The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

The flashlight one reminded me of when ds was about 6/7 weeks old. He was nursing and I dropped a pack of fig rolls (fig newtons to us Americans) on his head. I lied and told dh that the pack was empty when really I had only eaten one. Oops.

I was in Boots buying nasal spray as LO has a cold.
I went to the self service checkout, and beeped my items and it says "please take your items"...so off I went.
Except I forgot my baby. DUHHHHHH talk about embarrassing when I realize "hang on wheres the pram" while I'm half way out the door and I have to run back and grab it and run away in front of all those people doing Christmas shopping. Cringe!

Me again! :hi: :blush: :blush:
I had the fright of my life before! Holly was in her baby walker and managed to lean over to the side that far that she fell out of it! :( I think she must have grabbed the bottom of the baby walker to pull herself out too. I just saw it like in slow motion her feet went in the air and she fell over the side of the baby walker. I rushed over to her and luckily she was ok as she had fallen on her hands and she had a big padded jacket on still as we had just got in from a walk. I still can't believe she managed to get out of it over the side, she's so determined! Definitely watching her like a hawk in that now!

Ive ran over islas foot with the pram.
And bashed her arm on the door frame when walkin out.

Bless its always isla.

But hubby did drop the moses basket when they were a wk old n lilly rolled out.
I was convinced she was damaged i told the midwife to check her.

Last night/early morning, after Robyn had been awake crying on and off for an hour and a half, I decided to try feeding her again. When I sat up in bed, I sat on her dummy- ow!

I threw it across the room in a fit of temper. Strangely, the sudden noise stopped Robyn crying :)

I keep forgetting raised voices make Josh cry :blush:

I'm so stressed atm, I shout at random stuff, like the tv & make him cry. Bad mummy

Bad Mommy Moment :
Corey wouldn't sleep last night so we let him rock with my mom in the living room & watch wrestling. :haha:
But it put him right to sleep. :D

Here's my first bad mom moment...
Today Thorrin is 8 weeks old. He doesn't have another appt until December! I want to know what he weighs now!
So I figured I have a kitchen scale and a bowl. I zeroed out the scale and put the baby in the mixing bowl. It worked quite well but I wanted to get a picture. But his head was resting on the edge of the bowl and it made him cry. I got my picture holding his head up but then he bowl tipped over and I caught him as he fell/poured out of the bowl. He wasn't very happy but got over it in 30 seconds as I held him.
I feel so bad because I put him through discomfort most just to get a picture! It's funny though :D

Had my first bad mother moment yesterday and, although it didn't affect the baby per se, I feel terrible! :cry:

LO had an appointment for her 8 week check and first immunisations yesterday. I thought it was today and missed it! :dohh: I called to apologise and rebook for next week as soon as I realised (which was about an hour after the appointment time) but I'm petrified now that DD will contract some terrible disease between now and then that she would have been protected against! :blush:

Having worked as a GP's receptionist in the past I also know how annoying it is when appointments go to waste so that makes me feel even worse (and I got no sympathy or understanding from the receptionist I spoke to which didn't help)!!

I promise I'll remember the next one and have reminders everywhere just in case!

I'm feeling really ill today after a cold lasting nearly 3 weeks, 3 hours sleep Sunday and Monday then up most of last night vomiting.

OH is on a course today, so couldn't stay home and everyone else is in work so I've got no help with LO.

I've got zero energy and am aching and hurting all over, so as a result LO has been confined to cot, playpen and high chair and I feel just awful but he won't sit nicely on my lap, or anywhere for that matter and I just don't have the energy to keep running after him :cry:

I'm feeling really ill today after a cold lasting nearly 3 weeks, 3 hours sleep Sunday and Monday then up most of last night vomiting.

OH is on a course today, so couldn't stay home and everyone else is in work so I've got no help with LO.

I've got zero energy and am aching and hurting all over, so as a result LO has been confined to cot, playpen and high chair and I feel just awful but he won't sit nicely on my lap, or anywhere for that matter and I just don't have the energy to keep running after him :cry:

Aww I hope you're feeling better soon :hugs:

For once, my husband is the BAD daddy. Getting haien out of the high chair and as soon as he took the tray off, haiden stretched his body out and fell on the tile and landed on his back on the bottom front bar of the chair. (poor baby :()
He did break his fall, but couldnt catch him in time.

Another super mommy/ bad mommy moment.
LO was playing in my room with me & I turned away for a second & when I looked back he was messing with the tv & little bookshelf it's sitting on at the moment good thing I looked because two seconds later I was catching the tv & shelf as it was almost on top of him. didn't touch him though. Thank goodness ! Scared the sh!t out of both of us !

Thank goodness you caught it!

My bad mummy is that Flynn has a fungal infection all over his todger, dr says there's no real reason he got it and it'll clear up with steroid cream but I feel awful!
I feel like its my fault, do I not change him often enough?
His poor little todge is dark red and really swollen, I have to put cream on twice a day.
I've set an alarm on my phone, till it clears up ill be changing him every hour (unless he's asleep, I feel bad I'm not a martyr)

I was bed sharing with my baby last night, I farted and woke her up, oops! :blush:

:rofl:

I work from home every Friday and have done for over a year now but today was also full of cold, shattered and couldn't face multi tasking activities for Molly (like setting up painting, duplo, drawing, puzzles etc) as well as concentrate on work so put on a DVD marathon and plonked her on the sofa for most of the day next to me. She didn't seem to mind and actually enjoyed it. So yeah bad Mummy moment not engaging with my child for a lot of the day.

I got pulled over for speeding with the baby in the car.....bad mommy moment!!! Luckily I only got a warning!

Just put some Bonjela teething gel on LO's gums then realised afterward that it expired in August. I know I should have checked the expiry date beforehand but we bought it about a month before he was born and I just assumed it was one of those products with a really long expiry date, atleast for another year. Learnt my lesson now :(

Wow i come on this thread for the first time thinking why dont i ckeck it out...? Now im left with scary alien baby images thanks for that! ! I already feel like theres something in her room watching me!:dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->