in surprise was that her.... & I said yes :blush:
bad mummy blaming my trumps on my cute little girl :haha:

xx

I was the same! I had an episiotomy and zero control down there for a good few weeks. Alex was in nicu for a few days and I was stood over his cot and there were loads of other parents there, and I could feel muself fart but couldn't stop it. It stank, and I quickly said Ewwww Alex you stinky boy! And changed his nappy for good measure :haha:

That made me lol. Im lucky if i do this i have the choice to blame it on our baby (who is a very windy boy anyway) or the dog, who also frequently farts!

ive called my son everything under the sun starting with sh and s when he wont stop crying and ive doen everything i can and want some sleep
except for shit lol

you little shhhhharpener
shhhhhovel
shhhaperone
shhhhade
shhhoulder
shhhampoo

running out of sh words now though any suggestions? :blush:

ive called my son everything under the sun starting with sh and s when he wont stop crying and ive doen everything i can and want some sleep
except for shit lol

you little shhhhharpener
shhhhhovel
shhhaperone
shhhhade
shhhoulder
shhhampoo

running out of sh words now though any suggestions? :blush:

shhhhoehorn
shhhhrimp
shhhhopping bag
shhhhugar

:rofl:

Glad I'm not the only one. I've been a lot more relaxed now with getting more sleep, but those first couple of weeks of non-stop crying AND no sleep were hard. I told him to shut up numerous times. I felt (and still feel) really bad about it, but when you've had zero sleep and are so frustrated all you can do is cry yourself, you sometimes just don't have control of what comes out of your mouth.

Rest assured I said FAR worse things to DH. Oops.

A couple of confessions to get off my chest-

I regularly let my daughter (14 months) play with my pill bottles. They make the best sound according to her! Although now I do tend to wait until there are no pills left and pop a coin in there instead. I can't afford to lose my tablets!they do have those child proof lids on so she can't open it.

Last week she was playing in the downstairs hallway looking out the big window. Then I realised it'd gone a bit quiet (always a bad sign!). I went to look and realised I'd left the stairgate open and LO was standing at the top of the stairs grinning at me! My heart was in my mouth. She can't go down steps yet.honestly, they she can't be left for a second!

My husband managed to hit her head with the door this morning. She now has a lovely purple bruise.

She hurt her finger in a drawer earlier and for some reason I can't explain it made me laugh! I think it was the little wimpering noise she made. Poor pet. I obviously gave her big cuddles though.

Pill bottles allows me to take a shower everday :rofl: He finds one in the bathroom and jingles away for 10 minutes. Its locked on there and im watching him. I can't see a baby opening something that een I have trouble opening :haha:

I accidently knicked my DD's cheek with a fingernail. It actually drew blood and her hurt face and cry broke my heart. Still feel guilty about that.

When the state fair was in town, I bought a HUGE bag of cotton candy. LO was only 2.5m at the time and we gave her a little bit of it. I swear it was only like a tiny tiny tiny amount :p

This one is a bit weird.... when I get up with DD in the middle of the night, I feed her in the living room where there is a little bit of light coming from the kitchen. While LO is eating, I imagine that at any second her face is going to change in to an alien, or demon, or just something scary and imagine what I would do if that happened. Like would I throw her away from me? Would I just gasp... etc.

^^
I'm with you there. I can remember changing my DS when he was tiny & he was screaming the place down, but he had his eyes open.

It freaked me the hell out, he looked so demonic. :blush:

LisaL- me too! Sometimes if he is in his cot i hear him crying or whinging on the monitor so i pop in to check him. Just before I lean over the cot I sometimes fleetingly think- what would happen if he was a demon baby or alien and launched himself at my face to bite me when I lean in. Sooooo weird but I think it lots!

Joy x

^^^^^^ What everyone in the previous posts says about demon or alien babies. I think about it more so when i go into his room when its dark. I then think what if i look in and he's not there, only to look up and see him in the corner with a demon/alien face! I honestly give myself nightmares sometimes, i have a very overactive imagination.

BAD mother moment, the other day while i was walking into my room, i had my LO in the stroller so she would know where i was as there was noone else in the house and as i was getting dressed, i hear this massive scream, whoops she had slipped out of her pram/stroller and landed on her back, talk about crappy useless mother feelings!!!! how did i forget to just clip her into the stroller???:cry::cry: she stopped crying within minutes after a big cuddle but still

I hit my 8 week old son on the head with a giant flashlight during a power outage. He cried a lot :(

I have a bad daddy moment.
Dh was sitting on the floor holding Lilly on his lap. He was only holding her with one hand and lately she's been in to lunging forward or backward and he turned to look up at me on the couch and she lunged forward and hit her head on the ground.
I panicked and jumped off the couch crying hysterically with her and dh was trying to calm her down. He had to go upstairs with her because my freaking out was making him freak out!

Okay....first time on the confessional...

I use....jars of food to feed my LO as am too lazy and have a terrible diet (last night had brie and crackers for dinner).....I just nod when people mention cookbooks for babies....

...um....

ps. it's sometimes organic stuff, that counts as okay, right?

officially bad mum day today. ds is being super clingy. doesn't want to sleep, doesn't want to feed, doesn't want to play, just wants to be held. ALL DAY! he's 8 kilos, very wriggly and i have arthritis and i needed a break soooo...
right now he's sat next to me in his vibrating chair watching the big bang theory while i have a cup of tea. so not going to win any parenting awards but my head feels better now he's not crying!

Bad dad moment

hubby lets the girls watch the hoobs on a mornin while he has a cuppa. Theyre 4 month old.
My confession. Ive started givin them a few spoonfuls of rice.

I forgot for a fleeting second which child of mine I was changing (one is 2 and one is 13 weeks). I almost tried to stand my baby up when I was done changing her that could have been a disaster!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->